+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By masakari81

Thread: Suggestion for new 51 point chloro ability

Telaran

Default Suggestion for new 51 point chloro ability

Chloro healing is great no complaints. But I thought up an ability I would like to see, it came to me mid raid last night and thought I would suggest it on here see what people think. Would replace natural healing since its garbage for chloro healing when no target is available.
    New ability to replace natural healing would be named something along the lines of "Totem of Healing"

Totem of healing - Places an attackable totem at the foot of the mage that when attacked increases the healing output of livegiving veil and lifebound veil by 10%-15%

Totem would have something like 60k-100k health or last 2 minutes.

Would be attackable in PVP so would remove any "OP" feeling.

Thoughts?
    Varsity - Mage
    Seraphax- Rogue
    Officer of No Quarter
    http://nqguild.enjin.com

Shadowlander

all the NPCs as well as players would simply ignore it since it wont do anything if not attacked...

a second thought....npcs might attack it if it somehow got threat
    Last edited by Atsaka; 09-28-2011 at 08:45 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Atsaka View Post
    all the NPCs as well as players would simply ignore it since it wont do anything if not attacked...

a second thought....npcs might attack it if it somehow got threat
    I think he means when the Chloro attacks it to generate Lifegiving/bound Veil heals.

Kind of a clever thought, not sure how well I'd like being effectively rooted to an area, albeit a large area. Probably be more balanced if the Chloro's spells healed the totem for exactly the amount they damaged it and it had like 10k health. Making it some what easy to burst down in PvP.

Not really sure how you'd justify a totem in the mage/chloromancer lore but not sure how much we care about that.

Champion of Telara

Actually, I'm not really for any idea that places more emphasis on 51 chloro.

Used to love chloro, but post 1.3, everyone suddenly has to roll 51 to be viable healers (outside of the occasional raid heal chlorolock). I really wish it could be changed somewhat that you don't have to go full chloro tree as the ONLY option. Now if your totem idea was lower and affected any other spell, I would be ok with it.

Off hand, I would be happy if the just made natural healing lvl 38/44. As a skill, it has hardly any use currently outside of non-combat heals. Its not that it is bad, its just that void life is better. Having a decent heal at lower levels would give wannabe chloro's more options to spec into.... less heals for more support/dmg etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    Actually, I'm not really for any idea that places more emphasis on 51 chloro.

Used to love chloro, but post 1.3, everyone suddenly has to roll 51 to be viable healers (outside of the occasional raid heal chlorolock). I really wish it could be changed somewhat that you don't have to go full chloro tree as the ONLY option. Now if your totem idea was lower and affected any other spell, I would be ok with it.

Off hand, I would be happy if the just made natural healing lvl 38/44. As a skill, it has hardly any use currently outside of non-combat heals. Its not that it is bad, its just that void life is better. Having a decent heal at lower levels would give wannabe chloro's more options to spec into.... less heals for more support/dmg etc etc.
    Completely agree. I feel nerfed when I got to have 51to chloro to be viable... I would love to be able to put more points into warlock or even archon than just 15.

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

When I raided in Vanguard as blood mage (clother healer that healed through damage and damaged himself to heal even better) there was a raid boss that dropped an earring, that you could right click to summon a mob that was attackable and I think it had a good amount of HP.
    I would like to have something like that in rift!

But yeah I would also love to see more abilities for chloros in general, just look at the vanguard blood mage and copy some

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Telaran

Well the idea could be placed anywhere within the mage tree. I just thought it would be better suited to replace natural healing because its our only out of combat/no target heal really outside of heals with cooldowns.
    Varsity - Mage
    Seraphax- Rogue
    Officer of No Quarter
    http://nqguild.enjin.com

+ Reply to Thread