+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the PvP since 1.5 hit?

Champion of Telara

Default Anyone tried the PvP since 1.5 hit?

I just wanted to find out if people have a feel of how things are going. I haven't stepped in due to fear of the new rogue changes (I play a squishy.... ie. no chloro or lock). I see the wars whining away, but haven't really seen any comments for mages.

Telaran

Well, I noticed a couple of things:

1) You can't wander around alone anymore, especially in the codex : even after a death, if I tried to go back to my group solo, I was killed by some assassin that stunned me and did't let me anything to do other than wait to respawn ( my break free is almost always on cd ) ... and I'm a r7 lock with 7.2k hp and 1064 valor
    2) You'll see rogues on the top of the charts with mages and clerics, even in wf where there is a lot of aoe.

Rift Disciple

I was doing Pvp yesterday with a r6 Clorolock (well, a 44w/12c) mostly in Black Garden/Codex, im sorry but i didnt test any non clorolock build.

The only relevant changes are the ranged rogue ones as you said, now they hit like a truck (i think that its a good change, now they aren't free rep), with rogues in melee i've the same problems as usual (very few normally).

With the rogues and a weak build you will have some problems and hope you have a good healing on your side because they have the range and now the dps to trouble you, but i have a lot more problems with clerics decays spam that with rogues ranged spam.

The warriors cry its due three things, first now rogues are not free rep for them, they are not only the ones that could spam healing debuffs and as they also lose the guild on-kill heal they are now down to mortal grounds, we take warriors very fast as they try to charge the group with a rogue debuffling them (44 Marksman + heal debuff) and then with Aoe's/burst dps.

Rift Disciple

I play a Chloro/Dom. Basically, WFs have run about the same for me.

MMs were a pain before, now they are deadly. They are the one build I will actively avoid. I just figure that every class has its weakness, and MM is Chloro/Dom's.

I also used to have trouble w/ good assassins in OPVP, and expected to just get destroyed w/ their improvements. I have been jumped a few times, and I am actually doing better then I used to. I am pretty sure this has more to do w/ people trying out 50 Sins w/o the gear/skill to be deadly with them, and not anything to do w/ the new class skills/upgrades. I am still expecting to get destroyed by the good Sins.

I have seen a few rogues that are pretty hard to kill, even w/ multiple people on them. Pretty sure at least one was a NB that was tough due to FellBlades and Twilight Transcendence/Blackout though. Seems like they are the Warlock of Rogues now w/o the devouring shadows.
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

If I hadn't heard all about the HUGE rogue buffs, I wouldn't have noticed that rogues got a buff.

Shadowlander

If anything this patch was a referendum on non-cookie cut mage builds. Pyro took a 10% damage nerf in PVP. On top of which, every interesting build that doesn't have a lot of survivability (Stormcaller, Pyromancer) is at an even bigger disadvantage.

I find myself ditching my pyromancer spec to go my soul-purging warlock spec mid-warfront a hell of a lot more often now. I just can't stay alive - and if you can't stay alive, you can't deal any damage. The more I have to flicker and use burning shield and stun, the less I'm casting fireball or other spells.
    Last edited by Korzu; 09-29-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korzu View Post
    If anything this patch was a referendum on non-cookie cut mage builds. Pyro took a 10% damage nerf in PVP. On top of which, every interesting build that doesn't have a lot of survivability (Stormcaller, Pyromancer) is at an even bigger disadvantage.

I find myself ditching my pyromancer spec to go my soul-purging warlock spec mid-warfront a hell of a lot more often now. I just can't stay alive - and if you can't stay alive, you can't deal any damage. The more I have to flicker and use burning shield and stun, the less I'm casting fireball or other spells.
    I found this too, before 1.5 landed I'd run Pyro/Dom and did pretty well now with all the rogues around I find that I have to run my 44 Lock / 14 AM spec for survivability, Mass Fear gives me a chance against sins and Neddra's Essence gives me a chance to "try" and scare off MM's or burst them down before they get me.

Good MM's before 1.5 would kill me, now their burst is insane and I'm under 50% health before I can even react, eradicate NEEDS a cooldown.

Basically I am having to play completely defensively and stay at max range and as far away from MM's as I can, to be honest we are lucky Warlock is such a good soul for PvP or we would be in trouble.

Banned

51 Pyro, still blows people up.
    Chloro/lock, find your cleanse button (nothing new if you were attentive to begin with).
    Dom/Chloro, Same as previous.
    Haven't played my lock/necro or necro/lock specs since the patch.

Ascendant

I'm still doing quite well as chloro/lock. There are less heals now, I'd like to go dps but just can't. As an r8 chloro/lock I still own them all 1v1 or stalemate / mana fight (heal cleric). The toughest challenge are other mages still. Rogues got buffed big time though, now it's a fun fight.

Something is wrong with the rogue vampiric munition or fell blades. Something is stacking where it shouldn't.
    Last edited by ururu; 09-30-2011 at 06:46 AM.

51 Warlock still dominates. We just have to focus down those rogues as quickly as possible.
    Payneful..... Mage, Rank 8, <Reckless> @Deepstrike
    Payne... Rogue, Rank 6

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    If I hadn't heard all about the HUGE rogue buffs, I wouldn't have noticed that rogues got a buff.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    I healed a NB to full when I popped shadow life. So I had to fear him off me and kill him the hard way...

MMs are doing well at stealing heals. I expect nerfs (I tried it on my rogue, AE heal-stealing: it's OP).

Bards are a bit more beefy sense they can't get their health buffs (the RS ones) stripped, and are running around with a bit more mitigation.

To be honest the biggest thing I noticed was the Bloodthirsty nerf.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Soulwalker

pvp is a waste of time, you need at leaste 500+playing hours to get out of pristige 5

20played days

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hethroin View Post
    I healed a NB to full when I popped shadow life. So I had to fear him off me and kill him the hard way...

MMs are doing well at stealing heals. I expect nerfs (I tried it on my rogue, AE heal-stealing: it's OP).

Bards are a bit more beefy sense they can't get their health buffs (the RS ones) stripped, and are running around with a bit more mitigation.

To be honest the biggest thing I noticed was the Bloodthirsty nerf.
    Yeah, I think I haven't noticed so much mainly because I don't play healing specs in PVP ever. Someone said this patch was a referendum on non cookie cutter specs.... I think it's a referendum on unkillable chloros.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Starched View Post
    pvp is a waste of time, you need at leaste 500+playing hours to get out of pristige 5

20played days

No thanks
    Prestige/Favor/XP vial + new Warfront = 70k Prestige, 90k Favor and 1.5million XP in 2hrs.

Om nom nom I say! Be rank 5 before the day is over, rank 6 by Sunday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast