+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone notice the diffrence

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default Anyone notice the diffrence

    Mage Attunement System, 1 SP with staffs/swords etc,
    Warriors/Rogues Attunement system, 0.8 DPS with weapons per point

    ... how is that comparable to the DPS increase Rogues and warriors can get out of their tree´s with up to 3.2 extra dps on their weapons?

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    I noticed that. warriors and rogues scale much better.
    Assuming 5 dps weapon stone is on par as 200sp powerstone.

    1 dps would be 40sp
    .2 dps would be 8sp.

    so rogues and warriors will scale 800% more compare to mages and mages.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    exactly... gee trion just sure does love bending mages over...

  4. #4
    RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicalConvicted View Post
    Mage Attunement System, 1 SP with staffs/swords etc,
    Warriors/Rogues Attunement system, 0.8 DPS with weapons per point

    ... how is that comparable to the DPS increase Rogues and warriors can get out of their tree´s with up to 3.2 extra dps on their weapons?
    The Attunment system for Mages gives 2 SP per point for the weapon specific augments. Like 2 Sp when using a staff. So we are comparing 2 SP to .8 weapon DPS.

    2 SP would give Fireball .8 damage (40% coefficient) and has a 2 second cast time so .4 DPS.

    It looks bad, but keep in mind there is more to Fireball, it has a chance to Combust and additional crit chance. Both mechanics scale with SP.

    I'm not saying it is perfectly balanced, to be honest I don't know because I don't know how warrior/rogue weapon DPS translates into real DPS. My point is, there is more to it then .8 DPS > 2 SP.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    The Attunment system for Mages gives 2 SP per point for the weapon specific augments. Like 2 Sp when using a staff. So we are comparing 2 SP to .8 weapon DPS.

    2 SP would give Fireball .8 damage (40% coefficient) and has a 2 second cast time so .4 DPS.

    It looks bad, but keep in mind there is more to Fireball, it has a chance to Combust and additional crit chance. Both mechanics scale with SP.

    I'm not saying it is perfectly balanced, to be honest I don't know because I don't know how warrior/rogue weapon DPS translates into real DPS. My point is, there is more to it then .8 DPS > 2 SP.
    Not that hard to figure out.

    T3 DPS = 33.4
    T4 DPS =44.8 or about.
    T3 SP 496
    T4 SP 667

    Both increases are ~ 1.34 ratio for T4/T3.

    For ratio of T3 SP:T3 DPS and T4 SP:T4 DPS:

    T3: 14.85
    T4: 14.89

    For ratio of planar attunement I combed through what I could find by googling and could find no reference past or presence to DPS upgrade and only to attack power. So if you can post where you saw this .2-->.8 DPS upgrade I'm sure a comparison could be made. But for now it's mostly AP vs SP. But if you are looking for numbers those are some quick ratios you could expect.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    148

    Default

    warriors and rogues can spec so they get AP while using a bow... otherwise EVRY skillpoint in their weapon attunement gives them 0.8 added DPS while using that weapon so if it has 4 stacks thats 3.2 increased Weapon DPS

  7. #7
    Plane Walker GLopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Warriors have mechanics like that too, Bluedot.

    It's a problem. The spell power we get should be raised by a substantial amount.
    Last edited by GLopez; 10-01-2011 at 08:17 PM.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

  8. #8
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicalConvicted View Post
    warriors and rogues can spec so they get AP while using a bow... otherwise EVRY skillpoint in their weapon attunement gives them 0.8 added DPS while using that weapon so if it has 4 stacks thats 3.2 increased Weapon DPS
    0.2 DPS per point. Just wanted to clarify <3 and .2 DPS is the equivalent of 2AP Also keep in mind that you get double the DPS from SP that rogues and warriors get from AP (200sp = 40.0DPS and 200AP = 20.0DPS)

    Hope this helps.

    **just logged back in to confirm. 0.2 DPS per point, 4 pts = 0.8 DPS total which is equal to 8AP

    **adding, ranged weapon attunment adds 1AP per point (0.1 DPS)
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 10-01-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Zaiana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonicalConvicted View Post
    warriors and rogues can spec so they get AP while using a bow... otherwise EVRY skillpoint in their weapon attunement gives them 0.8 added DPS while using that weapon so if it has 4 stacks thats 3.2 increased Weapon DPS
    What nonsense is this? We get 0.2 weapon dps/point, so 0.8 from a 4/4 node, max of 2 nodes /element in tier 1.

    And it doesn't even work >.<

    Have any of you mages tested and confirmed your SP bonus is working? (I have no idea how plausible this is to do for you)
    Last edited by Zaiana; 10-01-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaiana View Post
    What nonsense is this? We get 0.2 weapon dps/point, so 0.8 from a 4/4 node, max of 2 nodes /element in tier 1.

    And it doesn't even work >.<

    Have any of you mages tested and confirmed your SP bonus is working? (I have no idea how plausible this is to do for you)
    1 raw dps on any weapon will easily outtake 10sp.

    Dps to SP seems to be again 5 to 200.
    According to the math used weaponstone vs powerstone. (DEV commented when they released +200sp powerstone... 200sp will offer the same enhancement as the 5dps weapon stone).

    So per node at 4/4 you get 0.8dps on the weapon which is 32sp worth. Mages/clerics are currently getting 1/8 of the dps increase rate of rogues and warriors assuming the increased dps DOES work.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    oif ur right....that sux

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Citnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    i knew it, theres again some fotm (flavor of trion members) class patches around!
    Right now I feel desperate playing my mage... All classes getting nice patches, but mages >_< I've never played another class but i wont barely do it. But again Trion made it simple! I heard some rumors, Trion will remove the Mage class of the game, and all mages can change their class to any other class.
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Vigour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Citnes View Post
    i knew it, theres again some fotm (flavor of trion members) class patches around!
    Right now I feel desperate playing my mage... All classes getting nice patches, but mages >_< I've never played another class but i wont barely do it. But again Trion made it simple! I heard some rumors, Trion will remove the Mage class of the game, and all mages can change their class to any other class.

    English please? Anyways if you really think that... wow... lol your funneh.

    BTW Mages can compete in DPS on bosses against warriors. Just Sayin
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^



  14. #14
    Plane Touched Citnes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigour View Post
    BTW Mages can compete in DPS on bosses against warriors. Just Sayin
    O'RLY!? u're rly smart, since u add the AoE DMG to ST DMG and thinking a mage can do as much dps as a warrior. If u need to move, your dps will fall, just so u know. But if u think so, i must be the best dps class since i have to kill the crabs on garau and pulling over 3k dps. WOW 3k DPS MAGE
    BlackOut - Shard: Brutwacht 10/10 HK

  15. #15
    Ascendant Bloodbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    1 raw dps on any weapon will easily outtake 10sp.

    Dps to SP seems to be again 5 to 200.
    According to the math used weaponstone vs powerstone. (DEV commented when they released +200sp powerstone... 200sp will offer the same enhancement as the 5dps weapon stone).

    So per node at 4/4 you get 0.8dps on the weapon which is 32sp worth. Mages/clerics are currently getting 1/8 of the dps increase rate of rogues and warriors assuming the increased dps DOES work.
    Um... You're looking at it wrong, weaponstones give 5DPS each (total of 10DPS) which some say, is ROUGHLY equivalent of 200 SP (10 DPS = 100 AP) I promise you, this is a miniscule bonus for both of us. Enjoy your 1500+ spell power that gives you 300 DPS while we sit at just under 1k AP which gives less than 100 DPS.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts