+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: the worst condition a caster class has been in in MMO history

Rift Chaser

Default the worst condition a caster class has been in in MMO history

So unlike the other classes, we cant make a viable raid specc without a pet, which is so annoying I want to rip my hair out. I have spent hundreds of Plat respeccing looking for a way, it does not exist.
    So unlike the other classes, we cannot, no matter how good and geared, top the DPS meter in raid.
    Not only can we not top it, but this is by far the HUGEST dps gap that has ever been seen in any MMO I have ever played.
    If anyone here remembers the Sunwell raid, most top guilds used 6-8 Warlocks and brought 0 mages, it was a low point for mages and the gap was considered huge. Well at that time mages were only a few hundred, (200-300) behind locks. Here right now in Rift mages are 600-1000 behind Warriors on Boss DPS, it should be considered by everyone to be one of the biggest failures in MMO balance history. If 200-300 difference is poor programming, then 1k should be a point where we should have Trions developers forced into taking drug tests or start doing background checks to see if they didnt lie about having degrees. A 1k DPS gap is NOT OK and If mages are not hotfixed very very soon I see a mass exodus happening, and Ill be going aswell.
    The DPS gap is uncalled for, and is one of the biggest failures in game balance Ive ever seen in any game in my life. I cant wait for SWTOR to come out, the developers at Bioware cant be this bad. Not only is it embarrasing that HK has been out with the largest Imbalance in MMO history staring everyone right in the face for this long without a hotfix. But the fact that Trion hasnt apologized publicly and assured us that mage DPS is going to be fixed very soon is also embarrasing.
    Now excuse me while I go test My Lock specc on the dummy, maybe Ill be lucky and hit 2k!!! while the warriors do there average 2700-3000 dps........
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-04-2011 at 01:51 PM.

the dps gap is actually alot closer now, not sure where you are getting your info from, but mages are close to or on par with rogues and about ~100dps... 200 at most dps behind warriors atm

Prophet of Telara

If you're 1k behind warrs, you're bad.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jmarz View Post
    the dps gap is actually alot closer now, not sure where you are getting your info from, but mages are close to or on par with rogues and about ~100dps... 200 at most dps behind warriors atm
    Sorry I should have mentioned, this isnt about T2's, this is about HK raiding on real bosses where Wariors are doing 2700-3000+ and mages get excited to hit 2k.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    If you're 1k behind warrs, you're bad.
    A warrior in my guild did 3.3k this week, why dont you come in and show me the magical secret then mr pro mage lol. You probably cant even hit 2k....
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-04-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Rift Chaser

BTW, if your a target dummy hero that hasnt even made it Past sicaron, your not qualified to know what your talking about.

Ohhh, so you're complaining about 1 boss where a Warrior's ability is currently not functioning as it should and thus boosting the numbers, aka Rising Waterfall on Sicaron. Did you also take Plutonius parses and include the Cypher too?

Stop using stupid fights that artificially inflate numbers because of gimmicks within the fight to try and say DPS isn't equal. I mean come on! If there was a fight that made Mage spells all instant would you use that fight as a marker for what Mage DPS looks like? NO! You wouldn't because it's stupid!

Edit: Oh, and I didn't even read the last sentence in your original post. You want to compare you DPS post on a Target Dummy to an actual boss fight with an increased damage gimmick. You truly are stupid.
    Last edited by Artorous; 09-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    Ohhh, so you're complaining about 1 boss where a Warrior's ability is currently not functioning as it should and thus boosting the numbers, aka Rising Waterfall on Sicaron. Did you also take Plutonius parses and include the Cypher too?

Stop using stupid fights that artificially inflate numbers because of gimmicks within the fight to try and say DPS isn't equal. I mean come on! If there was a fight that made Mage spells all instant would you use that fight as a marker for what Mage DPS looks like? NO! You wouldn't because it's stupid!
    Use any fight, In HK, Warriors are above mages by an average of 700-1k, EVERY SINGLE FIGHT...except for estrode, but of course that doesnt count. the fast is that no matter how you slice it, or what example you use, Warriors and mages have the largest gap ever seen in an MMO.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    Use any fight, In HK, Warriors are above mages by an average of 700-1k, EVERY SINGLE FIGHT...except for estrode, but of course that doesnt count. the fast is that no matter how you slice it, or what example you use, Warriors and mages have the largest gap ever seen in an MMO.
    Your guild is full of terribad mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Combustion View Post
    No they're not. Maybe your guilds Mages are but if you're in there then I can see why it's so far behind. The only fight where Warriors do that much DPS is on that 1 fight and that is because of how RF works with the damage buff. On EVERY other fight, single target, they are almost neck and neck. Mages > Warriors on any AoE fight.

There is no other single target fight in the game where a Warrior does more than 2500 DPS. Maybe once they get the relic gear, but then everyone else will be pushing past that too. Your guilds Mages are bad, you are bad. Stop QQing because of those facts.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzin View Post
    Your guild is full of terribad mages.
    We are top 15 in the world, it has nothing to do with us, it is the same everywhere. Look at VooDoo, probably top 2 in the world and there mages are known to be amazing. There mage did 2k on Murdantix, thats amazingly high for a mage, thats considered "PRO". But at the same time there Warriors did 2600....Its pretty simple to understand that everything Im saying are facts, if you feel differently then you just dont know what your talking about. This is the biggest DPS gap ever seen in any MMO.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Slythorh View Post
    Thatsa good mage, our warriors did more, on our meter he would be way lower.

Care to link any of the parses?

Rift Disciple

@ terrible OP: Hailstorm. That is all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast