+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Staff of Torment or MH/OH

Default Staff of Torment or MH/OH

I have the ability to craft Staff of Torment (with an epic augment of course) and I'm not sure if I should get it. Doing so would give the 4p bonus but atm I have Entropy (MH) and Gilded Skull (OH). Need some guidance please.
    ima mage, trust me

Shadowlander

i went with the torment intill i got to the GSB and ROS raiding relics where i started going for 1h/oh

here is a useful link to bluedots gearlist.
    Last edited by Daddale; 10-04-2011 at 01:35 AM.

Plane Touched

As he said..

Staff of torment till T1 relic.

Ascendant

The staff will be definitely better than what you have until you get a raid 1hand. After that you'll have to compare stats really. But the staves dropping in t1 raids are better than the staff of torment as well... not just the relic.

mk. the stats on what i have are marginally higher but i wasnt sure if the set bonus was worth it to pick up the staff. (maybe it didnt proc enough) ill start gathering materials to make the staff. thx everyone for the help
    ima mage, trust me

Prophet of Telara

A Clever Staff of Torment (using flawless etherialite) has an awesome 100 Crit. The Treant staff dropped from first boss in GSB and whilst it was better by a few SP I lost 48 Crit which I considered a net loss.

(Personal preference I usually trade off on a 2.5:1 utility ratio)

I have in my bag the Death Steel Shiv (first boss RoS) and with Tome of Ancient Runes (Best T2 totem) it was a loss on all fronts from the craft. However when I get a raid totem (I'm looking at you Primordial Edict) it will be better than craft.

As far as I see these are what I'd consider an upgrade from a Clever Staff of Torment:

T3 MH + T3 OH (but not one with a T2 couterpart)

Staff of Excess (first boss GP)

Phantasmagoria (reward for end of Saga of Endless - need to down LGS for Death Corruption)

Relix (Genesis Pylon or Staff of the Inevitable)
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

12 spell power >= 48 crit.
    Getting a raid 1h/gilded skull or a raid 2h will net you about 60-85 SP, or maybe even more, too lazy to look up.
    85 SP is worth like 400 SC.
    Upgrade to any raid weapon +/- the gilded skull is a no-brainer. The 4piece craft set bonus is garbage.

Telaran

I was wondering this myself for some time, passing on a number of 10/20 man items thinking the crit/proc effect made up for it. I decided to grab the first one that dropped after and ended up with this one from mDD Staff of Eternal Flame

Better by far with the added SP, slight crit loss no biggie has a similar proc and has a flame effect on the staff so better looking imo. Is it better than the RoS/GSB ones? not really, pretty equivalent imo and the flame effect makes it for me

Plane Walker

Staff of torment w/ the 4 pc set + 4 pc w/ pyro synergy crystal parsed 50dps higher than the 1h off Scarn in mDD and Gilded Skull

10 Minute parse

What does this mean?

Who knows...

But, go off stats, as the 4pc proc isn't as awesome as you think it is

Default thx :D

mk, i wasnt sure cuz ive seen set bonuses in other games that proc like every 4-5 seconds. im thinking atm ill try for phantasmagoria or something outta mDD since i cant seem to find a raiding grp.
    ima mage, trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Teflondon View Post
    I was wondering this myself for some time, passing on a number of 10/20 man items thinking the crit/proc effect made up for it. I decided to grab the first one that dropped after and ended up with this one from mDD Staff of Eternal Flame

Better by far with the added SP, slight crit loss no biggie has a similar proc and has a flame effect on the staff so better looking imo. Is it better than the RoS/GSB ones? not really, pretty equivalent imo and the flame effect makes it for me
    How often does the staff proc?
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

+ Reply to Thread