+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gear Upgrade Calculator

Default Gear Upgrade Calculator

What is it?
    Originally started as an alternative to the BiS lists and spreadsheets floating around and only for Rogue DPS, and since today also available for the Mage class, riftupgrades.com is the easiest way to check what gear you need and where to get it.

Basically what the tool does, is using your total gear and character specifications to give you a list (per slot) of items that are an upgrade for you, and tells you how to obtain this item.

Where can I find it?
    Check it out at http://riftupgrades.com !

Why is this better then the current spreadsheets?
    Most spreadsheets are difficult to use, hard to keep updated, and only calculate one item at a time. With this website however the calculations are much more accurate and its interface is very easy to use.

Features at the moment of writing:
    - Enter all your gear, including runes and augments on crafted items.
    - Pick which talents you are using that affect the stats
    - Specify your own weights for all stats, including MH/OH and ranged DPS.
    - Filter suggestions based on their source, for example hide PvP items if you only PvE.
    - Include buffs and consumables in the calculations.
    - Set target values for Focus and Spell Power so you aren't stacking too much of either. (Spellcrit softcap calculation is done automatically, so don't worry about that)

Which items are available in the tool?
    All available gear is synchronized weekly with the latest discovery data from Trion, and I try to keep it as up-to-date as possible using websites like Xanadu's.

Do I have to enter all my gear every time?
    No, that would be dull. You can save all the information you entered (gear/runes/settings) and store them in a personalized link. Bookmark this link to make sure you don't have to enter all this stuff again!
    If you want to share this link with people without them being able to change your settings, generate a new link and set it to readonly, and you're ready to post it anywhere.
    See this link for an example: http://riftupgrades.com/magedps/?loa...76775becb92b1b

If anything is unclear, make sure to check the FAQ: http://riftupgrades.com/magedps/faq.html

Feel free to post your questions, suggestions, bugreports, whatever in this topic or in the shoutbox on the website!

PS: On the frontpage, there are separate icons for Mage DPS and Mage Support, which lead to the same gear planner. In a future update the frontpage will be changed to only have 1 Mage icon.
    PPS: I'm in the process of entering all the source info for the suggestions, so although there are quite a few 'unknown' source items now, this will be sorted during the week.
    Roobarb @ Blightweald EU - Guild: Fatality (GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | HK 6/10) - IRC: Roobarb @ irc.riftirc.com
    [ RiftUpgrades.com :: Rogue DPS | Rogue Tank | Mage | more soon.. ]

While I keep adding source info on the items in the suggestionlist, I also implement other fixes and changes. Another minor version was just pushed live with some changes:
    • Fixed small bug in score calculation on Mage site
    • Clicking 'View Upgrades' without entering an item now automatically displays the full list
    • Added loading animation while the computer is crunching numbers
    • Layout changed so people with smaller resolutions (down to 1280x800) can view the full site as well.
    Roobarb @ Blightweald EU - Guild: Fatality (GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | HK 6/10) - IRC: Roobarb @ irc.riftirc.com

Ascendant

Mage support seems to not have greater essences. Can't enter the frozen deep one tear or the crystal vine. does this not have support for greater essences? You also have ads on the left and right that cover the links to the callings.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 09-06-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Since the calculator uses stats and their weights to come up with upgrades, items like you mention can't really be weighed properly (adding a shield that absorbs x damage, what would be the equivalent of that in stats?). So if you could translate the 'value' of those items to say spellpower I could add them if you want.

About the overlapping ads, ill see if i can change it so they stay on the background if they overlap in a narrow window.

edit: overlap fixed
    Last edited by Roobarb; 09-06-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Sweet mage upgrade list. I use the rogue one and love it. Waiting patiently for the cleric one .

Telaran

This is great ^^
    is there any way you can modify the gear so that it has the drop box just like the rune ones?
    it is going to be more convenient that way, otherwise this is a nice app

It actually suggests a list when you type in the first few characters of an item Just wait a second for it to appear.

Ascendant

I couldn't access this at wrok, but if I remember correctly this may have some better information for those greaters.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...eadsheet-(v3.0)

This obviously is not my work and I do not know how accurate it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I couldn't access this at wrok, but if I remember correctly this may have some better information for those greaters.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/forums/sh...adsheet-(v3.0)

This obviously is not my work and I do not know how accurate it is.
    Yup I saw that list as well, used it to check if my scores made any sense and to add some of the trinkets, but the items similar to those you mention don't have a score there either, for the same reason.

really well done thanks for that

GSB 5/5, RoS 5/5, DH 4/4, GP 4/4, RotP 4/4, HK 11/11, 5/8 ID (HM, no-reflect Rusila). Recruitment is open. We are especially interested in a highly skilled mage!
    http://shoreline-guild.com

Telaran

I love the concept, but I'm not sure about the math. Does it force focus into the equation? I'd rather max the stats and manage focus myself. (or at least have the option)

Examples:

I have the T2 head (Thaumaturge's Headdress), yet it shows the crafted head as an upgrade (all variants of the Hood of the Flowing Dark)

I have the Cunning Tormentor's Shoulders, yet it shows unaugmented regular Tormentor's Shoulders as an upgrade.

Same as above for the robe.

Telaran

Also, I might add that I'm currently using the 'other' spreadsheet with the DPS Only sort option but find it lacking in some respects. It was obviously not designed for data mining. Data in comments? ugh. Not usefull and completely broken on LibreOffice.

One of the things I'd like the spreadsheet (or whatever) to do is to show me a wish list filtered by instance. For example... Say we are running RoS tonight. Based on current gear, what drops from what boss would I be hoping for?

Also, perhaps two armor sets to compare. If I switch out some pieces, how do the stats compare? I might lose the set bonus here, but gain something else there, etc.

Impossible with the current spreadsheet. I changed it around once to do this, but updates make this too much of a pain in the *** to keep up.

As for your site, here are some ideas:

- Enable/Disable focus in calculations
    - Maybe show +/- to other stats in the upgrade pane? This item would grant +5 int, -10 crit, +15 SP
    - Maybe show the current totals for relevant stats for current gear? int/wis/sp/sc

Great effort. Keep it up.

[edit: just found the way to fudge focus -- nevermind on that one]
    Last edited by MeechMan; 09-06-2011 at 12:26 PM.

You can actually set a Focus target and weight in the settings window (click View Settings), so you have full control over that.

edit: also you can check 'Show total stats' if you scroll down a bit in the settings window
    Last edited by Roobarb; 09-06-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeechMan View Post
    I love the concept, but I'm not sure about the math. Does it force focus into the equation? I'd rather max the stats and manage focus myself. (or at least have the option)
    Check Settings. You can tune everything there.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Telaran

Yeah, I edited my post because I saw the focus option, missed the scrollbar though.

Good stuff. I likey.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast