+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Bugs - 1.5

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Mage Bugs - 1.5

Hey all,

As many of you probably know, there has been a bug thread going for a while now listing the issues facing Mages. Iíve been working on clearing those up, but unfortunately have not been able to get them all as of yet. With 1.5 out now, I wanted to start a new thread to help keep things on track for what current bugs are, old and new. To help get things started, I have a list below of issues that are on my list to either fix or at the very least take a look at. If you have an issue that is not on this list feel free to post it here. Iíll be posting periodic updates as I have news on the issues below and any new ones that may be posted.

When posting a bug, if itís one of those issues that only happens some of the time or in specific situations, it helps me get the issue solved faster if you can give me as much info as possible on how I can make that issue happen reliably. For the most part everyone has been great on that, but I wanted to put it out there for any new posts.

Upcoming changes/fixes:
    • Burning Shield still requires a Ground spell to cast.
      This was fixed and tested with rank 1 of the ability and the fix wasn't carried through for the rest of the ranks. Fixed now.
    • Essence Surge is being reflected by spell reflect buffs.
      Found the reason for this and fixed it. Iíll get the fix out to the Live servers as soon as I can.
    • Favored Ally is no longer affecting Archon Aura radius.
      Fixed.

And hereís the list of things I have down that still need some sort of work or investigation:
    • Electrocute: Channeling in PVP is canceled after knocking the target back.
    • Electrified: Remaining duration of the buffs are not always showing correctly in the UI.
      This one is outside of what I can fix myself. Iíve verified it and sent the bug over to the people who can take care of it. Iíll let you all know as soon as I hear anything more on it.
    • Raised in Nature: Multiple issues with how this updates.
    • Overload from Archmage doesnít correctly affect some abilities such as Life Leech and Dark Touch.
      Iíve found the source of the issue, but finding the correct way to fix the issue is still in the works.
    • Building Storm does not always correctly apply additional critical hit damage on Hypothermia spells.
      As a heads up, changes are likely in the works for Building Storm. These arenít set in stone or anything yet, so I donít have any additional information on it I can give out just yet.
    • Lich Form doesnít give a full 30% damage buff to pets.
      I havenít had a chance to really look into this in depth, but it is most likely one of two things. 1) This applies to base damage and just needs a description update. 2) The 30% is additive to the other damage bonuses on the pet, such as the bonus from the Life Bane talent, and that wasnít being accounted for when comparing numbers. Iíll double check when I can and see if I can clarify.
    • Dominator Presence abilities, when cast on an enemy, can be purged by allies.
      This is a kind of weird issue. Iím working on finding a way of fixing it without introducing other weird issues or exploits.
    • Detaunt being removed by spells cast prior to detaunt.
      Yet another weird issue. I have some ideas for it, but need to spend some time testing them to make sure they actually fix things and donít cause new, worse, issues.
    • Disorient doesn't apply damage if target is immune to cc.
      Disorient is more complicated that the other abilities of this type and didn't lend itself to the same solution I've been using for all the others. I'm going look at it some more to see what I can do.
    • Burning bonds pvp duration is 4 seconds
      I wasnít able to reproduce this when I last tested it, but Iíll take another look at it and see if there is something Iím missing.
    • Charged Shield: Damage is delayed procing on the target. Doesnít proc damage at all if an additional damage proc occurs with a damaging attack.
    • Haunting Pain damage doesnít match up with what is expected.
      I think I may know whatís going on here, but I havenít had a chance to dig into it yet.
    • Ability and item buffs are not consistently affecting pets. (Including Burning Powerstone)
      I need to look into this issue as a whole and not just a single buff like Burning Powerstone. Ideally the behavior on how buffs on you affect your pets would be consistent and Iíll need to spend some time finding out the ďwhyĒ behind how it currently works.
    • Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil descriptions are confusing and donít adequately indicate the differences and advantages to each.
      Iíll get a better description put together for these.
    • The changing cast time for different ranks of Fireball causes confusion.
      Yep, sure does. Iíll look into what would work best to help clear this up.
    • Watertouched Soulstone doesnt have effect on hypothermia affected targets, if you dont target them.
      I havenít had a chance to look at this just yet. If I can verify this, I think I may know why its happening and a potential fix.
    • Opportunity is still causing instant cast Archon Auras to have a cast time.
      I wasnít able to reproduce this when I did a quick test with it, but Iíll take a second look at it.
    • Traitorous Influence is not draining mana consistently.
      I havenít been able to reproduce this so far. Iíve tried in both duels and world pvp. Is there something else going on when you see the mana drain fail?

Thanks Kervik!

Quick question and one I didn't see in the patch notes:

Life Leech being refreshed by Void bolt - The first tick can no longer crit. Was this fixed? I didn't get a chance to do any major testing last night being pulled in all directions by the guild wanting to look at new stuff (That's not a complaint).

Thanks

Thanks for the heads-up. Any idea when we'll see some of these changes go live?
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Fraktyl View Post
    Life Leech being refreshed by Void bolt - The first tick can no longer crit. Was this fixed? I didn't get a chance to do any major testing last night being pulled in all directions by the guild wanting to look at new stuff (That's not a complaint).
    The first tick should be able to crit now. Sorry if that didn't make the notes.

Thanks for the update Kervik.

I wasnít able to reproduce this when I last tested it, but Iíll take another look at it and see if there is something Iím missing.
    Charged Shield: Damage is delayed procing on the target. Doesnít proc damage at all if an additional damage proc occurs with a damaging attack.
    The delay is very small, but it can break cc if you used your cc at the exact same time the other guy attacked you (even with melee skills or spells without travel time).

Here are 2 examples of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grc87Anjzd0

transmogrify is broken at about 0:18 (his char model didn't even have the time to get changed to a squirrel).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b21f3RHPgU

Breaks at about 0:34.

It might be due to lag and not be fixable, but it's still gamebreaking when one of your cc gets broken by a 50 passive damage buff, thus a lot of doms don't use charged shield anymore. If this couldn't be fixed, it would be nice to changed charged shield so that damage doesn't break cc (or the damage doesn't trigger on someone under a cc effect that breaks on damage).

Also, flourish doesn't heal split personality pets (and probably other pets too), even when they 10 allies limit isn't reached.

Arresting presence interrupt (with 3/3 empowered presence) doesn't work if the target is immune to cc because of DR.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Favored Ally is no longer affecting Archon Aura radius.
    Fixed.
    Did this fix go out with the hotfix this morning, or is it scheduled to go out in an upcoming hotfix?
    Last edited by Tahrin; 09-29-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Banned

Pyro armor's proc is not resetting the CD on Cinderburst if you hard cast cinderburst, which causes the proc.

"Burning bonds pvp duration is 4 seconds
    I wasn’t able to reproduce this when I last tested it, but I’ll take another look at it and see if there is something I’m missing."

Do you need more video evidence, there isn't a scenario where this doesn't happen in pvp. Perhaps you can give us the example of what you are doing to get the 8 second duration.
    Last edited by Pyrial; 09-29-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Also, another thing concerning the new cleanse change...

You sometimes had to use mage cleanses like nature's cleansing even when you had no debuff on you to proc natural awareness, or pre-cast purification on someone you knew was going to receive debuffs shortly. It's no longer possible.

Could you please revert this change or at least give us the choice to grey out or not cleanses when no debuff is on the target?

Thanks on the overload bug fix! Glad mages got the good dev.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    Thanks on the overload bug fix! Glad mages got the good dev.
    He said he still needs to investigate Overload further, so it's not fixed yet.

About Traitorous Influence, I'll be testing it in WFs right now to see if I can identify anything useful regarding the bug.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrin View Post
    Did this fix go out with the hotfix this morning, or is it scheduled to go out in an upcoming hotfix?
    The fixed issues I mentioned above haven't gone out yet. I don't have a specific time yet when they will, but I'll post here when I have more info.

Shadowlander

Double Tap in Archmage isn't triggered by knockbacks or stuns any more. I tested this in a duel with a rogue, who interrupted my Natural Healing casts with Vers of Capitvation and Repelling shot, neither interrupt triggered Double Tap, but the spells were still interrupted. The only things we could get to trigger double tap were the explicitly marked interrupts like warrior Bash.

I don't know if this was an intended change or not but either way it renders Double Tap pretty much useless, and by extension a lot of mage souls that rely on long cast times. Please look at it and if it was intentional consider reverting it.

Thanks

Can we get some clarification on how the new Glyphs of power 5% PVP cap works with the 5 point talent? There's nothing in the description saying that the 1% extra per point fire damage bonus doesn't apply to PVP.

Currently, the talent is giving no bonus to damage in PVP, is that intentional or a bug?

Since 1.5 i'm having alot of issues with pets while inside almost all instances... did a chronicle with a rouge friend after patch and he also was having his pets go into combat stance then just stand there like they have no idea how to get to the enemy standing right in front of them.. same thing seems to occur in other instances and dungeons. Sometimes i need to drag the mob out of where they are currently standing and then my pets finds them as if they are standing in a spot my pet cant see.

Shield of Telara

I couldn't get this to repeat on the dummy just now, but last night there were some weird things happening with Building Storm. It looked like the stacks would stay up on my buff bar, even though they were consumed. So let's say I had 4 stacks, I would cast Arctic Blast, get the crit damage and consume the stacks of Building Storm. However, the buff stays on my buff bar at 4, and if I was to re-apply the buff, the number would stay at 4 until I had 5 stacks of it, at which point it correctly showed 5 stacks. It happened consistently all night, although it didn't happen everytime. I can't seem to duplicate it on dummy tests, so maybe someone else can help pinpoint this issue?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast