+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Synergy Crystal question

Sword of Telara

Default Synergy Crystal question

Does anyone know if I have a souls A, B, and C, can (and if) I equip a Blighted synergy crystal for soul D and still get the 2 set bonus of 30 spell power?

I only have enough to buy 1, so I don't want to waste the Inscribed Sourcestones to find out if I'm wrong.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    Does anyone know if I have a souls A, B, and C, can (and if) I equip a Blighted synergy crystal for soul D and still get the 2 set bonus of 30 spell power?

I only have enough to buy 1, so I don't want to waste the Inscribed Sourcestones to find out if I'm wrong.
    Yes, the Crystals say they are for certain souls but that is just for informational purposes. There is no mechanical connection between the Crystals and the souls they say they are for. The mechanics and requirements come in with the individual set bonuses.

In other words, if you have an Archon Crystal but no Archon Soul you will still get the SP bonus.

Rift Chaser

Stormcaller crystal is awesome for this. If you run dom in your chloro or archon soul neural prod and thunderblast guarantee a 100% up time in raids. 20s of 75sp.

Hey meastro bluedot, what synergy crystals would u advice with.

Pyro/ele
    St/ele
    necro/lock (necro synergy obviously)
    51chloro

Much appreciated
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post
    Check out Dot's updated guide, he lists his recommendation for each of his Roles.

http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post

Pyro/ele
    St/ele
    necro/lock (necro synergy obviously)
    51chloro

Much appreciated
    For your first Crystal get the one for the spec you use the most, or the one for the spec you use on the fight you are working on. You'll always have time to get the other Crystals so grab the one that will benefit you the most now.

Slightly different for the HK crystals as they are harder to get (depending on your guild's progress and loot system), but the same concept applies.

The truth is I haven't even decided yet... I will likely get the one for the spec that I use on Akylios, which I still haven't decided 100%. Bouncing between Pyro and SC.

Champion of Telara

I am wondering about getting the Dom one first (even though I do not have a Dom spec). There are several non-Dom spells that should proc the 75 spellpower.

For example, I don't see why anyone would use the SC stone over the Dom Stone (unless I am missing something - which is highly likely). The normal SC rotations have at least one "movement impairing spell" every 30 seconds.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Champion of Telara

would the Dom crystal be better for SC/Elem than the SC crystal?

Rift Chaser

I don't think so. Air crit rate is really high in an sc/ele build. With the SC crystal youll have the bonus most likely on your first three air casts at least, compared to having to start your rotation with a flash freeze or wait for arctic blast in your rotation

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    I am wondering about getting the Dom one first (even though I do not have a Dom spec). There are several non-Dom spells that should proc the 75 spellpower.

For example, I don't see why anyone would use the SC stone over the Dom Stone (unless I am missing something - which is highly likely). The normal SC rotations have at least one "movement impairing spell" every 30 seconds.
    I'd like to see if this works either way, hypothermia does not proc quick thinking in the Dom tree though it is based off movement controlling effects.

Telaran

i choose the pyro SC first, im now sort of regretting it, seems my combustion chance is lower than 30% - i can go like 10 fireballs without it coming up sometimes

anyway, was wondering if the 4pc bonus on sc and necro (+75sp on crit) has a ICD or does it refresh everytime u get a crit with air spells or pet?

Champion of Telara

if someone gets the Dom crystal, please check to see if spells from other souls will proc it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalliades View Post
    i choose the pyro SC first, im now sort of regretting it, seems my combustion chance is lower than 30% - i can go like 10 fireballs without it coming up sometimes

anyway, was wondering if the 4pc bonus on sc and necro (+75sp on crit) has a ICD or does it refresh everytime u get a crit with air spells or pet?
    No internal cooldown. Both have a 100% up time as long as you keep Necrosis on the target (Necrosis guarantees a crit from your pet's Blood Spike).

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    if someone gets the Dom crystal, please check to see if spells from other souls will proc it.
    Patching the PTS to test this.

Edit: PTS is down.. will let you know when I can test it.
    Last edited by bluedot; 10-01-2011 at 01:36 PM.

XiL

Crystals to care about:

SC - 2pc and 4pc gold
    Warlock - 2pc and 4pc gold
    Necro - 2pc and 4pc gold

I have all 3 of these (umadbro?)

Crystals to maybe care about:

Chloro
    Archon

Crystals to not care about:

Everything else.

Telaran

thanks bluedot,

knew blood spike would keep it up but was wondering about the air elemental, any idea if using the necro crystal would work with air elemental, they have a low crit rate 18-19% for me self buffed dunno what it is in raid

trying to decide what crystal to go for next, necro one would be better if it works for sc/ele aswell as necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast