+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Necromancers are extra fast?

Soulwalker

Default Necromancers are extra fast?

I'm not saying this needs to be balanced but.... Anyone else noticed that necromancers seems to level noticeably faster than every other mage soul? I tried a few different ones and always just ended up feeling like a gimped necro. I'm a new player so these observations have all occurred while leveling. (im 30 now)

Quote Originally Posted by Quazik View Post
    I'm not saying this needs to be balanced but.... Anyone else noticed that necromancers seems to level noticeably faster than every other mage soul? I tried a few different ones and always just ended up feeling like a gimped necro. I'm a new player so these observations have all occurred while leveling. (im 30 now)
    Chloromancer is actually the best for leveling. Chloromancers can get quicker dungeon ques as a healer and the LFG give great XP for leveling. You should have at least two builds fo leveling a mage, DPS and heals.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 10-01-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Also for questing elementalist is probably better. The earth tank is a much better tank then the necro one. With earth you can just pile a bunch of mobs on it then aoe them all down at once. You can do that with the necro tank but the earth tank can handle more mobs at once, allowing you to kill larger groups of mobs at a time.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 10-01-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Chloromancer is actually the best for leveling. Chloromancers can get quicker dungeon ques as a healer and the LFG give great XP for leveling. You should have at least two builds fo leveling a mage, DPS and heals.
    Well that brings up a different issue then... Doesn't that make most of the mage souls pointless?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Quazik View Post
    its the easier build for solo leveling that mage get, still its not up to par with cleric's duracell and the new, improved rogue cuisinart (dunno what warrior gets, never leveled a warrior over lvl 20 for now)
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Soulwalker

Gee thanks for giving me a cookie-cutter build for all three classes! (from what I can tell, warriors are **** useless)

Ascendant

cookies are good!
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Sword of Telara

Something has to be the best at performing a certain role, most of us have used necro to level then dumped it for better dps/heals + pvp builds at 50. I dont look at it like the rest of the souls suck for levelling, just that necro is incredibly good.

edit: once you hit ~30 and up you can go chlorolock and pull a bunch of crap, spread dots, heal, devouring shadows x99999 and level pretty fast
    Last edited by Corebot; 10-01-2011 at 11:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread