+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tweaked Pyro/Ele

Default Tweaked Pyro/Ele

Here I've tweaked the Pyro/ele spec to be a little more towards pet damage and pet self-buff but still doing good player damage, I'd like some viable opinions on my spec and if any improvements could be made that I would be missing.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Apz.xchsbuczxo

The rotation is you basic pyro/ele.

Apply stacks of pillaging stone.
    Spam your Flame Bolt/Fireball macro
    Keep Internalized charge and Exposure up as much as possible.
    Shoot off Cinderburst when it procs off of Pyromancers Armor,

For fights like matron, I'll blow intensify elements then heatwave and have a fireball frenzy.
    But I will save the reset Intensify Elements for when the adds spawn, adding another 50% ae dmg to me and 100% to my pet.

The only macro I use is this one. You more than likely don't have to include the petcast's but I like to include them to make sure my pet casts them asap.

#show Flame Bolt
    petattack
    petcast Lightning Bolt
    petcast Ball Lightning
    petcast Electrify
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball

On fights like Matron I pull 2k dps using this spec

Once again any viable opinions would be helpful

And this is what happens when 90% of the mage community cries that Stormcaller is too hard, you get everyone swarming to one button specs without reading tooltips or knowing their calling.

You DO not want to spec 35 Ele. You gain NOTHING, your pet does about 50-100 dps IF YOU'RE LUCKY, so increasing that by several % is stupid when you could be increasing your 800 dps with pyro by 4.8%

You have this one talent called "Burning Bright"

I don't know if you know what that is but every time you put one talent point in the Pyromancer tree, you get 1.2% more fire damage!

I urge you to READ YOUR TOOLTIPS to learn your calling before asking stupid questions.

Edit: Do you even know what a bard buff does to your pet buff? It overwrites it so its USELESS in raids.

Edit #2: 2k dps on matron...I'm assuming you're aoe'ing? Stormcaller does THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED DAMAGE PER SECOND versus a petty two thousand from 35 Ele 31 Pyro
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 09-27-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Sorry, if I sound like a prick but I really hate it when people like being handed good dps rather than earning it. You earn it by learning instead of begging. Stormcaller single target dps will not be beaten by any current mage spec. I encourage you to go learn that spec instead of spamming fireball while praying for a Cinderburst proc or Fireball DoT.

I'm running 34/32 because I stopcast aoe spam but I only use pyro on fights where Stormcaller is not viable, every other fight I will be using the best and most difficult spec because I am on the competitive scene.
    Last edited by ChinesePanda; 09-27-2011 at 05:35 AM.

i actually did not know that the bard buff overwrote that thank you for telling me, if i had known that before I wouldn't have bothered specing this way.

That's why I posted here was so I can get opinions of people and learn how to improve on my spec's and gaming capabilities. thank you for posting a viable opinion, we need more of this in the mage forums.

and if you don't mind me asking, why do you put 2 points into Wildfire instead of Improved Grounding

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RahlRichard View Post
    i actually did not know that the bard buff overwrote that thank you for telling me
    And knowing is half the battle.

~ G.I. Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ChinesePanda View Post
    Sorry, if I sound like a prick but I really hate it when people like being handed good dps rather than earning it. You earn it by learning instead of begging. Stormcaller single target dps will not be beaten by any current mage spec. I encourage you to go learn that spec instead of spamming fireball while praying for a Cinderburst proc or Fireball DoT.

I'm running 34/32 because I stopcast aoe spam but I only use pyro on fights where Stormcaller is not viable, every other fight I will be using the best and most difficult spec because I am on the competitive scene.
    Do u think in 1.5 with 2 pc hk bonus itll catch up to sc st?

Telaran

I'm not sure if it was ever fixed but macroing the Air Elementals abilities use to prevent it from doing anything, it would just sit there and keep trying to recast Lightening Bolt over and over. I'm not sure since I haven't tried macroing the Air Elementals abilities since i noticed it a while back.

Simple dummy test should do but I'm at work and can't at the moment.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    t3 pyro crystall gets you about 150dps with the "standard" pts t3 gear, selfbuffed.
    with archon cast speed buff that should scale better than the +105 sp that SC gets.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Adetia View Post
    I'm not sure if it was ever fixed but macroing the Air Elementals abilities use to prevent it from doing anything, it would just sit there and keep trying to recast Lightening Bolt over and over. I'm not sure since I haven't tried macroing the Air Elementals abilities since i noticed it a while back.

Simple dummy test should do but I'm at work and can't at the moment.
    This is still the case.
    EDIT: At least on Live.
    Last edited by cyborg99; 09-27-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99 View Post
    This is still the case.
    EDIT: At least on Live.
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Morale of the story: Don't macro the Air Elemental abilities.

i actually did not know that the bard buff overwrote that thank you for telling me, if i had known that before I wouldn't have bothered specing this way.

That's why I posted here was so I can get opinions of people and learn how to improve on my spec's and gaming capabilities. thank you for posting a viable opinion, we need more of this in the mage forums.
    You're welcome and once again, I apologize for my language but it was early in the morning and this is my pet peeve.

and if you don't mind me asking, why do you put 2 points into Wildfire instead of Improved Grounding
    If I'm putting a 32nd point in Elementalist, it is for Channel Elements which is already a Combat Mana Regen ability. I prefer having 2/3 Wildfire for when I need to move around, I have several instant cast Flame Bolts at my disposal.
    2/3 Improved Grounding seems like a waste when I already specced specifically for Channel Elements.

But come 1.5, I will probably be changing my spec.

The 2 piece set bonus from Pyro will not allow it to catch up to SC in single target dps.
    As of now, SC is 150-200 dps ahead of Pyro on the dummy and, in a fight where both Pyro and SC are viable for ST dps, it is over 300 dps ahead still.

Both specs with the 4 piece, SC will still come out ahead.

I see the Pyro crystal as the easy way out for people who cannot play SC to at least put out some decent numbers. I have already purchased the SC crystal but will purchase the Pyro crystal as my 2nd since I use Pyro on several fights.

Ascendant

lol ur talking about matron and then ur talking about using exposure

some guilds must not like to maximize dps
    Killianx<Addiction> - Gnarlwood
    Formerly Killianx/Boosted of <Voodoo>
    Back after a Hiatus
    My TwitchTV

Plane Touched

when op tells to macro air pet abilities, tells me he didn't even test out his spec before posting this..

Maybe, but I'm still getting the SC crystal

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast