+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My 1.5 Lichlock - Build and Rotation

Default My 1.5 Lichlock - Build and Rotation

Let me go over my Lich Form Necrolock. This is what I am finding to be the best for me since 1.5. Obviously we haven't had much time to digest everything 1.5 has changed for Mages just yet but this is what I feel to be the best single target raiding DPS for a Lich Form Necrolock. It also has some pretty competitive AoE damage for trash and some survivability/utility. Please I would like constructive feedback.

My spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...VVxk.xtczVukzs

Only macro needed is the Void Bolt Spam Macro:
    #show Void Bolt
    petattack
    cast Draining Bolt
    cast Void Bolt

Single Target Rotation (Use Skeletal Zealot pet):
    Life Leech
    Looming Demise
    Necrosis
    Dark Touch
    Grave Rot
    Void Bolt Spam Macro until 80ish charge.
    Exhume
    Empty the Crypts
    Void Bolt Spam Macro until Necrosis and Dark Touch have about 1-2 seconds left.
    Sacrifice Life Damage
    Refresh Necrosis
    Refresh Dark Touch
    Void Bolt Spam Macro to refresh Life Leech
    Soul Purge

Couple things to note:
    1. I never want to have Life Leech fall off the target so I always plan on casting Void Bolt when there is about 2-3 seconds left. Note: if your Draining Bolt is up and you are using the macro, plan on doing this a second or two earlier because it will cast the Draining Bolt first and then Void Bolt.

2. Be aware that you need to refresh Looming Demise only once it falls off (60 seconds).

3. Make sure to refresh Necrosis and Dark Touch immediately after they fall off.

4. Do not use Soul Purge while Empty the Crypts is up. Just spam Void Bolt for a filler.

5. Use Soul Purge as a filler when you have all of your dots up and have more than about 8 seconds left on Life Leech. Usually the best time is right after refreshing Necrosis, Dark Touch, and a Void Bolt.

6. This is a judgement call...cast Grave Rot when there are less than 4 stacks of deathly calling on the target and somewhere where you have time. I find the best time is usually right before Soul Purge.

7. Use Empty the Crypts on cooldown once you have the charge.

8. Use the Sacrifice Life Damage and Lich Form together and on cooldown right as dots are expiring.

AoE Rotation (Pretty Simple compared to the above):
    Dark Touch
    Neddra's Grasp
    Radiate Death
    Grave Rot
    Devouring Shadows multiple times until Grave Rot is ready.
    Grave Rot
    Devouring Shadows until Radiate Death is ready.
    Dark Touch
    Neddra's Grasp
    Radiate Death
    Grave Rot
    Devouring Shadows
    REPEAT, RINSE, WASH

I would simply like some feedback from some of the other mages on the forum familiar with Lichlock and I am by no means saying my build and rotation are the best. I am just looking to improve myself and maybe some others in the Mage forums. Please constructive criticism only. No flames please.
    Last edited by HorseMonkey; 09-29-2011 at 03:04 PM.
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    (Mage Lead for Guild Vendetta - Deepwood - 5/8 ID)
    My Archon Guide

Might just be an omission on your part, but i can't see you timing Lich Form with EtC, and given that it increases your pets' damage I would have thought stacking them made sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    Might just be an omission on your part, but i can't see you timing Lich Form with EtC, and given that it increases your pets' damage I would have thought stacking them made sense?
    To the practice dummy I go!

You are most likely correct but it's going to be a very small difference in dps.
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    My Archon Guide

You should stack Lich Form and Empty the Crypts when you can but because of different CDs that will only happen every 6 minutes.
    ie: Use them on cd unless they're going to be up within 10secs of each other.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    You should stack Lich Form and Empty the Crypts when you can but because of different CDs that will only happen every 6 minutes.
    ie: Use them on cd unless they're going to be up within 10secs of each other.
    Turns out it does increase the dps (ever so slightly). Thanks!
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    My Archon Guide

+ Reply to Thread