+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 44 Necromancer is really good in PVP now

Default 44 Necromancer is really good in PVP now

If you want a more DOT-based build, you should try it.

I did 44 Necromancer / 21 Warlock / 1 Archmage.
    Last edited by GLopez; 09-28-2011 at 11:17 AM.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    If you want a more DOT-based build, you should try it.

I did 44 Necromancer / 21 Warlock / 1 Archmage.
    Because of the fix on Last Gasp?

Rift Disciple

Is it me or Mass Grave looks really unimpressive? Are those two pets extremely strong? It has freaking 5mins CD with only 30s duration? With 5mins, I would expect at least one minute duration or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    Is it me or Mass Grave looks really unimpressive? Are those two pets extremely strong? It has freaking 5mins CD with only 30s duration? With 5mins, I would expect at least one minute duration or something?
    Its pretty good burst but meh.
    51 Necro and 51 elementalist are way to dependant on long CD skills to get any DPS done. With terrible pet scaling 51 necro is an instantly "nope"

In reference to pvp: It is terrible, even more so.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 09-28-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibikaorift View Post
    Because of the fix on Last Gasp?
    Pretty much.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

It's always been good.

But I recommend the standard 44 Necro/17 Lock/5 AM spec.

You have to realize Necro with Shadow Life will never be defensive enough to survive most things, It's a Glass Cannon Spec.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    It's always been good.

But I recommend the standard 44 Necro/17 Lock/5 AM spec.

You have to realize Necro with Shadow Life will never be defensive enough to survive most things, It's a Glass Cannon Spec.
    44/17/5 is where it's at.

Problem is, your defensive options suck compared to Pyro, Storm, Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    44/17/5 is where it's at.

Problem is, your defensive options suck compared to Pyro, Storm, Warlock.
    You do get the benefit of the self heals of Essence Link (I max mine) and Soul Purge, which is ok.. but yea.. if ya don't have heals you'll probably get crushed by a heavy dps class.

However the spec takes a dump on healers..

If they don't cure it they either die, or they're eventually overwhelmed from you placing it on multiple targets.

Before the patch you could heal through it, but like it was before the crit bug, when it crit, It does to much damage now

Mine is hitting rank 8 clerics for 600+ on Crit now

Yeah, after some testing, I agree 44 Necromancer / 17 Warlock / 5 Archmage is better. Detaunt is better survivability than Shadow Life, and it's more damage.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

It SO is not "really good".

Necro doesn't have the charge generation nor the damage nor the CC nor the defense to justify going deep necro. Warlock is what's doing all of those things, so warlock is what you should be using.

What you're using with this build is a gimpy warlock + soul purge + lich form + last gasp. It's successful because warlock is strong and always has been. I'm sorry but three useful abilities does not justify 44 points, even if they make the warlock stronger.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    It SO is not "really good".

Necro doesn't have the charge generation nor the damage nor the CC nor the defense to justify going deep necro. Warlock is what's doing all of those things, so warlock is what you should be using.

What you're using with this build is a gimpy warlock + soul purge + lich form + last gasp. It's successful because warlock is strong and always has been. I'm sorry but three useful abilities does not justify 44 points, even if they make the warlock stronger.
    My Last Gasp is critting for 500-800 on Targets..

The best part is you can throw it on pretty much every rogue now (use to be just bard's it would ****) and since they're all using those heal proc debuffs now it procs Last Gasp.

i do agree Warlock helps the necro spec, It's mainly for the charge generation and the dot damage increase.

44 SC is still much better at putting pressure and taking out enemy healers. And it has some real aoe dps. It also has better survivability outside of 1v1 and much better mobility. If you want a pvp necro so much, why not just stick to the classic lich form necrolock - it has good survivability, some decent 1v1 power and can occasionally burst out and kill a cleric or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    44 SC is still much better at putting pressure and taking out enemy healers. And it has some real aoe dps. It also has better survivability outside of 1v1 and much better mobility. If you want a pvp necro so much, why not just stick to the classic lich form necrolock - it has good survivability, some decent 1v1 power and can occasionally burst out and kill a cleric or two.
    You will not kill an enemy healer as a Stormcaller if they know what they're doing.

it has no heal debuff and it's damage for killing healers i completely reliant on Lightning Burst hopefully killing them.

Granted in a 1v1, Neither class is going to kill a Cleric (as they'll just cure themselves and laugh at ya), you basically are relying on Stormcaller to catch a Cleric off guard and hopefully hit him with a 5k LB and maybe one shot him.

Storm is basically relying on blowing his load on the Cleric
    44 Necro relies on simply overwhelming the Cleric with Dots

Oh yea, just for the record, 44 Necro ****s on Chloro/Lock builds and Necro/Lock builds as well, you can ask a certain rank 8 Chloro/locks on Seastone about it, I was able to beat him without Last Gasp critting, and Necro/Lock with Warlock armor is a death sentence against a Last Gasp necro as you'll set off Last gasp with your Warlock Armor.
    Last edited by Sorovos; 09-28-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Stormcaller usually only gets upset with a deny. In any sort of mass pvp, first thing is, a warrior or rogue will always heal debuff the cleric (and warrior debuff as you may know is both more powerful and un-dispellable). And then, trading GCD's with the healer forcing them to dispel your electrifies is very beneficial to you. And if they are not dispelling, you will kill them in 2-3 nukes afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Halman View Post
    Stormcaller usually only gets upset with a deny. In any sort of mass pvp, first thing is, a warrior or rogue will always heal debuff the cleric (and warrior debuff as you may know is both more powerful and un-dispellable). And then, trading GCD's with the healer forcing them to dispel your electrifies is very beneficial to you. And if they are not dispelling, you will kill them in 2-3 nukes afterwards.
    Both specs get screwed by Deny, Dominator counters both builds rather harshly.

You also will not necessarily always have a Warrior or Rogue heal debuffing either. Now If they have a Warrior/Rogue on them it really does not matter, As you can go pretty much any spec and it will Kill a Cleric if the Warrior/Rogue knows what they're doing. As for killing them in 2 or 3 nukes, If they don't have a heal debuff, They'll pop off an instant heal that completely negates your damage.

44 Storm like I said is relying completely on Catching the Healer Off Guard with a Big Nuke, if the big nuke doesn't kill them, You're not going to kill them.

44 Necro relies on the same principle of catching them off guard (as in if they are curing themselves over and over you're not going to kill them) However the key difference is 44 Necro doesn't blow his load, If he gets a 5 Stack of Last Gasp on the target, It's basically just a matter of time till it's dead.

Not only is it pretty much impossible to Cure at that point without a Deny, It's basically a Heal debuff that stacks with every other heal debuff. (Think of it like this, a Heal Debuff cuts their heals by 50%, Now they heal themselves for 1200, they instantly take 600 Damage from Last Gasp, Last Gasp is basically a second heal debuff as it just negated some of their healing done)

However if you don't believe me, i recommend trying the spec out.

This is a spec I ran for a large portion of the game till it lost it's crit ability

It was really quite interesting, Because the other number 1 mage on my original cluster on Defiant side ran the exact same spec. Whenever we had 5v5 it came down to whoever killed one of us first.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast