+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 51 Warlock - 15 Archmage : My experience

  1. #1
    Telaran Kaitoyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default 51 Warlock - 15 Archmage : My experience

    Note that this is not a "let me show you how much damage I can do" topic

    I want to share the experience I had last night in Black Garden playing a rank 5 mage. (rank 4 geared still) The screenshots I provide at the bottom were 3 randomly taken screenshots from Black Garden warfronts including some rank 8 players.

    Here is the spec:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...0M0c.eeRAkqqek

    Credit goes to http://www.bluedots.org

    I suggest you read the info at the Warlock 1.4 PvP topic at bluedots.org and play around a bit with this spec.
    The macro's you can use and also the rotations can be found at that website.

    This spec has it all. I used to play Chloromancer/Warlock up to rank 4 and it was certainly the most survivability I could get with the lower ranks sets. Now that I hit rank 5 I wanted to go for damage instead.
    The 51 Warlock spec is great for doing MASSIVE amounts of aoe dmg but also pretty decent single target dps. It has the survivability of a tank with Neddra's Essence and Shadow Life and many crowd controlling spells like mass fear, fear, wither (slow), a silence and a stun.

    Here are those random screenshots I've been talking about.
    They were sorted by overall damage done.

    51 Warlock - 15 Archmage : My experience-warlock_51_1.jpg51 Warlock - 15 Archmage : My experience-warlock_51_2.jpg51 Warlock - 15 Archmage : My experience-warlock_51_3.jpg

    Feel free to explore and comment with your personal experience!

  2. #2
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    It's def the best burst option the mage currently has, been using it for a long time. So long im bored of it. Trying other specs dom specifically and really nothign can even compete, the survivability in other builds isn't even comparable. This build is one of the bests. You will die when you're cooldowns are down, but you will from time to time 2-3 shot people in. It's still better then the surivabilty in other builds.

    You stand no chance against a meele who drops breakfree and it's just you versus him. he'll purge all your coooldowns and own you in seconds. The wrong spec meeles will die very fast tho
    Last edited by Fik; 09-25-2011 at 10:20 PM.

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Your killing blows are far too low for your damage, which makes me think you're just Devouring Shadows spamming with the occasional Radiate Death thrown in.

    And don't get me wrong the AE damage is good for pressure purposes, but when a high priority target (healer, stormcaller, dominator, cabalist) gets low on life due to the AE, you'll want to hit ED and lay into the guy with Draining/Dark Fury/Void Bolt.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    This spec is honestly rediculous. In groups and even solo I may as well not have 4 other slots haha. If DS was getting the 30% crit bonus it would be completely unstoppable.

    Blood thirsty procs basically mean you can tank as well lol.

    Sure let's show off some e-peen screenshots, p6 atm without all of my gear yet ;)

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...923225728.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924000216.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924082243.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924122054.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...925123615.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...925223010.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...926125519.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...926162137.jpg/
    Last edited by Triza; 09-25-2011 at 10:33 PM.

  5. #5
    Telaran Kaitoyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Your killing blows are far too low for your damage, which makes me think you're just Devouring Shadows spamming with the occasional Radiate Death thrown in.

    And don't get me wrong the AE damage is good for pressure purposes, but when a high priority target (healer, stormcaller, dominator, cabalist) gets low on life due to the AE, you'll want to hit ED and lay into the guy with Draining/Dark Fury/Void Bolt.
    That was somehow on purpose. I tried to pressure as much as I could so my guildmate Darksteel (the rank 8 warrior with the massive amount of killing blows) could finish them off. Also, some of the damage I did was made from farming guardians that didn't want to jump off the cliff. Dots up and spread, thats why I lack the killing blows. I'll try to focus more on those , thanks for the advice
    Last edited by Kaitoyuki; 09-25-2011 at 10:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Telaran Kaitoyuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triza View Post
    This spec is honestly rediculous. In groups and even solo I may as well not have 4 other slots haha. If DS was getting the 30% crit bonus it would be completely unstoppable.

    Blood thirsty procs basically mean you can tank as well lol.

    Sure let's show off some e-peen screenshots, p6 atm without all of my gear yet ;)

    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...923225728.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924000216.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924082243.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...924122054.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...925123615.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...925223010.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...926125519.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...926162137.jpg/
    Those are some impressive screenshots! Keep up the good work

  7. #7
    Plane Walker ArchivistCarrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    496
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    I'm almost positive this spec will be nerfed in some way sooner rather than later. The amount of threads I've seen complaining about it, usually 10+ pages each, I doubt Trion will ignore the mass amount of QQ. But for now it does do incredibly well. I'd post my own screenshots but I feel like people already have enough ammunition.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

  9. #9
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    I hate to see mages nerfed but this spec simply does so much better then any other build that it must be op. If not then they've got a ton of builds to fix.

    The main reason it does so well is you have exactly 66 points in what you want for this spec. Other builds you're always short some point to that good build, this one is perfect.

    One other thing is lock shouldnt have hp bonus, it should be in another build. I think the lock builds simply come with more dps in a complimentary soul. Other souls should be doing more dps. Void bolt should not be the best single target cast spell for pvp.
    Last edited by Fik; 09-26-2011 at 06:51 AM.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Voidmind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    351

    Default

    I love 51 Warlock, without a doubt its the best damage pvp spec we have.

    But if you really want to **** with people, 51 Dom. Healers with no mana is funny

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Corian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    I love 51 Warlock, without a doubt its the best damage pvp spec we have
    Heh. Is it now?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker GLopez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    482

    Default

    Yes, it's the best PVP spec. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have much experience in serious, competitive PVP and is probably too caught up in solo play.

    I expect Devouring Shadows to get nerfed soon.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

  13. #13
    Fik
    Fik is offline
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Devouring shadows should be nerfed, in fact it drives me nuts as a mage when idiots spam that broken spell with the current exploit.

    And yes 51 lock is the best pvp dmg spec atm, bc of the burst capabilities. I've had void bolts crit for 2800 in rank 5 gear, and with opportunity it drops 2 of that 10% of the time. that is a 1 shot to some.

  14. #14
    Champion of Telara Hethroin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    Devouring shadows should be nerfed, in fact it drives me nuts as a mage when idiots spam that broken spell with the current exploit.

    And yes 51 lock is the best pvp dmg spec atm, bc of the burst capabilities. I've had void bolts crit for 2800 in rank 5 gear, and with opportunity it drops 2 of that 10% of the time. that is a 1 shot to some.
    MATH:

    10% opportunity + 57% crit rate (let's pretend the guy is P8 and has the archmage talent for +10% active.)

    .1 * .58 * .58 = 0.03364

    So that's a 3.36% chance of getting a Double Void Bolt Crit on a target every time you cast a Void Bolt. Not 10%.

    However:

    .58 * .58 * .58 = 0.195112

    That's a 20% chance of getting Void Bolt, Draining Bolt and Dark Fury to all crit.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Frizzlebot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    161

    Default

    As a mage Im looking forward to the nerf. Some bad players just spam devouring shadows and thats it. No skill yet they see nice numbers on the screen.

    Cant wait...as then they will have to use some skill.
    Better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts