+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bluedot
  • 2 Post By Cripster

Thread: Pyro lvling good in 1.5?

Soulwalker

Default Pyro lvling good in 1.5?

LVL 38 and I like necro/lock for lvling but wanted to try something new. I have tried elem/SC and its meh. is Pyro good for lvling yet? if so anyone have good builds?
    Last edited by Cripster; 10-01-2011 at 06:57 PM.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cripster View Post
    LVL 38 and I like necro/lock for lvling but wanted to try something new. I have tried elem/SC and its meh. is Pyro good for lvling yet? if so anyone have good builds?
    I may not be the best person to answer. But i have been running a 14/chloro/44pyro/8archon for rifts and the occasional gank and its amazing. I go around 3 or 2 shotting every mob. Its by far the fastest and pretty good survive ability from bloom if the mob makes it me and for elites. But im t2 geared with a mix of p7 pvp gear so it may not be that good at your level. But you should try it you would prob go 5arch/xxpyro/10chloro.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

You won't have any major problems leveling as Pyro. Pyro/Ele with the Earth Elemental to tank would probably be the best. Something along these lines: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIqz.echczh.Vthz0xoA
    Just spam Fireball, throw Ignite or Flame Bolt in to finish off targets.

Just remember you are squishy, and have no way to heal yourself. That won't be a problem on melee mobs as they will die before they reach you, but on ranged mobs let your Elemental tank the damage.
    You can take Sacrifice (Heals you by killing your pet), but using that kills your tank.

I'd argue that Necro/Lock would be more efficient, but if you aren't racing to 50 then go with what is more fun.

pro

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    You won't have any major problems leveling as Pyro. Pyro/Ele with the Earth Elemental to tank would probably be the best. Something along these lines: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1zIqz.echczh.Vthz0xoA
    Just spam Fireball, throw Ignite or Flame Bolt in to finish off targets.

Just remember you are squishy, and have no way to heal yourself. That won't be a problem on melee mobs as they will die before they reach you, but on ranged mobs let your Elemental tank the damage.
    You can take Sacrifice (Heals you by killing your pet), but using that kills your tank.

I'd argue that Necro/Lock would be more efficient, but if you aren't racing to 50 then go with what is more fun.
    If he is leveling its better to not have a pet. Pets are nice but all ways end up more lf a hassel than they are worth. Also ele is worthless past the 2nd tier for leveling. The earth pet cant hold aggro at all. I could go on, on why not to use this build. With my spec he wont be squishy due to the shields and heals he is getting and that if they even make it to him.

Soulwalker

I will try it out. Thanks for the input

Also i do agree nec/lock is Fast...and yes pets can be a hassle because half the time they are pulling more than i would just out by myself.

Iri
    Champion

Wow, really?

Okay.

1. Yes, you can level as pyro. There is no soul with which you absolutely cannot level. I leveled using everything from Dom to Pyro to pure Ele. (I'm a believer that the more souls you test while leveling, the better your play and understanding of your class is at level cap.) Lock/Ele, followed by Necro/Lock, are fastest and safest, because at lower levels talent synergies just do not matter as much as "Can I get hp/mana back without drinking, cc problem mobs, and stay alive while I run away if necessary", but if you're not concerned about speed, you can level with anything in the game... it just may require more careful play to level using pure pyro than most other things.

2. Why in the world are you asking this on the forums? It's leveling. Make a spec and go find out. When you're doing group activities like T2s or raiding, you need to know in advance if the spec is good so that you don't waste other people's time and plat with your experimentation. When leveling, this is absolutely not the case... you are free to try whatever spec you feel like using. It's not like you'll hinder anyone except yourself if you pick a spec that's absolutely crap.
    Last edited by Iri; 10-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Iri View Post
    Wow, really?

Okay.

1. Yes, you can level as pyro. There is no soul with which you absolutely cannot level. I leveled using everything from Dom to Pyro to pure Ele. (I'm a believer that the more souls you test while leveling, the better your play and understanding of your class is at level cap.) Lock/Ele, followed by Necro/Lock, are fastest and safest, because at lower levels talent synergies just do not matter as much as "Can I get hp/mana back without drinking, cc problem mobs, and stay alive while I run away if necessary", but if you're not concerned about speed, you can level with anything in the game... it just may require more careful play to level using pure pyro than most other things.

2. Why in the world are you asking this on the forums? It's leveling. Make a spec and go find out. When you're doing group activities like T2s or raiding, you need to know in advance if the spec is good so that you don't waste other people's time and plat with your experimentation. When leveling, this is absolutely not the case... you are free to try whatever spec you feel like using. It's not like you'll hinder anyone except yourself if you pick a spec that's absolutely crap.
    Wow Really?

Why play a community game and not use the community to get ideas? I mean why not go play a RPG that is single player and do it there????

I came here to ask a Question and i got some good ideas. Now if i choose to use any of the ideas from people is my choice. I will test out Pyro I may or may not use Elem is the other spec. Dom is a good choice for the third for CC....but seriously....why have forums about a class if people cannot come here to ask Questions about the class? Or is it only for Raiding and complaining about how broke a soul spec is? I personally think there needs to be more leveling guides because the amount of choices is so overwhelming some people will just give up on a class or the game when they get frustrated and cannot find any help.

Don't feed the trolls.
    Your new world order will lead to none at all.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Magetron View Post
    Don't feed the trolls.

Yah you are right....couldnt help myself.

I will say that Elem/Pyro is very fun to play but man you die fast. I am really thinking of putting some points in Chloro just to have some heals.

Soulwalker

Pyro/Chloro is definitely efficient at single-target killing without having to rest (radiant spores + withering vine then fireball away, Lifebloom if you get into trouble and need an extra heal).

The problem is that it doesn't handle adds as well because it lacks the massive self-healing ability of Soul Purge from the Necromancer soul. You will die more often. After trying Pyro/Chloro, I went back to Necromancer.

But pyro is better for low-level PVP. With heatwave then spamming fireball, you can at least take someone out and feel good about yourself. Everything else I tried in PVP I didn't feel very useful, including Dominator.

Quote Originally Posted by Cripster View Post
    It's just "ok". Once I tasted lock/necro/chloro with it's infinite mana and non-stop AoE capability, I couldn't take having to stop to drink occasionally (or channeling). At higher gear levels, you turn into a nasty, nasty grind beast (e.g. you can mow down the Mathosian elite patrol in Stillmoor faster than probably any other build and come out with 100% health)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    It's just "ok". Once I tasted lock/necro/chloro with it's infinite mana and non-stop AoE capability, I couldn't take having to stop to drink occasionally (or channeling). At higher gear levels, you turn into a nasty, nasty grind beast (e.g. you can mow down the Mathosian elite patrol in Stillmoor faster than probably any other build and come out with 100% health)
    Yah Necro/Lock is by far the best....and I did get some pvp in last night and went 2 rounds without a single death was a lot of fun. I will keep the pyro for pvp and for randoms.

Thanks all for the input.

Iri
    Champion

Huh... first time in a while I've been referred to as a troll. Fortunately, the quality of my statements doesn't depend on the opinion of someone on the Internet... I maintain that these facts are true, regardless of how you choose to take them.

1. You can level with anything... some ways are just harder.

2. Leveling is the best time to experiment with different souls for yourself. You don't learn as much about your class if you run cookie cutter specs through to the level cap... you'll be trying to enter group content with no idea of what your other souls have to offer. So if you want to find out if something works for leveling, do it yourself.

+ Reply to Thread