+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which veil to use as support Chrolo?

Soulwalker

Default Which veil to use as support Chrolo?

Hello guys, I have a level 22 mage and I have 11 in chrolo to pick up synthesis and the rest in elem with dom as 3rd for a pinch CC in transmorg. I am queing in dungeons as a support.

Now, the problem I am facing is that from everything i've read synthesis on tank + lifebound veil is the way to go in fights for heavy single target healing, while lifegiving veil is for aoe heals.

But, from what I am noticing in dungeons, lifegiving veil is healing the tank for more than lifebound+synthesis.
    So, am I doing anything wrong, or are the information I am reading outdating and things have changed and lifebound+synthesis is obsolete?

Prophet of Telara

LGV = support/aoe healer
    LBV = main healer

Of course you can switch veils during combat but that's for advanced healing/situations. At your level, just stick to one veil.
    Last edited by m1nus; 09-04-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Soulwalker

THanks for the reply m1nus, but like I said, my LGV is healing for more single target than even synth+LBV. Is this intended at low levels? Because if thats the case why would I want to swap to LBV ever?

Prophet of Telara

I'm no expert, but I think you're lacking most of the key talents to make LFB any good like Natural Fusion and Living Infusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Telaran

Until you get Void Life at lv50, you should probably just stick with LGV.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    LGV = support/aoe healer
    LBV + Synthesis = main healer

Of course you can switch veils during combat but that's for advanced healing/situations. At your level, just stick to one veil.
    Fixed this before anyone comes back with QQ that "Lifebound doesn't work, I don't get tooltips"

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by OniGanon View Post
    Until you get Void Life at lv50, you should probably just stick with LGV.
    No. Pre-50 Nature's Touch is your main healing tool which heals much-much more when using LBV (Synth on the tank ofc). Since with 11 points in Chloro you don't have Nature's Touch nor Natural Fusion so sticking to LGV is a good idea.

Nature's touch also sucks with LBV until you talent it to have 60% more healing effect... it's like 4th tier... you'll need 3/3 in it to even stand a chance main healing.

In fairness, with only 11 points in Chloro you're not going to be doing a lot of healing. Even though you queue as support, there really isn't going to be much "support" going on ...
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Rift Disciple

Lifegiving Veil starts high and doesn't increase much. Lifebound Veil (+ Synthesis) starts low and gets ramped up a lot by talents and higher point investment. Living Infusion, Natural Fusion, Nature's Touch and Void Life are what make it effective. If you do want to tankheal, you need to spec into the talents above Synthesis to stay competive for mainheals.

Synthesis alone should boost it above LGV for support tankheals, though - you may running afoul of another chloro healer, who is synthing the tank and overwriting your own synth. You cannot both synthesis the same target - the later one will overwrite the earlier one. This can cause a wipe if you overwrite the main healer's with your own so if queueing as support, best just to get into the habit of using LGV. The passive AoE heals will still take some stress off a cleric healer, especially if people don't move out of the fire.

Alternatively, are you looking at the combat log and taking into account your overheals when calculating how much you're healing for? You may be keeping the tank topped up with synth and thus not taking into account some of your healing.

+ Reply to Thread