+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Pyro nerf to Glyphs of Power

Default PVP Pyro nerf to Glyphs of Power

Why nerf the Glyphs of Power in PVP to 5%?

I don't play a pyro in PVP. However, recently I tried the raider PVE pyro spec that is the ultimate in PVE single target damage. Bluedot's config I think? MASSIVE dps.

I decided to give it a try in PVP for a day. It's worthless in PVP. Every spell has a cast time and you have 0 defensive capability. Like zilch. Oh wait, you could flicker away and you'll die a half second later. You're hitpoints are around 5.5k at rank 8 where usually you're running with 8k-10k in traditional PVP mage specs.

Out of about 30 warfronts that day, I think I might have had 4 moments of blowing people up after building up charge and activating all the damage increasers including Heatwave to chain cast fireballs. All the rest of the time I spent dead or interrupted and then dead.

Needless to say, out of the 5 roles I have for PVP I commonly use - the one role I reserve for experimenting or spec'ing for PVE raiding was set back to some other whacky combination I want to try out.

But it begs the question, why bother nerfing it in PVP? Only the PVE mage raiders will ever use it. Or if you've had success with this spec in PVP, lets hear about it.

Soulwalker

They just gave me 5% more damage in pvp.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrow View Post
    They just gave me 5% more damage in pvp.
    They just nerfed 51 pyro by another 10%
    Last edited by Pyrial; 09-28-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    They just nerfed 51 pyro by another 10%
    Only if you used the circles which is bad form, or your facing bad players. No more wasting a GCD to re-apply a circle. Just stop moving and cast. Most players will see an increase.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VeroMaestro View Post
    Only if you used the circles which is bad form, or your facing bad players. No more wasting a GCD to re-apply a circle. Just stop moving and cast. Most players will see an increase.
    Justify why casting a ground spell is bad form. I'm sorry but slapping down something that gives me 15% added damage is anything but bad form in my book. As a Pyro I have to stand still anyway to cast fireball, my bread and butter, so dropping an insta cast ground would seem to be a wonderful thing to do since it will boost my damage by 15%. Now though I will only get 5%. Sure it will help me when I am on the move casting the almost non-existent insta casts I have. Woohoo.
    Zirak: Mage of <The Purge>
    Guardian of Seastone, formerly of Faemist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zirak View Post
    Justify why casting a ground spell is bad form. I'm sorry but slapping down something that gives me 15% added damage is anything but bad form in my book. As a Pyro I have to stand still anyway to cast fireball, my bread and butter, so dropping an insta cast ground would seem to be a wonderful thing to do since it will boost my damage by 15%. Now though I will only get 5%. Sure it will help me when I am on the move casting the almost non-existent insta casts I have. Woohoo.

You have to ignore people who are of the mind, "if I can't do it, it must be bad". Setting up GoP during burst is essential in dropping R8 clerics or chloro/locks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VeroMaestro View Post
    Why bad form? Simple answer is you couldn't do it or efficiently set it up.

Let's keep this thread on track. I'm fine if they nerf the base to 5% even though it's probably unnecessary as hell.

But the talent should still give 1% fire damage per point, it's absolutely ridiculous that we would only get half of the benefit (dmg reduction) of a 5 point, high in the tree talent. Especially since it's not listed anywhere that we don't. Losing 5% fire damage if you happened to put down your Ground before seems like a fair trade for the added mobility. Losing 10% and having another pointless talent that I'm not going to put points in now is terrible design.

This needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Bleeds; 09-28-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zirak View Post
    Ground was a giant glowing "get your favor here!" sign that reduced your survivability considerably. There were a few places where you could set up shop for a little while in a ground (behind obstacles or on cliffs) but putting it down in an open area was a death sentence.

Agree with Bleeds, the talent should still boost PvP damage by 5% up to a total of 10%, otherwise half the talent is automatically useless in PvP. Heavy investment in Pyro SHOULD get a bonus.

+ Reply to Thread