+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Fun with storm before 50

Default PVP Fun with storm before 50

haven't seen much on this but once i hit 44 i want to do some stormcaller before I hit 50 and since once i get there probably wont do storm till R6.. what would you guys suggest pairing with storm at level 44? was thinking perhaps 44storm/14dom or 44storm/5am/rest into dom... or maybe some in ele for crit.. not sure haven't done much stormcaller for pvp yet was waiting till I had enough for lightning burst
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Rift Chaser

I would keep the 44 sc and 5 am and throw the rest in lock. Stormcaller has lots of nice charge abilities and increased charge gain helps to keep your offensive and defensive abilities up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrower View Post
    I would keep the 44 sc and 5 am and throw the rest in lock. Stormcaller has lots of nice charge abilities and increased charge gain helps to keep your offensive and defensive abilities up.
    sounds good was considering lock as well.. figure opportunity would help out as well as the much needed mana return
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Shield of Telara

Lock is a pretty safe bet. I forget how many points you have to mess around with at that level, but if you can squeeze 8 into ele for the increased crit chance on lightning strike, you'll get yourself another big nuke to use. If you're using lightning burst a lot, use lightning strike(or if you had charge and set yourself up right, arctic blast) before you hit em with lightning burst and wipe your electrified stacks. Lightning burst is a good finisher, so be sure their hitpoints are a bit low by hitting them with another nuke before burst.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveJones View Post
    Lock is a pretty safe bet. I forget how many points you have to mess around with at that level, but if you can squeeze 8 into ele for the increased crit chance on lightning strike, you'll get yourself another big nuke to use. If you're using lightning burst a lot, use lightning strike(or if you had charge and set yourself up right, arctic blast) before you hit em with lightning burst and wipe your electrified stacks. Lightning burst is a good finisher, so be sure their hitpoints are a bit low by hitting them with another nuke before burst.
    at 44 if i go full 44 into storm you have 14 points to distribute elsewhere...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    at 44 if i go full 44 into storm you have 14 points to distribute elsewhere...
    Yeah, looks like you'd have to choose b/w either ele or lock, and definitely put at least 5 into archmage(can you do that sub 50?) for damage, break free + detaunt. Depends on your play style, if you are good at positioning and not being seen i'd take the nuke in ele(more points will get you some damage mitigation), but if you tend to get spotted a lot(which is easy as sc) I would go for lock if only for the extra charge so you can ride the wind a lot more reliably.

Yeah, looks like you'd have to choose b/w either ele or lock, and definitely put at least 5 into archmage(can you do that sub 50?) for damage, break free + detaunt. Depends on your play style, if you are good at positioning and not being seen i'd take the nuke in ele(more points will get you some damage mitigation), but if you tend to get spotted a lot(which is easy as sc) I would go for lock if only for the extra charge so you can ride the wind a lot more reliably.
    thanks yea i think im going to wait till 45 and go 44/10lock/5am.. yea you can go 5AM before 50

Id recommend 44 SC, 5 AM rest into ele for extra crit on CB spam and some faux valor damage reduction. I can see Lock being good instead of Ele though. Opportunity would be nice if you are softening people with CB and then throw out an insta LB. I tend to soften when CB while building storm, get a few stacks, toggle the 20% damage ability then toss out an AB followed by a LB. Kinda hard to survive that.
    Last edited by Weakest; 09-26-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

I say ele for the crit. If LB doesn't one-shot your target you have to do the whole 8 second set up again, so you definantly want it to crit. And lightning strike can be used to finish someone off who survived a LB.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

thanks for the tips will give it a shot

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post
    I say ele for the crit. If LB doesn't one-shot your target you have to do the whole 8 second set up again, so you definantly want it to crit. And lightning strike can be used to finish someone off who survived a LB.
    This is backward >.<. lightning burst consumes all electrified stacks, there's little nuking to be done once that happens. Should be using lightning strike first, take off a good chunk and let lightning burst finish em, he's a fresh 50, there's no one shotting people at full health, even if they are low rank

he's a fresh 50, there's no one shotting people at full health, even if they are low rank
    actually this is for level 45 not 50.. i dont plan on using SC at 50 until R6 or so..

Ascendant

good help given earlier on spec.. get the 15% damage then crit for sure

raging storm -> ice shear -> <trigger 20% damage buff> -> lightning burst

should kill people even at 45.
    Last edited by ururu; 09-27-2011 at 06:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread