+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why does it take double the planar attunement points to get spell power for 1H/OH?

Default Why does it take double the planar attunement points to get spell power for 1H/OH?

Anyone else notice this? We do get the same spell power, but we have to get twice the hexes than the staff variant. Seems kind of flawed.
    Last edited by GLopez; 10-02-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

if you have noticed staffs get paired with sword/dagger and totems, now they are not getting those benefits when placing points into them. for example in order to get staff bonuses they will have to go into 2 diff pa trees to get hte staff bonuses, where a mage with 1h/oh can stay in the same tree to get their bonuses

That's a good point, actually. I hadn't considered that.

Still, I think staves have a significant advantage.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

lgw

Yeah, pretty redicolous - especially considering reports on this were filed on PTS.
    Welcome to another Age Of The Staff.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Champion

Boo hoo? relic weapons dagger/offhand outshine staff by a lot; and all the planar attunements with staves have dagger/swords on the same damned tree, so you don't get as many. Infact, theres more Sword/Daggers + Totems over Staves through-out the entire thing so you'll still be getting more SP. Least you can do is pay more for it.

remmeber, you get 1 sp per point in sword/dagger, and I still get 1 sp per poitn in staff, so who's really coming out ahead?
    Last edited by SinisterDeath; 10-03-2011 at 06:21 AM.

I think it should be 2sp for mainhand and 2for offhand. 3 or 4 for staves to compare to what the melee get with theres.

but **** i'll take what I can get....
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    I think it should be 2sp for mainhand and 2for offhand. 3 or 4 for staves to compare to what the melee get with theres.

but **** i'll take what I can get....
    To scale equally as rogs and warrs we need 4sp to mainhand and offhand 8 sp for staves per point mathmatically speaking assuming DEVs comment on 200sp spell stone is indeed = 10 WEAPON DPS oilstone.

lgw

And for those who didn't understand the main complaint of this thread:
    * It takes two stacks in two planes to get your full Staff bonus: 2x 2x 4x 2 SP = 32 SP
    * It takes two stacks in two planes to get your full Totem bonus, and then again two stacks in two plains to get your full Dagger/Sword bonus: 2x 2x 4x 1 SP + 2x 2x 4x 1 SP = 32 SP
    => MH/OH have to pay twice as much to get the same benefit, for no good reason. Please fix that !

Plus, on top of all that: Melee 2h > Melee 1h > Ranged > Caster 2h > Caster 1h bonuses, which is fricking stupid.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    And for those who didn't understand the main complaint of this thread:
    * It takes two stacks in two planes to get your full Staff bonus: 2x 2x 4x 2 SP = 32 SP
    * It takes two stacks in two planes to get your full Totem bonus, and then again two stacks in two plains to get your full Dagger/Sword bonus: 2x 2x 4x 1 SP + 2x 2x 4x 1 SP = 32 SP
    => MH/OH have to pay twice as much to get the same benefit, for no good reason. Please fix that !

Plus, on top of all that: Melee 2h > Melee 1h > Ranged > Caster 2h > Caster 1h bonuses, which is fricking stupid.
    Youve been a mage awhile how are you still surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    ...for a class that thrives on intellect...

Melee 2h gets 0.2 DPS per point, melee 1h gets 0.2 DPS per point. If anything we'd lose DPS using a 2h >.> Possibly... we don't know exactly how they're working yet, because they don't work.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread