+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pyro/Ele in 1.5

Telaran

Default Pyro/Ele in 1.5

I'm a noob to Mages, and just hit 50 w/ an alt. Is the Bluedots guide to Pyro/Ele still the way to go for ST DPS in PvE?

the build is probably wrong now. There are 3 extra points you put into archon for 3% fire damage increase. And yes it blows stuff up good. I pulled 2k DPS on warmaster last night which is good for me.

I haven't looked up any builds, but didn't see anything super beneficial in the ele tree...

I just did this http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...cuto.V0eoRd.xx

10 points into warlock for opportunity, 20 in archon for cast time and buffs, and 36 in pyro. I didn't get a chance to redo my pyro tree last night but will be using this build for DPS. Should work fairly well.
    (tips + suggestions welcome )

edit : looking at passives... Burning Bright : Increases your Fire damage by 1.2% for each point spent in the Pyromancer soul.

Would it be more beneficial to just go 51 into pyro and not worry about taking arch for the buffs?
    Last edited by Archemys; 09-29-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Treats View Post
    I'm a noob to Mages, and just hit 50 w/ an alt. Is the Bluedots guide to Pyro/Ele still the way to go for ST DPS in PvE?
    The Pyro/Ele build and rotation in: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/
    is up to date with 1.5

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mahkra View Post
    the build is probably wrong now. There are 3 extra points you put into archon for 3% fire damage increase. And yes it blows stuff up good. I pulled 2k DPS on warmaster last night which is good for me.
    Why would you put 3 points into archon for 3% dmg, when you can put them in pyro for 3.6% from burning bright, or am I missing something? Pretty sure you want to be 35 pyro/31 ele/0 archon

And to the spec above.. no, there are definately beneficial things in elementalist.

You go 31 ele to get tempest 30% crit dmg, and ~120dps from a pet.

Also, i seem to be parsing about 50-150 (damn rng pyro) higher with the T1 raid pyro crystal over my r8 crystal on the dummy, anyone else tested this?
    Last edited by Opalisk; 09-29-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Check this build out...35 Pyro, 31 Ele, 0 Archon. This should yield the best single target dps for pyro/ele but will need to test it out

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...zxs.Vthz0xoAzz
    HorseMonkey
    Level 50 Mage
    (Mage Lead for Guild Vendetta - Deepwood - 5/8 ID)
    My Archon Guide

Telaran

Great, thanks guys. Doesn't look like much is different in terms of build or rotation.

Bluedots - I did notice that the build on zam you have linked only has 65 points spent on the tree.
    Last edited by Frozen Treats; 09-29-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

I believe he intends you either go +1 ele for channel elements or +1 pyro for 1.2% fire damage. The choice is yours.

Shield of Telara

As long your rotation is:

fireball

You will be OK.

Pyro should never put points into archon for fire damage...

32/34 or 31/35 is the build depending on the expected fight duration.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Has there been any definitive testing on Pyro armor over Fire armor?

I realize the RNG on instant Cinder bursts makes it tough, but I haven't seen much discussion on it (unless I'm going blind, which is a distinct possibility).

Shield of Telara

It's out there, but with all the pyro threads nowadays it can be easily overlooked. Pyro armor for single target, fire armor for AoE, tried and true.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    It's out there, but with all the pyro threads nowadays it can be easily overlooked. Pyro armor for single target, fire armor for AoE, tried and true.
    Recently thrown back into question, actually. Because of the ICD, the true proc rate is a lot lower than 10%, usual figures place it at 5-6%. This means that you will get 16.5 fireballs before it procs, on average. Using fire armour, this gives you an extra 85% of a fireball. Bearing the 15% fireball critical chance boost in mind, AND factoring in combust with a synergy crystal, BEFORE taking into account the cast time reduction of fireball in a raid and the coefficients of each spell... It appears on the surface that fire armour is the best for both ST and AoE.

However, there are so very many variables with this theory that the shell of hated mathematics surrounding it is nigh impenetrable, and thus, most of, if not all of us, are still entirely in the dark about it. The nature of pyromancer has always been that parses made with it will flex slightly, unless you do an hour long parse or something equally silly, so it is very unlikely that you will find conclusive results either way... What this essentially means is that unless Stephen Hawking decides to start playing Rift and theorycrafting with us, then theoratical knowledge is useless in determining the result, and practical knowledge goes about the same way...

Essentially, go with your gut until somebody comes along bearing the fruit of math to enlighten us, because I know the calculations required would certainly be beyond me.
    Last edited by Void Seraphi; 09-29-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    The Pyro/Ele build and rotation in: http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/end-game-mage-pve-guide/
    is up to date with 1.5
    A suggestion for your macro: You can add
    cast Searing Vitality
    to the bottom of your macro, in case you spent a lot of time running for whatever reason and you run out of instants. Not likely to happen, but wont hurt

for every point u do in the pyro tree its 1.5% extra dmg. Why would u go to archon for 1% per point?
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast