+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: [Mage comment] Some of our abilities need to be adjusted

  1. #1
    Ygg
    Ygg is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default [Mage comment] Some of our abilities need to be adjusted

    Hi, I play a P8 mage as a main since the start of the the game, I think some of our abilities need to be "nerfed" because are too powerful with P8 stuff.


    1) Devoring Shadows : Spamming with stopcasting macro results in AOE burst at 2x2000+ on high valor people. I think our heavy AOE spec is Storm who trade survival tools for high AOE burst damage and the AOE potency of 51 WL should not overshadow the Storm spec.

    => Proposed : As for Soul Purge, add a 1 sec delay between beginning of channeling and damage. Thus, moderate AOE is conserved, but no more double tap


    2) Soul Purge : spamming should not be possible. This skill does high damage, heals the mage & his pet and requires little charge.

    => Proposed I think a 10 sec CD or maybe a charge consumption increase should make it more "on par" with other callings similar abilities



    3) Reflective Presence : Does not reflect AOE (PBAOE, on ground target ...)
    This was possible earlier in the game (1.1 ?) and I didn't find any dev comment on that.
    I think this spell should reflect (with a 75% chance when improved) all magical spells, even AOE ones. It would give the Dom a good support role in WF like Scion, where AOE shines.

    Proposed : Make RP works on AOE, but increase the CD as well, 1.5min CD shoud be good.


    I posted because I love my mage, and there are good gameplay possibilities : I don't want a mage to be good because it's spells are OP but because he know what he does and when to do it.

    Feel free to discuss/comment
    Last edited by Ygg; 09-30-2011 at 03:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    No.


    /thread.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Those DS and SP changes completely ruin Necrolock for PvE.
    No, so much no.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 09-30-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Nope.

  4. #4
    Rift Master A Mage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    692

    Default

    NO. Nerf rogues not mages. -_-

    $15 says he's not a mage.
    Last edited by A Mage; 09-30-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    Hi, I play a P8 mage as a main since the start of the the game, I think some of our abilities need to be "nerfed" because are too powerful with P8 stuff.


    1) Devoring Shadows : Spamming with stopcasting macro results in AOE burst at 2x2000+ on high valor people. I think our heavy AOE spec is Storm who trade survival tools for high AOE burst damage and the AOE potency of 51 WL should not overshadow the Storm spec.

    => Proposed : As for Soul Purge, add a 1 sec delay between beginning of channeling and damage. Thus, moderate AOE is conserved, but no more double tap


    2) Soul Purge : spamming should not be possible. This skill does high damage, heals the mage & his pet and requires little charge.

    => Proposed I think a 10 sec CD or maybe a charge consumption increase should make it more "on par" with other callings similar abilities



    3) Reflective Presence : Does not reflect AOE (PBAOE, on ground target ...)
    This was possible earlier in the game (1.1 ?) and I didn't find any dev comment on that.
    I think this spell should reflect (with a 75% chance when improved) all magical spells, even AOE ones. It would give the Dom a good support role in WF like Scion, where AOE shines.

    Proposed : Make RP works on AOE, but increase the CD as well, 1.5min CD shoud be good.


    I posted because I love my mage, and there are good gameplay possibilities : I don't want a mage to be good because it's spells are OP but because he know what he does and when to do it.

    Feel free to discuss/comment
    1. I tend to agree w/ this. I do believe this will eventually get a nerf. IMO, I would rather see them make ED purgeable instead though. You can retain the damage, but a smart, well speced opponent can counter a warlock.

    2. At 50, SP does not seem OP at all. It was very good pre 50 though. I do not think a change is needed.

    3. I play a Dom, and do not like that RP does nothing against AoE. With that said, it would make RP OP. Imagine an AoE that hits for 1,000 hits 5 people w/ the base 60% reflect. The caster will have just done 3,000 points to himself, and 1,000 to two others on average. RP would be required in WFs, and AoE would become too dangerous to use.
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    $15 says he's not a mage.
    /10char+ok

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    when you say you play mage you are lying, plain and simple.
    stop trying to nerf mage, they need improvement.
    lets remove all pvp nerfs from pyro, they are outdated - deadeye hits for more than cinderburst.
    Last edited by Ruizo; 09-30-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    256

    Default Dominator

    Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    Hi, I play a P8 mage as a main since the start of the the game, I think some of our abilities need to be "nerfed" because are too powerful with P8 stuff.


    1) Devoring Shadows : Spamming with stopcasting macro results in AOE burst at 2x2000+ on high valor people. I think our heavy AOE spec is Storm who trade survival tools for high AOE burst damage and the AOE potency of 51 WL should not overshadow the Storm spec.

    => Proposed : As for Soul Purge, add a 1 sec delay between beginning of channeling and damage. Thus, moderate AOE is conserved, but no more double tap


    2) Soul Purge : spamming should not be possible. This skill does high damage, heals the mage & his pet and requires little charge.

    => Proposed I think a 10 sec CD or maybe a charge consumption increase should make it more "on par" with other callings similar abilities



    3) Reflective Presence : Does not reflect AOE (PBAOE, on ground target ...)
    This was possible earlier in the game (1.1 ?) and I didn't find any dev comment on that.
    I think this spell should reflect (with a 75% chance when improved) all magical spells, even AOE ones. It would give the Dom a good support role in WF like Scion, where AOE shines.

    Proposed : Make RP works on AOE, but increase the CD as well, 1.5min CD shoud be good.


    I posted because I love my mage, and there are good gameplay possibilities : I don't want a mage to be good because it's spells are OP but because he know what he does and when to do it.

    Feel free to discuss/comment
    All Hail the Hypno Toad!

    1) Put a 5 sec CD on DS. It would not change much/anything in Real World PvP.

    2) No

    3) No no no no, absolutely not.

    Why Would you want to nerf Mages, is Beyond me! Right now, we got only a few and not really that amazing Soul Build who are Viable for PvP. Trion just gave a 10% Damage Nerf to Pyromancers. And now you want to Gimp Necromancer and Dominator.


    Regards

    Acererak
    Last edited by Acererak; 09-30-2011 at 11:51 PM.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara Ramea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    802

    Default

    stopcasting aoe is very very mana intensive, so I dont see the problem.
    It is still under the burst of cabalists for instance.

    GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

  10. #10
    Ygg
    Ygg is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    To make it clear : i like my mage, I really do.
    I try to make angles smoother because as Trion listens to QQ, DS double tap is in the spotlight right now and if they nerf it, it going to be as always : mega-nerf with an axe, like they did and still do with the Pyro. I find rogues OP right now, but I want to play a "balanced" game, not shining because I'm a 51 WL who can spam DS under EP


    Pyro : need to have it's +15% dmg with glyph back, even it's a permanent buff now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wintervoid View Post
    3. I play a Dom, and do not like that RP does nothing against AoE. With that said, it would make RP OP. Imagine an AoE that hits for 1,000 hits 5 people w/ the base 60% reflect. The caster will have just done 3,000 points to himself, and 1,000 to two others on average. RP would be required in WFs, and AoE would become too dangerous to use.
    Yep, RP would be too OP, i just didn't figure it out when I posted. But what if AOE damage are only reflected for the target of RP ? (I always place it on mylself, easier to monitor)
    Oh and transference nerf is a joke, melee laughing at me when i use it now, that's why I mostly use it against mage, to burn their charge....


    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Those DS and SP changes completely ruin Necrolock for PvE.
    No, so much no.
    I do little PVE, but if a small CD on SP is going to ruin your Necro/Lock rotation, I assume you almost spam it, which is a bad choice....I used SP only when my dots remaining time was more then 8 sec, and when I had enough charge. A 5 sec or 10 sec CD would'nt ruin anything for me.

  11. #11
    Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    I do little PVE, but if a small CD on SP is going to ruin your Necro/Lock rotation, I assume you almost spam it, which is a bad choice....I used SP only when my dots remaining time was more then 8 sec, and when I had enough charge. A 5 sec or 10 sec CD would'nt ruin anything for me.
    Just because you hardly PvE is no reason to nerf a major ability for us. It's not like you enter a fight and immediately hit Soul Purge. There are a number of other spells you need to hit to get enough charges to use SP. I've been in many fights lately in Stillmoor during mass invasions where, by the time I have hit enough spells to get a full charge, the target dies because of the amount of damage melee does.

    Please confine your suggestions to PvP and make sure it doesn't impact PvE. Or do you really think a 10 sec CD on SP in PvP wouldn't impact PvE?

  12. #12
    Ygg
    Ygg is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    Just because you hardly PvE is no reason to nerf a major ability for us. It's not like you enter a fight and immediately hit Soul Purge. There are a number of other spells you need to hit to get enough charges to use SP. I've been in many fights lately in Stillmoor during mass invasions where, by the time I have hit enough spells to get a full charge, the target dies because of the amount of damage melee does.

    Please confine your suggestions to PvP and make sure it doesn't impact PvE. Or do you really think a 10 sec CD on SP in PvP wouldn't impact PvE?
    How I'm going to be sure it doesn't impact PVE ? I only want a PVP balance, if SP is considered OK by a majority, fine for me.

    But I still feel that DS spam is really OP in PVP, and need to be toned down.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    How about nerfing the overpowered PVP gear instead? How about making PVP more skill based? That way it does not screw over all mages. PVP in this game is a joke as it is because of gear, it needs to be sorted sooner or later so why not start now and leave us who also enjoy PVE alone?
    Last edited by Zartanic; 10-01-2011 at 05:40 PM.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wintervoid View Post
    1. I tend to agree w/ this. I do believe this will eventually get a nerf. IMO, I would rather see them make ED purgeable instead though. You can retain the damage, but a smart, well speced opponent can counter a warlock.[/quote[

    easy solution to making SC AoE better than necrolocks DS from stop casting is simply to buff SC AoE's instead of nerfing necro lock.

    As it is, to get the highest dmg possible from SC is to play 'perfectly' no errors, and using an insanely long rotation based on priority.
    3. I play a Dom, and do not like that RP does nothing against AoE. With that said, it would make RP OP. Imagine an AoE that hits for 1,000 hits 5 people w/ the base 60% reflect. The caster will have just done 3,000 points to himself, and 1,000 to two others on average. RP would be required in WFs, and AoE would become too dangerous to use.[/QUOTE]

    Again, another easy fix.
    Simply make it that Reflective Presence can reflect any spell. However AoE dmg can only either.
    A) reflect back at the original caster from one of the people hit.
    0 - Meaning, that if 10 of yoru guys are caught in the blast, instead of 10 reflecting 1k(10) back at the original caster, it could either a)only one of those hit can reflect back at the original caster. or b) splits the dmg based upon those hit, so if its 1k dmg, only 1/10 of 1k reflected back per person. (So 10 people aoe's reflect back at 1/10th the original dmg, and aoes that hit for upto 3 or 5, only return 1/3 or 1/5th the dmg back at the original caster.

    or
    B) Lets take forked lightning as an example, and this is the kind I think RP should only reflect, and not placeables, and I much perfer this one over the other.
    Simply put, Forked lightning works... well like a typical chain lightning spell.
    hits 1 guy, splits in 2, hits 2 guys, splits in 2 again, ect. (kinda, being it hits the main guy once, and hits 4? more people for a % of the original dmg.)

    IMO RP should reflect that initial blast back at the original caster, and since it couldn't split from you, and hit yoru allies, it hits the original caster, and splits off him, onto his enemies, thusly it truelly reflected the chain lightning.

    Any AoE that has an initial Target should reflect in this manner IMO, thus it never actually hits the rest of your team, it has to 'hit' you first before 'branching out' and since that is reflected, it 'branches' off the original caster.
    But this would mean some backend changes on how those chain-type AoE's work. Since most simply hit the original target and all those around it at the same time...

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    I do little PVE, but if a small CD on SP is going to ruin your Necro/Lock rotation, I assume you almost spam it, which is a bad choice....I used SP only when my dots remaining time was more then 8 sec, and when I had enough charge. A 5 sec or 10 sec CD would'nt ruin anything for me.
    Yes, you clearly dont PVE if you think a 10 second cooldown wouldn't affect it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts