+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro healing spec need feedback

Soulwalker

Default Chloro healing spec need feedback

This is not a new or original spec it is one I found on the forums. It is http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uoVckoo.hMecMb. I really like the idea of being able to provide so many buffs as well as heal but everything I really see talks about heavy chloro/lock. Is the Chloro/lock/archon build viable or am I setting myself up for failure? This is more for PvE as I'm nearing 50 and want to continue to do dungeons. I run with a bard support if that makes any difference at all. Cheers

If you want to do chloro-archon, do the proper spec and make it at least 32 archon, like the old times. You will be very useful as support in 5mans or 10 mans, but in 20 mans you change spec, as there will be a 51 archon

Soulwalker

Do you have a spec for this? I'm pretty new so I don't know much about old things. I may reconsider I suppose and just go chloro lock for the increased damage for more heals I suppose it seems like the right thing to do.

That would work if you were the support healer and already had a main tank healer. If you were running that build to be a support and provide more buffs I would personally axe the warlock part and put those points into Archon to get your last Aura + the other usual archon goodies. Unfortunately the archon/chloro build doesn't work so well anymore if you need to do a lot of healing as a main tank healer.

If you want to do main tank healing as effectively as possible 51 chloro is the way to go. There are several different options for the last 15 points, my personal choice was to put them into warlock. But 5 elem 10 warlock is also popular.

Chloro/lock is best used for aoe healing. I don't even have Synthesis in my chloro/lock build, but I don't need it since that's my pure aoe spec and I run 51 if I need to do single target healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxas View Post
    Do you have a spec for this? I'm pretty new so I don't know much about old things. I may reconsider I suppose and just go chloro lock for the increased damage for more heals I suppose it seems like the right thing to do.
    At least get these abilities out of archon, if you're gonna do the support thing.

Soulwalker

Thank you guys for all your answers I had no idea that 51 points were important I must have been reading old stuff that said only 36 was necessary. I will choose 51 chloro and 15 lock. Thanks again for all the advice it is a very fun soul.

+ Reply to Thread