+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hailstorm in a BS/AB stormcaller rotation??

Default Hailstorm in a BS/AB stormcaller rotation??

I've seen this mentioned 2 or so times now. It seems odd. Is it common? Is it a DPS increase to add hailstorm to your rotation?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I've seen this mentioned 2 or so times now. It seems odd. Is it common? Is it a DPS increase to add hailstorm to your rotation?
    I've been on/off testing it over the last week in raids.

From what I've found it is plausible for it to be a DPS increase (1600+ HS ticks)- however I've found that the rotations that people use for HS are very 'tight' in the sense that there is almost no room for error and any RNG from boss fights can quiet easily result in a DPS loss (the rotations are long and difficult compared to other mage specs which isn't the probelm, I just haven't found them to be overly raid applicable). I have no parses saved or anything to prove this, and I am by no means an expert at HS rotations - it is just what I've experienced while using HS specs raiding compared to normal SC/Ele BS/AB rotations. However I could definately see it pulling ahead on fights like Matron/Sicaron where there is next to no movement - but behind on fights like Molinar/Murd/Zilas (either lots of boss movement or having to change targets)
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Hm I'll have to test it out.

By the way, it only has like a 2 second talented cast time right? I don't see how that makes rotations more complex. Surely it's just a matter of using it instead of when you would usually cloudburst x2 as a filler for lightning strike/arctic blast?
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Rift Disciple

It's not Hailstorm itself that makes it complex.
    It's keeping all the appropriate charge consumptions in line with your charge generation.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...sbo.Vtcz0toAzz
    Initial rotation - SV, PS x5, TB x2, (BS) TB...
    Initial rotation without Archon(like if Transmog or Break Free is needed) or with prestacked archon buffs is just the metronome TB x3, IS, (SF)LS(/SF), CB x5, (BS) TB...
    These will get you to about 80 charge, which is needed to get the rotation going. If Verse of Joy goes off at any time during this period, activate Building Storm. Might as well get super high stacks of BS anyway for lulz, since VoJ will keep your charge at 100.

IS, (CD), (SD), (SF), AB, LS, RS, (/SF), (/BS)
    IS, (BS), (SF), HS, (/BS), LS, (/SF), Filler, (BS),TB
    IS, (SF), AB, (/BS), LS, RS, (/SF), CB x2
    IS, LS, Filler, (BS), TB...

+ Reply to Thread