+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Veev's Mage Stat Spreadsheet Updated

Champion

Default Veev's Mage Stat Spreadsheet Updated

www.voodooguild.net/veev/magestats.xlsm

How to use:

On the first tab, click "Load" next to your preferred spec. I currently have only setup chloro, lock/necro, and sc/ele specs. If you're using a different spec, then I would just use lock/necro if it doesn't have 30% crit bonus, and sc/ele if it does have 30% crit bonus. Sc/ele is the highest single-target and AoE spec at the moment, so the spreadsheet has that loaded by default.

On the second tab (Items), click the blue sort button. This will arrange all of the items and runes (on the 3rd tab) in order of your current stat weights.

If you want to experiment with your own data, follow these steps:
    1. Load the blank custom/temporary spec
    2. Use self-buffs only, and record your int/sp/sc and average damage of your spells in the top left
    3. Use an Exalted Scroll of Intelligence and Mighty Intelligence Serum for +70 int, and record your new values (don't use pyro int buff in first step, or this step will be less accurate)
    4. Save your custom/temporary spec, and then save the spreadsheet file itself

Champion

Oh, and I know there are some other spreadsheets and such out there now. If you find this data useful, please feel free to copy it/improve it in any way you want.

Thanks for this Veev, much appreciated. Brings me back to the spreadsheet days of my rogue in WoW. =p

You've got 33/33 Stormcaller ele on there.

Normally I see 34/34 or 35/31. Can you explain what talents you took to get 33/33 and why you chose to do so?

Champion

I pretty much play Chloro full-time (since it's easier to raid lead with), so I just copied the SC/Ele spec of our top DPS mage. He pretty much obliterates our meters (all classes), so I'll see if I can get him to explain it here.

I take a 35/31 spec myself, and Im just wondering if the pet dps would really be an increase over water damage from stormcaller. Especially since all SC builds use hailstorm / arctic blast and cloudburst for dps. (Both water based spells)

Granted, its 2% water dmg over

6% pet dmg, and you do gain channel elements. But with how much I use arctic blast / hailstorm and cloudburst, I just don't see the pet dps gain as more relevant, but I could be wrong. dying to know tbh.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Slythorh View Post
    I take a 35/31 spec myself, and Im just wondering if the pet dps would really be an increase over water damage from stormcaller. Especially since all SC builds use hailstorm / arctic blast and cloudburst for dps. (Both water based spells)

Granted, its 2% water dmg over

6% pet dmg, and you do gain channel elements. But with how much I use arctic blast / hailstorm and cloudburst, I just don't see the pet dps gain as more relevant, but I could be wrong. dying to know tbh.
    Even players who play good spec wrong.

I SENSE AN EPIC LAZINESS IN THE FORCE

Plane Touched

Yeah I've since changed to 34/32. I prefer to have channeled elements just in case something goes wrong. Especially fights like Akylios where u need a ton of mana.

Voodoo (US-Defiant, world 1st Akylios) is currently seeking exceptional rogue and mage applicants. Please check our recruitment thread for more information.

Yeah thanks a bunch for publishing this Veev, much appreciated.
    Nope.

lgw

Could you maybe save it into an older format ?
    OO is giving me hickups importing, and the MS free viewer and the online viewers don't seem to like me, either.

Any rough ratio for SP:SC ratings at high SP values (1300+) ? I found that SC scales much better there than at lower SP values.

In any way - thanks a bunch for the work.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Champion

51 chloro
    1 int - 1
    2 crit - 0.5406
    1 sp - 0.9077
    1 wis - 0.4539

36 chloro
    1 int - 1
    2 crit - 0.5692
    1 sp - 0.9934
    1 wis - 0.4967

sc/ele
    1 int - 0.9771
    2 crit - 0.9383
    1 sp - 1
    1 wis - 0.5

lock/nec
    1 int - 0.7987
    2 crit - 0.5865
    1 sp - 1
    1 wis - 0.5
    Last edited by Veev; 09-05-2011 at 06:24 AM.

Telaran

im glad you confirm my strong belief of Sc ele being a very competitive st dps.
    I have always been in top 3 of my guild and top mage with sc/ele simply cause its hard to play necro lock. now im happy i didn learn necro lock at all cuz sc ele is still a very viable spec. Anyways, i have not yet seen why channel elements impt because its a loss of Dps and you shud nvr spec for that reason. (if i die i wudnt be in top dps meter anywas so i just cb hit, cost very little mana). I use run speed because fights like murdantix, zilas needed much movement. But again, i have yet to fight Bosses other than vlad murd zilas n zamira. So maybe by the time i foght akyl i respec like u.

Anyways, i have a similar stats as another mage from my guild, im around 1.6k Sp 900cr and hes around 1.55k sp with 1.1k crit and when we both play sc ele im hittin so much higher dps compared to him, in dummy i mean so there is no mechanucs involved, is it more ideal to stack sp, even though we are sc ele?
    Last edited by kirra12; 09-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Telaran

Uneditable but the stats im having are buffed with consumables idk if the base stats and consumable stats make any difference or not though. My guildmate uses pvp gear me using pve gear.

Right now im using pvp gear during raidin though. Since my overall stats much better. But im still curious of the question i posted above. Thx
    Last edited by kirra12; 09-05-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirra12 View Post
    Anyways, i have a similar stats as another mage from my guild, im around 1.6k Sp 900cr and hes around 1.55k sp with 1.1k crit and when we both play sc ele im hittin so much higher dps compared to him, in dummy i mean so there is no mechanucs involved, is it more ideal to stack sp, even though we are sc ele?
    Well if you looked at the stat weightings you'd see 1 Spellpower is worth more than 2 Crit regardless of what spec you are playing.
    It's directly above your post.
    Nope.

Great job on the list! I agree with 99.9% of everything on it. The 0.01% though is the Darkling Skull. I don't think you should factor the proc in as a 200 sp increase but rather a 40 sp increase.

Darkling Skull's proc affects 4 people in your immediate vicinity and makes no distinction between callings that can use the spell power and callings that cannot. Assuming you have 5 warriors, 5 rogues, 5 mages and 5 clerics in a Grugonim fight then you have a 50/50 chance for the proc to land on someone who will benefit thus making it hard to "determine" its true viability.

I will probably be using Rune Vessel Remnant as my primary OH but also switching between DS and RVR depending on my role in specific fights.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast