+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best place for mages to grind for planar attunement points?

Default Best place for mages to grind for planar attunement points?

As the title says. Where do you think the highest xp per hour ratio will be? I put this in mage section because we can solo some things in different ways than other classes.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 09-26-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Everything I've heard from the PTS points toward Chronicles being the best source of exp for everyone.
    The only other advice I can give is complete 25 quests + all the dailies and don't hand them in until 1.5 hits, then go nuts and earn a massive exp boost.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Primal is right. Everything I have heard suggests chronicles. Some good sources may also be soloing level 50 rifts in SS and Mathos grinds with a group of 2 or 3. I have been saving artifacts to turn in until 1.5 for the small experience. The best way to get a headstart is to complete level 50 quests and wait to turn them in though.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Fik
    Rift Chaser

@primal,

Totally doing that tonight!

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Primal is right. Everything I have heard suggests chronicles. Some good sources may also be soloing level 50 rifts in SS and Mathos grinds with a group of 2 or 3. I have been saving artifacts to turn in until 1.5 for the small experience. The best way to get a headstart is to complete level 50 quests and wait to turn them in though.
    Didn't realise artifact sets would give xp and just turned in about 15 sets the other day!! doh

Chronicles seem to be the consensus otherwise the Endless Citadel with a lock spec; mass pull hit mortality collect lots of rep and xp
    World First Maelforge, Salvarola and Ultane.
    Officially quit!
    Props to my old guilds: eXile, Special Olympics, Exploit, Last Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrickle View Post
    Didn't realise artifact sets would give xp and just turned in about 15 sets the other day!! doh

Chronicles seem to be the consensus otherwise the Endless Citadel with a lock spec; mass pull hit mortality collect lots of rep and xp
    Lots of casters in the citadel. I like the towns with all the undead and wolves with plenty of buildings to hide around in Stillmoor. Mobs die quick, respawn quick, and no random elites to ruin your day.

Also, LoS works well with all the buildings.

Chronicles will probably be the best bet however.

@Primalthirst - the 25 quests turn in will be nice for the initial grind and maybe get you a server first, but the XP itself is fairly insignificant. 25x5k = 125k of the 500k for the first 100 points unless they changed values on the PTS.

@artifact turn-ins - I believe these count as quests as well.

I personally just saved up a bunch of the shimmersands dragon tokens to turn in. I grind those guys for money/cloth/etc and have enough for about 50 turn-ins at the moment.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

1. Since we haven't been able to gain XP since we hit 50, has anyone tried speed clearing normal mode dungeons on the PTS?

If the mobs are easy enough (they are) and you need rep (most people in my guild still haven't finished best friends forever) then this might be a good place to test for xp/hour. The bonus being that you can requeue for them an unlimited number of times being even better in the cases of CC/AP.

2. A duo with a reaver specced warrior who can pull agro/heal at range while you AOE might also not be a bad way to do it. You provide the DPS, they provide the tankiness. You could probably clear a lot of trash really quickly that way. My warrior can pull/clear but not nearly as fast as my mage, but also can take an absurb amount of mobs while soul sickness heals him. My mage can stop-cast fire storm or DS and go from there. Only worry being we run out of mobs pretty quickly when we do this in stillmoor out at endless citadel.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

I'm pretty sure that as the mobs are grey you get no exp.
    I've been powerleveling a friend and am clearing IT in about 10 mins easily in a Chlorolock spec.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I'm pretty sure that as the mobs are grey you get no exp.
    I've been powerleveling a friend and am clearing IT in about 10 mins easily in a Chlorolock spec.
    I would hope he was talking about normal CC and AP. Grey is grey. It has always meant no experience and I would hope it still does.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Sword of Telara

Mathos runs for DAYS.

Soulwalker

When i was getting lvl 50 the best expo was from cc/ap noraml. So i think its the same now, and there is no problem with mobs like in open world ;p

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Master Mode Dungeons give really good XP, but you need a group that can plow through them with minimal wipes to make it efficient.
    On the PTS the Chronicles can only be done once a day, and not once for each Chronicle. Just one Chronicle per day. So you won't be able to farm them, but they do give great XP.

Farming Rifts is going to become slightly more efficient as some of the very first attunments you get increase your damage against Rift mobs.

PvP Quests and Dailies seem to give the most XP so make sure you have as many of those ready to turn in as possible.
    Also the Cult Saga quest lines are great XP if you haven't done those.

[QUOTE]I'm pretty sure that as the mobs are grey you get no exp. I've been powerleveling a friend and am clearing IT in about 10 mins easily in a Chlorolock spec. QUOTE]

Primalthirst,

Thanks for the chuckle. Yes I mean AP/CC normal. The benefit of these dungeons is as follows:

1. Nice groups of mobs, closely spaced
    2. Repeatable, so no worries on spawn timers
    3. Should be easily doable by tank/dps in raid gear. Adding more people might dilute the XP a bit but would significantly speed up the process.
    4. Rep grinds for players who still need them. Should aid in enticing others to assist if you need more bodies.

My problems with mathos grinding are the limited amount of mobs and the travel time between spawns. Its not bad, but we're looking for "optimal xp/hour".

I feel the same way with questing. Killing 25 mobs @ 200xp/per should equal a quest turn in. This should be easily faster than questing and should only take a couple minutes in AP/CC.

I'm sure we'll have some parses and i'll be doing my own tests after patch hits. Lets post what we find for best average times without boring ourselves to tears or wanting to gouge our eyes out.
    Hwasung the Compulsive

lgw

Generally anything that you want to do anyway ?

Want PVP ? Do it !
    Need Eternal Dusts ? Do Rifts !
    Like Dungeons ? Go MMs !
    Need Inscribed for SynC ? Do RRs !
    Wanna raid ? Do HK !

Why ?
    Because doing two things at once with your time is so much more effective than doing just one thing, even if you might be slighty effective at that one thing. (1 + 1 > 0 + 1.2)
    Working exactly as intended.
    Last edited by lgw; 09-27-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

RIFT Community Ambassador bluedot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Need Inscribed for SynC ? Do RRs !
    Or Expert rifts since they will also give Inscribed and Crystal Sourcestone are being converted to Inscribed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast