+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Seriously Trion Whats with mages atm??

Default Seriously Trion Whats with mages atm??

Ok so now I have evidance of current state of PvP mages, Stormcallers.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tmagesout.png/

Click to enlarge

Attacks used:

Lightning Burst:
    Blasts the enemy with lightning, dealing 163 to 171 Air damage. Damage is increased by 50% for each stack of Electrified on the enemy. Deals 10% of the total damage done to the targeted enemy to up to 5 other enemies within 7 meters for each stack of Electrified on the targeted enemy. Removes all stacks of Electrified from the targeted enemy.

> 5 enemys

Arctic Blast:
    Blasts the enemy and up to 10 other enemies within 7 meters with ice, dealing 103 to 107 Water damage, reducing their movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds and causing affected enemies to suffer from Hypothermia for 10 seconds.

> 10 enemys

Now seriously hitting 5-10 people for basically 6k criticals and 1 shotting most of em. And they nerf warriors?? Also mages can self heal WTF is this?

BTW I have 851 valor and 35% spell reduction in talents.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-05-2011 at 10:04 PM.

so 34% in valor + 35% in talents = 69%, so mages are currently hitting for (critical) 16000

16000 - 69% = 4960

Not even funny.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-05-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Shield of Telara

Lol killed by a stormcaller.

l2p

Move along.

nice reply, -1 rep point for un-orginality

also tell me how L2P against 6k+ criticals? Since your so clever.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-05-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Shadowlander

Another whinning pvp post about how mages are OP.

That was during full cooldowns (once every 2 minutes) while you gave him 7+ seconds to completely set up on you (serious l2play issues, SC's die in less then 7 seconds if you know what you're doing, even then if you know how to cleanse they are useless).

Also it only hits for maximum damage on you - not anyone else (they don't have 3 stacks of electrified + ice shear up)

Furthermore you only have ~ 57% reduction not 69%.

But even then I can tell you are lying because AB in full cooldowns raid buffed hits for ~ 10K, so I'm guessing you have far less then the reduction figures you gave because you simply cannot fire off 10K AB's in PvP.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Champion

Oh no..... some Mage went through 4 skills, a total of 6.5 seconds of standing stationary and casting at you, so they could burst you for 4k.

You're right, that's so OP that they had to stand there being completely vulnerable for 6.5 seconds focusing on you the whole time in order to build up to a lucky critical hit, and they probably had their cooldowns running, so they could even do it every 2 minutes!

Nerf them.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Rift Disciple

Why is it that every time a mage does anything, other than fall over dead, in PvP someone comes screaming to the forums that we are overpowered?
    Last edited by Tahrin; 09-06-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrin View Post
    Why is it that every time a mage does anything, other than fall over dead, in PvP someone comes screaming to the forums that we are overpowered?
    Cause they jelly

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ferather View Post

I'd give you a more thought out response, but after reading this one and an earlier post you put up, I decided to put as much thought into my response as you do learning how to counter other classes.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ferather View Post

If anyone is stupid enough to let a SC build up charges then pop cool downs and you still haven't stunned him or moved from Los, then sorry, you deserved everything you get.

Sorry but please L2P,people won't ever Be happy until Trion gives them a I win button they can press every 30 seconds.

It's simple, if you aren't paying attention to what debuffs/curses etc are being put on you during pvp, you really need to start learning and not come to the forums asking for a class to be nerfed because you don't know how to play.

Let me guess, you were the kid at school who took his ball home when you were losing?
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-06-2011 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    That was during full cooldowns (once every 2 minutes) while you gave him 7+ seconds to completely set up on you (serious l2play issues, SC's die in less then 7 seconds if you know what you're doing, even then if you know how to cleanse they are useless).

Also it only hits for maximum damage on you - not anyone else (they don't have 3 stacks of electrified + ice shear up)

Furthermore you only have ~ 57% reduction not 69%.

But even then I can tell you are lying because AB in full cooldowns raid buffed hits for ~ 10K, so I'm guessing you have far less then the reduction figures you gave because you simply cannot fire off 10K AB's in PvP.
    WAIT. WHAT?
    He gave the stormcaller 7+ seconds and that's why he's a noob?
    Saboteurs were nerfed beyond oblivion because they were able to deal 4-6k burst damage after 5-7 seconds.
    So it's ok for mages, but bad for rogues?

Suck my left nut, i hate this frigging community.

If anyone is stupid enough to let a SC build up charges then pop cool downs and you still haven't stunned him or moved from Los, then sorry, you deserved everything you get.

Sorry but please L2P,people won't ever Be happy until Trion gives them a I win button they can press every 30 seconds.

It's simple, if you aren't paying attention to what debuffs/curses etc are being put on you during pvp, you really need to start learning and not come to the forums asking for a class to be nerfed because you don't know how to play.

Let me guess, you were the kid at school who took his ball home when you were losing?
    Same **** here.

Oh no..... some Mage went through 4 skills, a total of 6.5 seconds of standing stationary and casting at you, so they could burst you for 4k.

You're right, that's so OP that they had to stand there being completely vulnerable for 6.5 seconds focusing on you the whole time in order to build up to a lucky critical hit, and they probably had their cooldowns running, so they could even do it every 2 minutes!

Nerf them.
    And again.

Honestly, i couldn't care less about mages.
    But if my class gets nerfed into the ground because it has high burst after 5-10 seconds setup time, i see no reason why another calling should be able too.

And i agree, the OP is exaggerating, but even 5k+ damage for one skill is far too much, if 4k damage is too much for 6 skills as a rogue (even when its backloaded, because your setup still deals some damage, charges don't).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    WAIT. WHAT?
    He gave the stormcaller 7+ seconds and that's why he's a noob?
    Saboteurs were nerfed beyond oblivion because they were able to deal 4-6k burst damage after 5-7 seconds.
    So it's ok for mages, but bad for rogues?

Suck my left nut, i hate this frigging community.

Same **** here.

And again.

Honestly, i couldn't care less about mages.
    But if my class gets nerfed into the ground because it has high burst after 5-10 seconds setup time, i see no reason why another calling should be able too.

And i agree, the OP is exaggerating, but even 5k+ damage for one skill is far too much, if 4k damage is too much for 6 skills as a rogue (even when its backloaded, because your setup still deals some damage, charges don't).

There is a big difference between spaming an INSTANT that you can do while MOVING while your target is CCed to a CAST TIME spell that you need to be STATIONARY which does break CC.
    Last edited by Klaek; 09-06-2011 at 02:24 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by klaek View Post
    there is a big difference between spaming an instant that you can do while moving while your target is cced to a cast time spell that you need to be stationary which does break cc.
    QFT

Shame some don't see that
    Last edited by Elgarr; 09-06-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Plane Touched

This was before rank 7 and 8 gear at rank 6. Figured I'd just make you even more mad.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...809033228.jpg/

A Warrior QQ'ing of all classes. You do know Warriors can kill Stormcallers in a few seconds right? Definite L2P issue.
    Last edited by Brod; 09-06-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast