+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible new solo spec for SC?

Rift Master

Default Possible new solo spec for SC?

I've been thinking about those tasty new T1 Synergy Crystals coming with 1.5, specifically the Chloro one, which with four pieces of T1 raid gear gives +10% chance for healing from Radiant Spores (so 20% without points in Phytogenesis or 26% with it) and it took me back to the days of pulling large groups with my Ele's Greater Earth pet, having Spores hit them all and then AoEing the everliving s*** out of them with Forked Lightning and Lightning Field, while reaping massive amounts of self healing.

Of course that was stopped when Radiant Spores dropped from 33% to 16% chance to heal, but with the new Synergy crystal maybe it's doable again, especially given that you're pretty well geared if you have 4pc T1.

Here are a couple builds:

Single target soloing
    Multi target soloing

The first doesn't have the points in Chloro to spread spores about, but it has the +30% crit and Intensify Elements, so you should get an equivalent amount of healing plus lot's more damage. The second build is more for larger packs, contains instant Bloom, Radiant Spores will spread to multiple targets and has a 6% larger chance to proc.

Neither build is revolutionary nor really of much use in a raid (unless you've got no Chloro at all) but they will be great for soloing elite mobs, dealing with large packs of mobs during dailies or invasions/rifts, it might do well as a support healer in a dungeon, and I think would be ideal for Chronicles.

Any thoughts? Any improvements?
    Last edited by Tarien; 09-28-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Ascendant

With the mobs being so damn easy you're really trying too hard :P
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKillian View Post
    With the mobs being so damn easy you're really trying too hard :P
    Haha, maybe. I always find with SC that after half a dozen chained pulled mobs my health has dropped and eventually I need to stop and drink. With Chlorolock it's too slow, Necrolock is nice because of the self healing but vs elites it can get risky.

I like to pull large packs and annihilate them while laughing maniacally as my health bar fills back up and the screen fills with pretty numbers

+ Reply to Thread