+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a spec to solo Chronicles?

Champion of Telara

Default Anyone have a spec to solo Chronicles?

I have read about other classes soloing the Chronicle duo content, is there a good spec for a mage to solo them?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

i used a chloro/ele build, and just synthed my tank pet. worked great. was able to do all 3 chronicles with no issues.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Chloro/ele or necro/lock/chloro

Champion of Telara

can you link the specs?
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Soulwalker

I was just using my 51/11 chloro dom spec, mind you every time I tried them they glitched out so never actually completed a full one. Was going to try chloro lock to speed things up but the PTS was down the last time I tried.
    Ravlin
    GP 4/4 || DH 4/4 || GSB 5/5 || RoS 4/4 || HK 4/11
    Sublimity @ Greenscale

Rift Disciple DemonicalConvicted's Avatar

standard necro/lock works fine for soloing em... got the CDs if anything becomes too hard and soulpurge to keep yourself alive

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

I plowed through them pretty easily with a standard 34/31+1 SC/Ele spec.

Use the Earth Elemental, disable auto casting of his abilities. Send him in to attack, use Thud, use Earthquake, AoE till dead. You will usually pull one or two mobs off the Earth Elemental so stand in melee range so they'll still be hit by your AoE.

Basically everything will die before you take enough damage to kill you. Drink and repeat.

Edit: They are incredibly easy so there are countless specs that will work very well.
    Last edited by bluedot; 09-27-2011 at 12:37 PM.

I did it with Mesks PvP Chlorolock spec. 51 point Chloro would probably fare just as well, if not better.

Telaran

Hi

For taking on normal Elite mobs solo, I find that I do well with 40/26 Ele/Warlock, as I find that the pet heal seems to beat anything that Chloro offers for pet healing, and the extra perks from Warlock are nice. Specifically the extra hps for the tank pet, and devouring shadows is nice to kill off the adds easily.

Would this work ok for the chronicles, or do I need to respec into Chloro to be effective?

Many Thanks in advance....

Telaran

Personally I do all my solo questing with a 32 Ele / 23 Pyro / 11 Chloro build. Tank pet, Quicken Elements, Spores, Ice Shield, Bloom, Channel Elements, Firestorm, Fireball... it's got everything I need to handle just about anything that wasn't designed for a 5-man party.

Champion

I just use my 51 chloro...

Shadowlander

Cleared them all with 51 pyro.... too lazy to do anything else, assuming you have the gear, you should be able to burn most of the bosses before they really even get a hit on you.

note: GSB is harder than Hammerknell chronicle and wouldnt suggest pyro for this but hammerknell i flew through.

As far as the attunement chronicle shadavarian (think i spelled it right) anyways, helps to have flicker to get away from his laser, and heatwave can help you burn him down quick while he is in his stunned stage.

Chlorolock, Necrolock, ScChloro, PyroChloro

Edit : 51 pyro, lol wtf baddie pvp spec
    Last edited by Arcanas; 09-28-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

I did the HK one on PST with my 32 chloro 32 dom 2 archemage pvp spec.

my guess is there are many specs that will work, what works for you will also depend on your gear level.

I am sure anything with either necro or elementalist is a fair bet. I remember when I was still a fairly fresh lvl 50, 51 elementalist with most of the rest of the points into archon (to buff the pet) was quite effective against harder elites. Nowadays I mosrtly take down hard mobs with my 32chloro 32dom spec. That is partly because it is efficient and partly because i really really need more roles and dont have any space for a real solo spec.

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Ascendant

I'm sure it can work with a good old defile necro too. If it goes bad.. just FD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast