+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Is chlorolock still viable?

Default Is chlorolock still viable?

Just a quick question regarding the chlorolock build found within bluedots guides.

http://bluedots.org/2011/07/08/1-3-pvp-chlorolock/

I have tried a few warfronts today and as expected im getting pounded (may have just had high ranked opponents) - although only rank 3 (late bloomer) i just dont seem to have any counters as break free is permanently on cooldown.

Anyone found a decent build yet for PvP or anyone found a way to adapt to the changes? Considering going back to necro but id much prefer a healing spec if possible.

Any thoughts appreciated.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

His 32/29/5 build is not optimal for most situations. In particular, it sacrifices a lot of survivability for additional damage.

Since ALL rogue souls just got a major buff this patch, you may as well reroll to a rogue.

Anyways, you should probably get r4 gear asap. The gap between r3 and r8 is twice as much as r4 to r8. And also get a valor sigil, you'll need it. And valor runes. Max your valor, it gets more valuable as you get more of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    His 32/29/5 build is not optimal for most situations. In particular, it sacrifices a lot of survivability for additional damage.

Since ALL rogue souls just got a major buff this patch, you may as well reroll to a rogue.

Anyways, you should probably get r4 gear asap. The gap between r3 and r8 is twice as much as r4 to r8. And also get a valor sigil, you'll need it. And valor runes. Max your valor, it gets more valuable as you get more of it.
    Yea, im trying to rank up asap but only started a couple of weeks ago, i chose the bluedot so that i could be of use in support roles instance wise (it actually does okish dps) but i may have to rethink the build.

There are enough rogues without me rerolling ;P
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

aux

You'll mostly be healing the enemy rogues. I'm not sure if mages have anything to deal with them right now. Maybe I'll play Archon so I can buff the 19 rogues in my group.
    I'm so BORED

The best thing to do right now with rogues' healing debuff is to be a dps or support in pvp. I can still out dps a rogue as 51 lock, so that works. You could even go 51 archon and go 15 points into the defensive side of archmage and spam ward of detection at critical points and AOE cleanse their team. That will make their rogues pull their hair out lol
    Payneful..... Mage, Rank 8, <Reckless> @Deepstrike
    Payne... Rogue, Rank 6

Shadowlander

............edit*
    Last edited by Skyous; 09-29-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Payne Ashstone View Post
    The best thing to do right now with rogues' healing debuff is to be a dps or support in pvp. I can still out dps a rogue as 51 lock, so that works. You could even go 51 archon and go 15 points into the defensive side of archmage and spam ward of detection at critical points and AOE cleanse their team. That will make their rogues pull their hair out lol
    Ill take a look at that - cheers

Ascendant

as a new mage, I'd advise you to look into 51 dominator. eat their energy :P

alternatively, 32 chloro/32 lock/ 2am (not many clerics on your team) or your favorite dps class

Chlorolock was never viable outside of solo and maybe duo play. In group PVP, there simply is no reason to take what is essentially a mix of a crappy healer and crappy DPS.

But yeah, until Fell Blade is nerfed, it probably is better to go more into a DPS build for 1V1 against rogues.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    Chlorolock was never viable outside of solo and maybe duo play. In group PVP, there simply is no reason to take what is essentially a mix of a crappy healer and crappy DPS.

But yeah, until Fell Blade is nerfed, it probably is better to go more into a DPS build for 1V1 against rogues.
    I know its not a strong build in either but i really enjoy playing it and like the blend in PvP - i think ill stick with my necrolock since looking at the other support roles i just am not familiar enough to pull my weight in a wf/instance.
    Last edited by faye007; 09-29-2011 at 10:34 AM.

I would have ranked 45 Warlock / 16 Necromancer / 5 Archmage above Chlorolock last patch. That's even more true after 1.5.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Payne Ashstone View Post
    The AOE cleanse doesn't cleanse deep enough per person to actually be useful, because the heal debuffs are reapplied virtually instantly. I guess you could use it to debuff the enemy, but GTAOE+cast time makes that much less effective than it initially sounds like. On the bright side, as a 15+ Archon you have some DPS buffs for your team and can even use that nifty shield to keep someone up for 1-2 seconds.

My plan is just to go DPS unless I'm literally warfronting with someone on vent that asks me to heal.

-Liang

Just wanted to say that i changed my old spec over yesterday while library was up. I went chlor/dom/arch (32/31/3) and its actually pretty good. I feel more useful and still have some survivability - my gear is maxed out at rank 3 (halfway to rank 4) so until im into R6 or so i think ill steer away from dps as i would not be all that useful.

Thanks to all who pointed out various specs, its hard to break away from what you feel you play best sometimes.

Ascendant

chloro-dom is still good, rogues are still killing themselves with their 1s gcd spam and continuous movements and nobody care to clean themselves anymore with the rain of debuffs from both sides...
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    You'll mostly be healing the enemy rogues. I'm not sure if mages have anything to deal with them right now. Maybe I'll play Archon so I can buff the 19 rogues in my group.
    sadly that applies to the other 3 callings atm as well

Follow Me on Twitter
    Follow Nerds In Denial
    Officer of NiD | youtube Stream

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast