+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for low lvl build to actually kill in pvp

Soulwalker

Question Looking for low lvl build to actually kill in pvp

Currently in the lvl 20+ WF's.

Primarily I'm running a chloro/AM build for pvp, which is good and very supportive for the team, but doesn't really have the umph to drop a target.

I've had some success using the necro/lock leveling build from bluedot in pvp, but not really the cannon that I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a build that can kill at least one target before being sent to the graveyard. Mainly as a stress release from my main healing pvp build.

Pyro? SC? Dom? Arch? What are some good low lvl builds to just drop someone hard & fast?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KarmicLynx View Post
    Currently in the lvl 20+ WF's.

Primarily I'm running a chloro/AM build for pvp, which is good and very supportive for the team, but doesn't really have the umph to drop a target.

I've had some success using the necro/lock leveling build from bluedot in pvp, but not really the cannon that I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a build that can kill at least one target before being sent to the graveyard. Mainly as a stress release from my main healing pvp build.

Pyro? SC? Dom? Arch? What are some good low lvl builds to just drop someone hard & fast?

Thanks
    put 11 in archon, 8 in chloro and rest into pyro.. currently im level 40 and actually have 18 chloro(but at your level id stick with 8) but I easily top KB's and damage.. its pretty sad actually the 40-49 bracket is pretty weak right now.. but was able to take out 48 and a 49 at same time at level 40 with this build... also got jumped in shimmersand by 43 cleric and 48 rogue and took them both out.. its pretty fun..
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    put 11 in archon, 8 in chloro and rest into pyro..
    So I'm guessing something like :
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zzIR.VMco.ec0xzk.xd

Insta bloom for a bit of healing out of chloro.
    Leeching flames from archon.
    and the rest in pyro, ultimately shooting for pyro armor and wildfire?

this was my points distro at 29 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zzIR.VoLo.ebzoukz.xd and 49 http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...ouusuzs.xdhhzh dont really plan on using this at 50...
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-26-2011 at 10:09 AM.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.

Shadowlander

Thanks
    So at low levels this doesn't really exist for any soul. You can go pyro if want, but you don't have the SC to really make it hit very hard. Necro/lock is great, but its mostly about dots and spread those out. SC/Elem is heh at that level. Personally, I preferred to go chloro/lock at that level. You can pretty much top damage and healing if done right. You aren't going to "drop someoen hard and fast" but then again, nobody is at that level.

Look at bluedots guide for chloro/lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayon View Post
    So at low levels this doesn't really exist for any soul. You can go pyro if want, but you don't have the SC to really make it hit very hard. Necro/lock is great, but its mostly about dots and spread those out. SC/Elem is heh at that level. Personally, I preferred to go chloro/lock at that level. You can pretty much top damage and healing if done right. You aren't going to "drop someoen hard and fast" but then again, nobody is at that level.

with the build i posted you can drop people pretty damn easy and only gets better i was getting 20KB's easy in codex matches in the 30-39 bracket

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bayon View Post

Yes, I use bluedots necro/loc guide (primarily for leveling) and the chloro/loc/am (primarily for PvP). And will probably continue to use chloro/loc/am for PvP.

What actually caused my goal of finding a pvp stress relief was the garden wf's last night. It was horrible. The first rush to get the fang ended with 0 points for the guardians. All of us died and we couldn't kill a single one of them.

My goal isn't really to beat the overwhelming force, but to just take down ONE of them before I get slaughtered.

Yes, I use bluedots necro/loc guide (primarily for leveling) and the chloro/loc/am (primarily for PvP). And will probably continue to use chloro/loc/am for PvP.

What actually caused my goal of finding a pvp stress relief was the garden wf's last night. It was horrible. The first rush to get the fang ended with 0 points for the guardians. All of us died and we couldn't kill a single one of them.

My goal isn't really to beat the overwhelming force, but to just take down ONE of them before I get slaughtered.
    if its a good group stacked with healers no build is going to help you unfortunately.... dont have that one shot kinda damage until you get about Rank 6...
    Last edited by sanosuke; 09-26-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Be like every other Mage out there and abuse the **** out of Soul Purge. Literally.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Korain View Post
    Be like every other Mage out there and abuse the **** out of Soul Purge. Literally.
    I can't even remember the last time I used soul purge. In theory it would be awesome at rank 8 but screw spec'n that when

32 chlo / 32 lock / 2 am
    51 sc / 15 am / 0 arch
    31 dom / 31 pyro / 4 am

are so viable..

But anyway at low levels, particularly 20-39, necro lock owns. Use it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by sanosuke View Post
    if its a good group stacked with healers no build is going to help you unfortunately.... dont have that one shot kinda damage until you get about Rank 6...
    I'm still going to try the build you suggest. It looks good.
    It's not like our team was insta-gibbed. I stood out there as chloro healing and casting for a decent time before we were overwhelmed.
    I usually hang in back and have some time to cast before I get focused. I just want to have some potential to lay out some quick hurt. Chloro/loc/am doesn't have it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Korain View Post
    Trust me, when in Nercro/loc I do that but sometimes ya just need to actually kill something. This is for one of those times.

Rift Chaser

I pretty much led damage and kills with a pyro spec in those brackets. Either with 11archon/5am/Xpyro or 10lock/5am/Xpyro.

+ Reply to Thread