+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Endgame Mage solo spec

Telaran

Default Endgame Mage solo spec

Hey there!

Currently levelling my rogue, while my 50 mage is sitting on some stairs in sanctum, bored, depressed, and spec-less.
    Which is bad, right??

So, anyone know of any doable solo specs for mages? That can handle grinding in, for example, Stillmoor, for rep and whatnot.

I am using lock 33/chloro 28/AM 5 for grinding and openworld pvp.

I am using a necrolock spec for leveling, grinding, etc. Its 45 warlock, 16 necro, and 5 Archmage

Necrolock

Telaran

I use necro / lock for soloing, goin over necro for grand summoning and pet HP buff then full lock on the rest. Having soul purge is a bless imho. Grave rot+devouring shadows/ mortality is awesome for large packs farm.

For one on one elites, dominator+stormcaller works wonders. Most npcs, even elites, can be slowed and transmorphed, meaning you can easily kite them in a short space. ( i.e : endless saga quest : darkblade, the abomination is easily ping ponged on the balcony.)

Others use a chloro based specc like mentioned above, its a matter of choice i guess.

Default Elemental/Chloro

I got used to leveling my Mage as an Elemental/Chloro, so I've kept that build as my solo build. I ended up with this:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...IoRgkAtz.xdIzo

I went 16 in Chloro to get Nature's Touch which gives your Greater Earth Elemental a good heal with LBV. I've solo'd the Lv50 elite golems outside of the castle near Zareph's Return while half my gear was blue or green.

A basic 36 Chloro / 30 Lock spec does well for me, I use it to solo those ridiculously easy chronicles. Though for world grinding and possible PvP encounters you should have 5 points in Archmage, possibly something like this?

Ascendant

I just use my 38 lock 28 necro spec.

I like my 51Necro build for solo play. Lots of self and pet healing, good dots, good tanking pet and good melee dps pet depending on what you're fighting. Haven't used the caster pet so not sure how much dmg it does. I know with the right dots/debuffs on a mob, that rogue pet can hit like a truck.

This is what I use.....I think there's several good builds, just depends on your playstyle more than anything.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zwvq.EtftAtkus.xx.V

+ Reply to Thread