+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Stormcaller Rotations

  1. #1
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default Stormcaller Rotations

    SC (34) / Ele (32) / Archon (0)

    Stats:
    1392 SP (+75 SP from 2-piece Stormcaller Crystal)
    889 SC (38.7%)


    1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Mobile - Parse


    Opening Rotation

    SV, 5x PS, 2x TB, (BS), TB, IS


    Repeated Rotation
    ******
    (CD), (SF), HS, LS, CB, (/SF), (/BS)
    IS, (SF), (BS), AB, RS, (/SF), (/BS)
    CB, (SF), LS, CB, (/SF), 2x CB, TB
    IS, 2x CB, (BS), TB

    ******

    Hailstorm CD Macro
    Code:
    #show Hailstorm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Discharge
    use Alsbeth's Focusing Orb
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Hailstorm
    ----------------


    1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Turret - Parse

    Opening Rotation

    SV, 5x PS, 2x TB, (BS), TB

    Repeated Rotation
    ******
    IS, (CD), (SF), LS, HS, CB, (/SF)
    IS, (SF), AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF), LS, 3x CB
    IS, TB, CB, (BS), (SF), LS, AB, RS, (/SF)
    IS, (SF), HS, (/BS), (/SF), LS, 3x CB, TB
    (BS), IS, (SF), LS, AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF), 3x CB, TB

    ******

    CD Macro: Lightning Strike + Hailstorm
    Code:
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Static Discharge
    use Alsbeth's Focusing Orb
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Hailstorm

    Nuke Macro: Lightning Strike + Arctic Blast + Raging Storm
    Code:
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Raging Storm

    If there's any questions ask instead of me writing a three thousand word "guide".

    Note: I'm not entirely happy with the Mobile rotation as i think it can be polished a lot better, but it has many instants for relocating and high burst during the IE window where it counts.

    It drops all too much during the filler part as seen, but i'm not done tweaking yet.
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

  2. #2
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Mobile Icy - Parse

    Opening Rotation

    SV, 5x PS, 2x TB, (BS), TB, IS

    Repeated Rotation
    ******
    (CD), (SF), HS, LS, CB, (/SF), (/BS)
    IS, (SF), (BS), AB, RS, (/SF), (/BS)
    (SF), IC, (/SF), LS, (EF), CB, (/EF), 2x CB, TB
    IS, 2x CB, (BS), TB

    ******
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Question on second rotation 1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Turret - Parse
    after Using CD macro, how can you use another LS right after?
    IS, (CD), (SF), *LS, *HS, CB, (/SF)
    since the CD time for LS is 10 second, after casting first LS and HS you still have 5.5 second left in order to cast another LS not to mention another HS right after

    or do you mean IS,(SF),(CD), CB?

  4. #4
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirii View Post
    Question on second rotation 1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Turret - Parse
    after Using CD macro, how can you use another LS right after?
    IS, (CD), (SF), *LS, *HS, CB, (/SF)
    since the CD time for LS is 10 second, after casting first LS and HS you still have 5.5 second left in order to cast another LS not to mention another HS right after

    or do you mean IS,(SF),(CD), CB?
    The formatted rotation is without any macros used to simplify and shorten the delay between GCD.

    I've chosen to use a few macros to have as many casts inside IE as possible.
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    3 BS stacks is overkill isn't it? 2 stacks gives +60% chance + your base crit chance which should easily be 40%, especially when you consider raid buffs? I've always done 2 bs stacks and never had an issue with AB or HS not critting.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirii View Post
    Question on second rotation 1.5 Rotation: 3 BS, Turret - Parse
    after Using CD macro, how can you use another LS right after?
    IS, (CD), (SF), *LS, *HS, CB, (/SF)
    since the CD time for LS is 10 second, after casting first LS and HS you still have 5.5 second left in order to cast another LS not to mention another HS right after

    or do you mean IS,(SF),(CD), CB?
    IS = ice shear, LS = lightning strike. That confused me, too for a sec :P

  7. #7
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    3 BS stacks is overkill isn't it? 2 stacks gives +60% chance + your base crit chance which should easily be 40%, especially when you consider raid buffs? I've always done 2 bs stacks and never had an issue with AB or HS not critting.
    3x stacks is a 100% guaranteed crit, and i tried to take into account not everyone wanting to play SC is 10/11 HK.

    And using 3x BS stacks as a baseline on dummy made it simpler for me to parse new design or tweak without having to manually calculate a raid buff correction every time i moved 2 abilities.
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Nooodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    183

    Default

    You are using Alsbeth's focusing orb as something besides an opener before the fight. Further, you are not stacking BS and SF properly. Your thread sucks.
    Last edited by Nooodle; 10-03-2011 at 06:24 AM.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Nice will try these

    Oh andy hi Fraxy

  10. #10
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Cooldown Macro
    Code:
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    use Alsbeth's Focusing Orb
    cast Intensify Elements
    cast Static Discharge
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Hailstorm
    Nuke Macro
    Code:
    #show Lightning Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Lightning Strike
    cast Arctic Blast
    cast Raging Storm
    Hailstorm Macro
    Code:
    #show Hailstorm
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [notactive] Building Storm
    cast [notactive] Static Flux
    cast Hailstorm

    1.5 Raid Rotation: 2 BS, Turret - Parse

    Stats:
    1431 SP (+75 from SC Crystal)
    950 SC (41%)


    Opening Rotation

    SV, 5x PS, 3x TB, (BS), IS

    Repeated Rotation
    ******
    (CD), (SF), LS, HS, IS, AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF)
    CB, LS, 2x CB, IS, TB, CB
    (BS), (SF), LS, AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF), IS, (BS), (SF), HS, (/BS)
    LS, CB, (/SF), 2x CB, TB, IS
    (BS), (SF), LS, AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF), IS, 3x CB, TB

    ******

    -- Macro layout
    ******
    2x CD Macro, IS, AB, RS, (/BS), (/SF)
    CB, LS, 2x CB, IS, TB, CB
    3x Nuke Macro, (/BS), (/SF), IS, HS Macro (/BS)
    LS, CB, (/SF), 2x CB, TB, IS
    3x Nuke Macro, (/BS), (/SF), IS, 3x CB, TB

    ******

    Slightly altered and more polished since OP. Also gotten down to 4x IS refreshes without it being clunky.

    Well, enjoy testing or flaming it.
    Last edited by FraXy; 10-16-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

  11. #11
    Telaran FraXy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56

    Default

    No comments at all to the above post?

    Is it due to a badly structured rotation format,
    or the wrecking chain hanging over the stormcaller tower regarding possible removal of Building Storm?
    Last edited by FraXy; 10-17-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    ---------------
    Taenn - Mage
    "Bow to no one, mortal or divine, for the cosmic secrets are open to all.
    After all, you need no god to show you that the antelope must die for the lion to live."

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts