+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did pyro just get nerfed?

pro

Default Did pyro just get nerfed?

In pvp glyphs of power only adds 5% damage in combat. Which is a nerf and should be fixed immediatly preferably today or within the next hotfix. Unless im missing something does the missing 10% come in from being talented?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    In pvp glyphs of power only adds 5% damage in combat. Which is a nerf and should be fixed immediatly preferably today or within the next hotfix. Unless im missing something does the missing 10% come in from being talented?
    always having 5% is prob going to end up being better than having +10% when stationary.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    always having 5% is prob going to end up being better than having +10% when stationary.
    Not when the majority of pyro spells require you to be stationary it isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Corebot View Post
    Not at the cost of taking 10% more damage.

Shadowlander

You don't have to stop, cast the ground spell, then start casting abilities. Or constantly return to the same spot. Or spend the GCD if you have the shield on you.

That gives you an extra 1.5 seconds of DPS, which should be worth it in most realistic situations.

Although if you aren't speccing into removing the negative effect I'm not sure why you are running a pyro - there aren't THAT many good abilities.

I am not a scrub, I played daoc and know how to get off spells. so I would prefer harder to use but more benefit than easy to use.
    if i wanted easy to use id be a lock or stormcaller
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by pestosauce View Post
    You don't have to stop, cast the ground spell, then start casting abilities. Or constantly return to the same spot. Or spend the GCD if you have the shield on you.

That gives you an extra 1.5 seconds of DPS, which should be worth it in most realistic situations.

Although if you aren't speccing into removing the negative effect I'm not sure why you are running a pyro - there aren't THAT many good abilities.
    Basically, unless you're full 51 Pyro, you're probably not going to take this ability, nor the talents for it. So let's break it down.

Untalented: 5% extra FIRE ONLY damage, while stationary, in echange for 10% extra ANY DAMAGE taken. Uh, yeah, don't think I'm gonna click that "buff" on.

Talented: 5/5 in Top of Tree for the same 5% extra FIRE ONLY damage, while stationary, 5/5 just gets rid of the extra damage taken. Hot Dog.

Let's compare that to... Oh, I dunno, WarlocK Dark Power which is also 5/5 and in the same tier. 5 points in Dark Power gives you 10% of any damage, whether you're moving OR stationary, and of course no extra damage taken to be found.

Why are Trion devs so terrified of Pyros, no one is nearly as worried about them as you are, Devs.

Banned

Don't forget that now burning shields is tied to glyphs of power, which hopefully is not intended

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    Don't forget that now burning shields is tied to glyphs of power, which hopefully is not intended
    Just noticed that. I'm not going to use this "buff" which makes me take more extra DMG than it gives me, so I'm punished with not getting to use my shield as well?

Hellloooo Trion Devs, is anyone home in there or did someone just decide on and code these garbage changes at 4:58 on their way out the door?
    Last edited by Bleeds; 09-28-2011 at 04:06 PM.

pro

When you spec pyro your speccing to be able to burst someone down and losing 10% OF our makes that a little bit harder especially since we still dont have our back. Lets not forget that little 5sec timer between fulm and cinder and inferno being on gcd. those 3 skills were the burst of pyro. Im updating the game now to test it out for my self. Have you guys tried it at 51/15?

Shadowlander

The 5 second timer is a bit much, especially when Fulminate requires 100 charge.

I respecced to 44pyro/15lock/7elemental. I hope to use Grounding of Strength when targetted by rogues (for the immune-to-CC part of it).

I did make a 51pyro/15AM spec to try out too.

+ Reply to Thread