+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Neown

Thread: Why does my 51Chloro/10Dom/5Archon spec shows up as support?

Champion of Telara

Default Why does my 51Chloro/10Dom/5Archon spec shows up as support?

Just wondering ...
    I am a lawyer in real life, but I try to roleplay an honorable character ;)

Rift Chaser

This was explained to me in another thread.

Chloro is support/heals, so the extra 10 roll it over to support. 61 points support compared to if it was a DPS soul you'd be mainly 51 points heals.

It isn't really because it is "support"
    If you go 51 archon and you used...lets say 15 points in elementalist you show up as DPS. In fact if you take any DPS tree on mages will do this on archon if you take 15 points into it (or 10/5)
    The same seems to apply for Chloro, but only for support trees. If you take points into archon or dominator you end up showing up as support. It is hardly intended and should just be flatout reported. It isn't because chloro is magically transformed into support or because its classed as "support/heals".
    Last edited by wallweasels; 09-10-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Champion of Telara

It is wierd, because my 34 Chloro/32Lock spec shows up as Healer, not Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad1959 View Post
    It is wierd, because my 34 Chloro/32Lock spec shows up as Healer, not Support.
    In cases of split trees it just picks whichever has the highest points.

IE Chloro is a healer..you are a healer. 34 Lock would show you as a healer. Taking, lets say, 34 Dominator makes you support, same with archon. It is just 51s that tend to act weird.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 09-10-2011 at 04:10 PM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Forgive me for asking but, why do you put 5 points into archon? 51 chloro / 15 dom would be far superior (if you get improved mana wrench) than 6 points into archon.
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

51chloro/11dom/4ele....The 11th point in Dom is for Arresting Presence ( For some trash / works nicely on Zilas as well)

51 chloro/7 Dom/8 Lock also shows as Support while 51 archon/0 Dom and 16 Pyro shows dps.

Irritates the hell outta me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Telaran

It's all good, man. With the support flag, you don't have quite as big a target painted on your backside in PvP, and you look more impressive when you solo heal dungeons from a supposed 'support' spec. :P

I'm a bit curious on the 5pt Archon too. 6pt Archon (1pt Exhilaration) at least would passively give you near infinite mana, but it would cost you Deny.
    Last edited by OniGanon; 09-10-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Telaran

5 pts in archon is +5% crit chance.

If you spec 10 points dom for deny (and reflective command for people who run GP regularly) you have 5 points to spend somewhere and the general view is 5% crit is the best option if you want to heal better.

Arresting presence is an interesting thought though.

Edit: Wait, no, scratch that, it's 5 points elementalist that give you that, not archon, so, I dunno why archon then.
    Last edited by Athiator; 09-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Rift Disciple

Can only assume he's going for the endurance aura buffs. Think you'd get more bang for your buck by putting that elsewhere (Warlock or Elementalist for instance).

And he's a chloro. He has near-infinite mana even without Exhilaration as he has Chloro's mana regen talents to keep him up, plus the Dom Mana Wrench. Even a normal Mana Wrench is 24% of your max mana every 25 seconds, and although you'll sacrifice some healing to use it you won't need it except in rare situations.

Champion of Telara

Actually, it was a mistake ... it is 51Chloro/9Dom/6Archon for the shield.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by wallweasels View Post
    In cases of split trees it just picks whichever has the highest points.

IE Chloro is a healer..you are a healer. 34 Lock would show you as a healer. Taking, lets say, 34 Dominator makes you support, same with archon. It is just 51s that tend to act weird.
    Yes and it can be a pain in WF's where people are expecting mega direct heals from you (although I do use flourish)
    Last edited by Zartanic; 09-12-2011 at 03:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread