+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hopp

Thread: Help with Chloromancer

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Aikeiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    102

    Default Help with Chloromancer

    My mage is level 40 and I decided to try out Chloromancer since I like healing. I'm using a 51 / 10 / 5 spec, Chloro, Warlock, Elementalist.

    What spells should I be using?

    Thanks =)

  2. #2
    Soulwalker blakeman8192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Mage is level 40.
    51 chloro...


    ...what?

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Aikeiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blakeman8192 View Post
    Mage is level 40.
    51 chloro...


    ...what?

    It shouldn't be hard to figure out the Chloro tree isn't fully filled in yet =p.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Mortosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    151

    Default

    I am currently lvl 40 as well. Here is my spec . . .

    LVL 40 - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...V0m.EdIhzI0zRo

    LVL 50 - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...qxo.EdIhzI0zRo

    I use my chlorolock spec in pvp only and run with a necrolock while leveling. In the 30 - 39 warfronts I usually was in the top 4 in damage and healing. Its really been fun to play and I was really helpful to the team.
    Last edited by Mortosa; 09-26-2011 at 10:57 PM.

  5. #5
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aikeiko View Post
    It shouldn't be hard to figure out the Chloro tree isn't fully filled in yet =p.
    Then you're not using a 51/10/5 build. There's a huge difference between healing with an 51 build and healing with a sub-51 build. At level 40 you can't have Void Life, the 51 point spell, which will be your main healing spell in your 51/10/5 build for tank healing. However at level 40 your main spells are Nature's Touch and Vile Spores.

    Build should be something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRq.xx.gdIuqIczRo.c

    Cast Radiant Spores in the beginning of the fight and do a Nature's Touch, Vile Spores, Vile Spores rotation. Your priority is casting NT on every cooldown. Bloom and Flourish when needed. Use Nature's Fury and Corrosion on multiple mob pulls. You can use Ruin on cooldown as well if you want but I like to keep it for when I have to move. (try to use these instead of VS, not NT as NT heals much more than VS, so casting NT on every cooldown is your number one priority, this can't be emphasised enough) Oh and ALWAYS use Lifebound Veil for tank healing and make sure Synthesis is on the tank. Use Entropic Veil whenever above 80 charge.

  6. #6
    Rift Master Pope Zaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    649

    Default

    I'm running Chloro/Archon build, but the rotation and advice are the same as what Hopp said. Check out the Bluedots guide:

    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/

  7. #7
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Then you're not using a 51/10/5 build. There's a huge difference between healing with an 51 build and healing with a sub-51 build. At level 40 you can't have Void Life, the 51 point spell, which will be your main healing spell in your 51/10/5 build for tank healing. However at level 40 your main spells are Nature's Touch and Vile Spores.

    Build should be something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRq.xx.gdIuqIczRo.c

    Cast Radiant Spores in the beginning of the fight and do a Nature's Touch, Vile Spores, Vile Spores rotation. Your priority is casting NT on every cooldown. Bloom and Flourish when needed. Use Nature's Fury and Corrosion on multiple mob pulls. You can use Ruin on cooldown as well if you want but I like to keep it for when I have to move. (try to use these instead of VS, not NT as NT heals much more than VS, so casting NT on every cooldown is your number one priority, this can't be emphasised enough) Oh and ALWAYS use Lifebound Veil for tank healing and make sure Synthesis is on the tank. Use Entropic Veil whenever above 80 charge.
    Low level chrolo should prob. go max heals instead of short changing themselves on call of the spring. If they want extra hps then 0 point archon and put more in warlock.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    I'm running Chloro/Archon build, but the rotation and advice are the same as what Hopp said. Check out the Bluedots guide:

    http://bluedots.org/2011/04/30/mage-leveling-specs/
    That chloro/archon build is a horrible main tank heal for leveling in LFG. I have also leveled a tank in LFG had many wizards try to heal me with that spec and they sucked at it. That is not a tank heal spec, it is a support spec. Wizards who went max chloro were the ones that that had the easiest time keeping my tank up as I leveled. In fact max chloro builds did just as well as cleric healers. If you want a main tank heal, for LFG leveling then at the very least go chlorolock.

    If you gonna use archon it should look more like this for tank healing. If you are going for support then bluedot's build is fine.

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqVczoo.hMfc
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 09-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Archemys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    i might just think natural splendor looks cool..... but it is pretty helpful to have. It's a 44 point ability. Does great AOE damage and heals at the same time w\ life giving veil.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

  10. #10
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    A few more tips that should be mentioned.

    Radiant Spores does not generate argo, so you can cast it before the tank even engages the mobs.

    Corrosion is one of your heals spells, use it often. It eats up very little charge and it can heal for a good amount. Just don't get you self cleaved or hit with an AoE when using it; if you don't feel comfortable getting that close fine, but don't forget that it is there when you need that extra healing.

    Don't forget natural conversion either, it is a nice heal when facing spell casting mobs.

    Withering veins is useless, don't use it.

    So a typical pull might go like this:

    Cast Radiant Spores

    Tank pulls

    Spam your bolt spells

    Tank has argo; run up behind mobs hit corrosion.

    Spam your bolt spells and refresh radiant spores and corrosion as needed.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 09-27-2011 at 11:53 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    note : corrosion only heals on the first tick. good spell though, lots of damage. not always ideal in pve. VERY good in pvp.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Jeremiahcp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    note : corrosion only heals on the first tick. good spell though, lots of damage. not always ideal in pve. VERY good in pvp.
    That's wrong, they fixed it. It heals on every tick.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    That's wrong, they fixed it. It heals on every tick.
    wow, really?! was that a recent fix? I've been out for a few weeks.. NICE I will test next time I'm on.
    Last edited by ururu; 09-27-2011 at 02:52 PM.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Low level chrolo should prob. go max heals instead of short changing themselves on call of the spring. If they want extra hps then 0 point archon and put more in warlock.
    You use Bloom and Flourish pretty much on CD at lower levels, so Call of the Spring is very useful (actually I meant to put 5/5 there and 0 to Accelerated Growth, don't know what happened :P). I tend to agree with 0 point archon but since the OP is aiming for 51/10/5, something like this should be the path to that. 0 Archon is only good if you don't forget to cast 5xPillaging Stone and don't forget to refresh it before it falls off. And when you have time to cast it. With PUG tanks in a leveling dungeon it can be hard to find 2 seconds to cast a nonhealing spell during fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    wow, really?! was that a recent fix? I've been out for a few weeks.. NICE I will test next time I'm on.
    it was fixed in like 1.3 :P

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    it was fixed in like 1.3 :P
    I was able to verify this right before the servers went down for 1.5 update. nice!

    I don't really pay attention to patch notes, mostly because I don't trust them. Sometimes it gets me in trouble..

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts