+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which route are you headed with planar attunement?

Plane Touched

Default Which route are you headed with planar attunement?

So I play mainly chlorolock, Necrolock, ChloroDom, and 51 lock. At first glance since I use a 2handed staff it looked like the plane of fire was the way to go, either that or death. I have no clue what the 2nd and 3rd tiers have in store, so has anyone spent more time with this stuff and have any advice?

If you use a staff, Fire is definitely the way to go.

I haven't been on the PTS in a while, but I believe for daul wielding, either life or earth is the best. I think Life.

Plane Touched

That's what I was thinking, even though none of my specs does any fire damage.

I havent researched planar attunements very much. Can someone give me a tldr version or direct me to the "tcgriyylb" section (too complicated go read it yourself you lazy bum)

Champion

Just pick one, thats really all there is to it.
    I'm going death, it may have swords in it (Still say its ******ed to have Swords & staves in the same attunement) but I make that up through Wands... Plus faster soul walking.

I've got alot of Dom/lock/Warlock builds so I figure Death is the way to go for now.

Telaran

Unless I missed something, you don't get a bonus to certain types of damage with planar attunement (outside of rift creatures). Getting everything in the death tree will not give you bonus death damage, but it will give you a bonus to death rift creatures. I would assume that death aspected bosses would not be flagged as death rift creatures, but obviously we can't be certain unless someone has specifically tested for it.

As for me, I'm going the wand spell power route until I know for sure what relic I'll be getting off of Akylios. Every mage in my guild with a Darkling Skull will not be replacing it until something massively better comes out because the spell/attack power buffs from it stack. While I don't currently have a Darkling Skull, God forbid I completely spec out staves and then have to switch to Darkling Skull
    Last edited by Dandai; 09-28-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Telaran

Until I know there's some way to respec it or have the ability to see the upper tiers, I'm not taking any route.

Ascendant

I haven't even seen the trees yet LOL.

Ascendant

idk this attunement confused the heck outta me

its either fire or earth for me(staves). fire gives int extra + sword ////// earth gives endurance + wand

le sigh!
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Maybe I am missing something but won`t the wand be the best one, seeing how you`ll always have one?

Ascendant

Maybe I am missing something. Can't you just get them all?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Ascendant

You can get them all, it will just take a long time... I went earth for staves and wands.

I use a sword and totem and I PVP a lot, so I'm going Life then Death.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Champion

Yes dmg bonus is only to rift creatures and doesnt increase your 'death' dmg, however its just the idea that perhaps tier TWO may or may not have dmg modifiers based on element type.

Also the resist is universal.
    Death resist for ROS imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarlog View Post
    That's what I was thinking, even though none of my specs does any fire damage.
    The type of you damage you do doesn't have anything to do with it.

There are 4 colors for each tree.

Red, which increases our intelligence based upon a weapon we're wielding (staff, wand, dagger/sword, totem). Yellow, which just flat out increase a stat. Blue (I can't remember what these do). And a single purple one that gives a passive bonus.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast