+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone have a spec to solo Chronicles?

Rift Disciple

soloed them with ease in my chlorolock spec. The chloro synergy crystal is actually worthwhile here, too.

I did it in my 51 Lock spec for PvP fine...
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Just did HK as Necrolock with a mixture of T1 and T2 items. My only "raid" item is the new crafted staff. I was in a hurry and pulled carelessly, had to use the 50% heal and Nedras mitigation twice, but never died, and got the mount

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    Just did HK as Necrolock with a mixture of T1 and T2 items. My only "raid" item is the new crafted staff. I was in a hurry and pulled carelessly, had to use the 50% heal and Nedras mitigation twice, but never died, and got the mount
    What did it drop of? No luck so far.

Random trash mob in the last room

Quote Originally Posted by bluedot View Post
    I plowed through them pretty easily with a standard 34/31+1 SC/Ele spec.

Use the Earth Elemental, disable auto casting of his abilities. Send him in to attack, use Thud, use Earthquake, AoE till dead. You will usually pull one or two mobs off the Earth Elemental so stand in melee range so they'll still be hit by your AoE.

Basically everything will die before you take enough damage to kill you. Drink and repeat.

Edit: They are incredibly easy so there are countless specs that will work very well.
    IMHO you all need to stop saying "They are incredibly easy" . You , have raid gear. Several of my guildies who have JUST dinged 50, (players for whom these Chronicles were intended btw) did NOT find them to be "incredibly easy". When they advertised in guild and fifty chat for partners, I got so annoyed by people saying they should just learn to play because they were " So easy" Grrrr.

Remember folks, not everyone is a raider or in full T2, or in the case of many fresh 50s...even in T1.
    Last edited by Meegs; 09-29-2011 at 02:06 PM.

OP:

Chlorolock, aoe everything. win.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Champion of Telara

Update, since I posted the original question:

I was able to solo all three easily with my normal 33Necro/33Lock solo spec.
    Last edited by Brad1959; 09-29-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Plane Walker

I messed around with specs to see which worked best for me. I used Pyro/ele for trash and Chloro/ele for bosses (with tank pet) but I found the best to be my Chlorolock pvp spec. I did all three instances and I have full T1 5 man dungeon gear. I suspect new level 50's would need some sort of chloro spec and some healing/mana pots.
    Last edited by Zartanic; 09-29-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Rift Chaser

Here ya go, absolutely unkillable. You have one AOE that builds charge, and another that uses it. Both you and your pet are tanks and can take quite a bit of damage. Opportunity procs for lightling strike. Pull every thing with lifeleech with petattack macroed, round em up, aoe them down. Great for single target or groups. This is my normal running around farming spec.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z....Vtck0gkhz.xdh

Rift Disciple

I use a Pvp spec of Clorolock (44w/12c) with almost full p6 equipment and haven't any problems clearing GSB, not tried the second yet.

Soulwalker

I did GSB solo.
    My guild has just started progressing through HK, so I have full GSB/RoS set + a ring from HK.
    First I tried a lock/necro spec with defile + soul purge. I killed the first boss and thrash up till Oracle. But it turned out with that few points in necromancer the skelly pet died too fast. So I swapped to a SC/Elem spec (standard raid spec 34/32) And killed Oracle. then I went for Joleen. but pulled some roaming thrash adds on the way and died, so I changed to a 51pt chloro spec and didn't have any trouble at all after that.
    A little slower yes, but very safe kills.

At my gear level I'm sure that necro would have worked too if I put some more points in to pet skills.
    Last edited by Gambold; 09-30-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Soulwalker

GSB/RoS geared.

tryed my pryo spec with the chunky elemental pet. After 2 wipes cause the pet had big aggro problems, i chamges to my necrolock spec and used the melee pet.

Soloed gsb/hk in just under 60 mins with my trusty melee per, Bob.
    Was quite easy compared to when i soloed em with my warrior.

Champion

Ive been using 31/35 Necro/Lock, specced into the Mage pet for the AoE. I can farm all the trash in cGSB in ~4 minutes. I can usually pull 2-3 packs at once depending on what cooldowns I have up.
    Last edited by FireWraith; 09-30-2011 at 06:22 AM.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

If you are a fresh 50 I would advise 32 chloro 34 lock.

P8 / T4: <it doesn't matter what I think you will do whatever you want to anyhow.>
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2