+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Synergy Crystal do you suggest for Archon?

Champion of Telara

Default Which Synergy Crystal do you suggest for Archon?

The Archon Crystal, with its increase to the shield, seems a bit underwhelming. Are there any other Crystals you would suggest for Archon?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Telaran

The Archon HK synergy crystal is prob one of the best ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    The Archon Crystal, with its increase to the shield, seems a bit underwhelming. Are there any other Crystals you would suggest for Archon?
    what u want to hear? Using the necromancer synergy crystal or what?
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

Brad,

We looked over this the other day between the three of us in our guild who play Archon. Basically we decided that while the archon crystal is a bit lackluster, its the BiS while you're playing archon. It might require you to actually use the shield ability Hopefully they relook at the 4-pc ability on the crystal, but at this point I think they (trion) are just trying to force us into using their shield ability.

Warlock - minimal DoTs in Archon. +10% crit to leeching flames/volcanic bomb? Not really worth it, but best so far
    Dominator - possible if you plan to incorporate "control or movement impairing spells" into your rotation. I'm fairly certain none of the traditional Archon ability aside from flowing sand fit this description, and nobody uses flowing sand....

The others...

Chloro crystal - no radiant spores
    Necro crystal - no pet that crits in an Archon build
    Stormcaller - no air spells in rotation to crit
    Elementalist - you don't cast lightning strike in your rotation....
    Hwasung the Compulsive

This was actually mentioned in another thread, but if you have dominator in your archon build you could take the Stormcaller crystal for +20s of +75 sp on air spell crits.

The two spells mentioned were Neural Prod and Thunder Blast. The question would be is this marginal gain better than +10% crit on you two DoT components from your regular Archon spells from the warlock crystal.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Adetia View Post
    The Archon HK synergy crystal is prob one of the best ones.
    x2. The two-piece MIGHT not be so bad if you have the archon greater, which is the only mage greater that resembles anything close to potential. I guess the issue is whether or not 91 sp(i think it's 91) is worth the loss of a global, which is certainly might not be.

In any event, the 4 piece sounds pretty amazing, especially since most archon spells scale really well with SP(which is why the 2 piece+archon greater MIGHT be viable).
    Last edited by ElusiveJones; 10-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hwasung View Post
    This was actually mentioned in another thread, but if you have dominator in your archon build you could take the Stormcaller crystal for +20s of +75 sp on air spell crits.

The two spells mentioned were Neural Prod and Thunder Blast. The question would be is this marginal gain better than +10% crit on you two DoT components from your regular Archon spells from the warlock crystal.
    First, to clarify, I was asking about the new T3 crystals, not the ones from HK ...

I was thinking about using the Dom crystal, with Dom as one of my souls. If I cast Thunder Blast once every 30 seconds, I could keep +75 SP up continuously.

For that matter, the Dom Crystal would keep +75 SP up all the time in the standard SC/Elem rotation as well, and would proc on Pyro Flame Bolt (if you specced it for knockback). This is, of course, assuming it procs on all movement impairing spells from other souls.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 10-03-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hwasung View Post

thunder blast will proc the dom one too...
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    First, to clarify, I was asking about the new T3 crystals, not the ones from HK ...

I was thinking about using the Dom crystal, with Dom as one of my souls. If I cast Thunder Blast once every 30 seconds, I could keep +75 SP up continuously.

For that matter, the Dom Crystal would keep +75 SP up all the time in the standard SC/Elem rotation as well, and would proc on Pyro Flame Bolt (if you specced it for knockback). This is, of course, assuming it procs on all movement impairing spells from other souls.
    yup, the dom t3 crystal is more flexible than it look, but you cant spec flame bolt for knock back - its Flame Jet (the horrible pbaoe cone) that get the new talent.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Yes, the archon one is the best one to use. Since you are normaly the softest member of the raid, haveing a fairly hefty shield once every 20 seconds is actualy rather usefull, especialy if you use the greater to make up for the lost gcd. The raid looses more dps by you dieing then by using a gcd on a shield. You can also use it to take a bit of strain off the healers if there is heavy tank damage just by changeing the macro target on the run.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Onerios View Post
    Yes, the archon one is the best one to use. Since you are normaly the softest member of the raid, haveing a fairly hefty shield once every 20 seconds is actualy rather usefull, especialy if you use the greater to make up for the lost gcd. The raid looses more dps by you dieing then by using a gcd on a shield. You can also use it to take a bit of strain off the healers if there is heavy tank damage just by changeing the macro target on the run.
    I agree with this and use the shield whenever it's off CD (+ power drain, if possible, to get a bit more). I use the archon greater, and HK crystal, and think of that combo of items+spell as an "on use" trinket.

Plus, the shield has saved my butt more times than I can count. Cast it when you have to move, if possible -- just to save the GCD.
    Level 50 Mage (Archon):Garraeth, of <Decayed> - 10/11 HK.

Plane Touched

If you don't find the archon 2-set bonus valuable, then you prolly haven't played it in HK a lot or have any significant experience there.

Let me elaborate:

1) You need HP as an archon, so you slack on DPS items to get HP. (grug, estrode, molinar, garau, matron, murdantix, darktide)

2) Your shield doesn't recharge fast enough for garau (annoying but true, although you should be able to survive without shield you can swap to some more dps-ish items)

the 4-piece bonus? It's just great.

lol dumb question, HK archon crystal is awsome.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    1) You need HP as an archon, so you slack on DPS items to get HP. (grug, estrode, molinar, garau, matron, murdantix, darktide)
    felt like adding akylios here would be wise thing to do! bloody geysers can 1 shot me if I dont watch out (yes yes I know I could get a more health/defensive build >.>) =/ and thats only the 1st part of that fight :P
    Last edited by Slanster; 10-04-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Really, what they need to do for the hk crystal is cut the losses you have from your aura buffs by something as low as 10% as the two set bonus.

Or they need to make it something more unique for archon (like longer flaring power?)
    (Bswish Mage) (Zairnix Rouge) (Fairen Cleric) S:Laethys
    Pre-SL: Pre-T3 Conq, IF/PF Cleared TDQ: 4/4 FT: 4/4 EE 5/5 HM 1/4 GA 2/4

+ Reply to Thread