+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Mage Flag running spec?

Soulwalker

Default Best Mage Flag running spec?

So I'm rank 8 and one of the last achievements I need for all my wf achievements is running flags in whitefall. Anyone have any input on what the best running spec could be, I guessing chloro/lock, but might be wrong. Thoughts? Links? Thanks.

General of Telara

I would have to think something that has an increased run speed ability first off imo, along with with a break free from roots/stuns etc then lock for Neddras i would say. As you are going to get hit very hard

there is goign to be a few options tbh, hopefully someone has a good one already and can post a link to the build they are using.
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-27-2011 at 12:55 AM.

JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elgarr View Post
    I would have to think something that has an increased run speed ability first off imo, along with with a break free from roots/stuns etc then lock for Neddras i would say. As you are going to get hit very hard

there is goign to be a few options tbh, hopefully someone has a good one already and can post a link to the build they are using.
    go ride of the wind (SC) AND FLICKER (pyro) this is not the best spec but it is the fastest one we have ....

Rift Disciple

I've had some luck with a couple of different builds. I have run with 34 Pyro/16 Archon/16 AM - this gives you flicker, break free, root, two shields, and a snare that boosts your run speed. I've also done well with a 45 Lock/16 Necro/5 AM build that uses Neddra's and Shadow Life for survivability and tosses dot's over the shoulder to wear down pursuers.
    Zirak: Mage of <The Purge>
    Guardian of Seastone, formerly of Faemist

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Chloro pyro?
    Last edited by Fik; 09-27-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Shadowlander

Rift Master

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...zRo.McV.xx0R0f

Enjoy, I've run through entire enemy teams unassisted on whitefall with this spec.

+Hastened Withdrawl
    +Extra HP
    +Self Healing
    +Spam cleanse and full Cleanse on short cooldown
    +Break Free and Unleashed abandon
    +Essence Surge
    +Reflect
    +Wild Growth
    +A Shield, plus I use the Whitefall Trinket as well.

Basically you run along spamming Cleanse to remove snares and dots and heal debuffs and all that, make sure a Circle of Life is always up pre Bloom, instants like Ruin/Neural Prod/Corrosion to proc it.
    You get hit with the killer debuffs like Stormshackle, Deny that right off.
    Save Break Free for the stuns. Melee get screwed by Hastened Withdrawl, Mages can't keep up and hardcast and their dots get cleansed. Marks proc HW on you.

Pick up shard, head straight for speed boost, run straight up the middle. If no one is in their base you can even be in Pyro spec initially, double Flicker with Heatwave to the Blue ball, spec change then grab it.

And as a plus, this spec is excellent as a straight up warfront heals as well.
    Last edited by Mezkh; 09-28-2011 at 04:38 AM.

Rift Master

Mind you, if you purely wanted to just run flags, then I'd say you can't beat this. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...Ro.xhkz.Ex0R0b

Losing Deny for Icy Vortex and Ride the Wind.

+ Reply to Thread