+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counters to Riftblade

Rift Disciple

Default Counters to Riftblade

This may or may not be common knowledge, but Mages, specifically Doms, have alot of tools that work well vs the new FOTM warrior build.

The new popular spec for warriors is Riftblade. One of the things that make it powerful is that it does alot of non physical damage, and it has range. The spears they throw are basically spells.

But, since they are entering our realm of casting, they are realizing that their spears can be negated with silence, just like our spells.

But wait, it gets better! Not only can the spears be silenced, they can be reflected back at the Riftblade. With some testing earlier, I was able to reflect Windspear back on the Riftblade, and silence her with her own Windspear.

I forgot to test, but I am assuming that Natural conversion will work as well vs their spears.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintervoid View Post
    This may or may not be common knowledge, but Mages, specifically Doms, have alot of tools that work well vs the new FOTM warrior build.

The new popular spec for warriors is Riftblade. One of the things that make it powerful is that it does alot of non physical damage, and it has range. The spears they throw are basically spells.

But, since they are entering our realm of casting, they are realizing that their spears can be negated with silence, just like our spells.

But wait, it gets better! Not only can the spears be silenced, they can be reflected back at the Riftblade. With some testing earlier, I was able to reflect Windspear back on the Riftblade, and silence her with her own Windspear.

I forgot to test, but I am assuming that Natural conversion will work as well vs their spears.
    Wait that's news to me lol... Can you really silence their spear abilities?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    Wait that's news to me lol... Can you really silence their spear abilities?
    Yes, and I also reflected another spell. I believe it was Riftsurge, but I did not log the combat.

I would like to test some more later, but I bet that there are many abilities that Silence will affect. I would bet that some Nightblade and Voidknight abilities are affected as well. I know that bards are affected, and have silenced them in the past.

In the warrior forum, I have read complaints that Rift walk is unreliable at times. I would like to test silence on that next.
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

Rift Disciple

I did more testing w/ my wife's Warrior vs my Dominator. I just tested skills I though may be affected. I also tested her builds with Paladin and Void Knight. Neither is a 51 point build, so I may have missed some skills. Below is what worked among Silencing the Spell, Reflecting the spell and Natural Conversion. Rift walk was not affected.

Riftblade-
    Stonespear - Silence, Natural Conversion, Reflect
    Windspear - Silence, Natural Conversion, Reflect
    Flamespear - Silence, Natural Conversion, Reflect
    Rift Surge - Silence, Reflect (Forgot to test Natural conversion)
    *The Spears even reflected when used with Fork. Fork may react differently with more then one legitimate target.

Voidknight
    Soul Pillage - Silence
    Catalyze - Silence
    Disrupt - Silence

Paladin
    Touch of Life - Silence
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

Alright thanks. Tonight all my Chokes are going to these ****s.

Thank you for this OP. Payback time for all the poundings they've given me this past half a month.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-05-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread