+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chlorolocks get ready to be nerfed

Rift Disciple

Default Chlorolocks get ready to be nerfed

I don't use it much anymore. I go Dom or 51 lock. But lately every mage is running it now. I'm guessing they will nerf base damage on devouring shadows then probably nerf the self healing more. Every match is someone QQing about them. We know what that means... Baby's cry and get there nerf bottle.

Personally I don't think there OP really. Base devouring may need to be tweaked. If that is then cabalist better be brought inline as well. It's just p8 mages with over 8k HP and heals and CDs.

Just saying fellow mages. May wanna look ahead to ur next build.

Shadowlander

Well it's clear that mages weren't intended as a tanking class. Their survivability is far too high in this spec. Of course the reason they spec this way is because their single target damage is low compared to the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klai View Post
    Well it's clear that mages weren't intended as a tanking class. Their survivability is far too high in this spec. Of course the reason they spec this way is because their single target damage is low compared to the other classes.
    they were intended as a dps class. and we all know how well that works...
    mage: cast 2.5seconds, hit 600.
    rogue, instacast, hit, 950. interupt.. hit hit hit hit..
    mage.. dead

so why do they hit harder with no cast bar? yet the DPS class has less dmg more time...

+ clerics are not suppose to DPS
    rogues are not suppose to heal
    mages are not suppose to tank
    warriors are not suppose to 2hit

oh wait. A MAGE?!!?! NERF! QQ I CANT 1 HIT QQ OMG RAGE

.... its fun being a mage. nerf bat break our knee's and we're still here. making you QQ

lgw

Quoting myself from another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    FIX:
    * immunes
    * perma stealth
    * chain teleports
    * chain interrupts
    * broken DRs
    * zero-risk PVP
    * zero mobility
    * nerfed Mage healing
    * non-existant burst
    * scaling
    * 1-1-2 macro pwnage
    * netcode / LoS, sloggy UI
    * Did I forget something ?

And THEN we can talk about speccing for something other than survival.
    Remember that Dom was buffed in 1.3 ? It's nothing, NOTHING, what Rogues / Wars can do to us - plus it required actual skill to use - and then remember all this rivers of QQ.
    Futhermore Chloro/Lock is a pure survival with slight healer spec at best, and garbage more often than not. So I couldn't care less.

But 8k P8 Chloro/Locks ?
    Much more like 9.5k and some...

Plus if you're speccing WL for CDs you're doing it wrong. They're among the very worst CDs we have.
    Last edited by lgw; 09-03-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Quoting myself from another thread...

Futhermore Chloro/Lock is a pure survival with slight healer spec at best, and garbage more often than not. So I couldn't care less.

But 8k P8 Chloro/Locks ?
    Much more like 9.5k and some...

Plus if you're speccing WL for CDs you're doing it wrong. They're among the very worst CDs we have.
    Well, it's pretty difficult to get the 20% damage in warlock plus choke without getting the cooldowns.

lgw

I ain't say WL is bad. It's good and well rounded.
    I'm just saying that if you go WL for the 3min CDs, you're very much misguided to think you just got yourself something good.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

I dont get what all the fuss is about? I played chlorolock way back in 1.2 for a little while when I was R1 or R2, then I realized that I hated the spec and switched out. Tried it again in 1.3, hated and respec'd. Was wondering if something magical had happened and it was different in 1.4. Hated, respec'd.

Maybe it's just me, but why the hell is everyone freaking out about this spec? It literally has not changed at all since the game came out. We have more health now, so what? Everything else does too.

It's not like chlorolocks are any good, so, idk. Just wondering why are people going nuts over this thing. It isn't a godmodespec by any means. Very easy spec to kill.

Guess I'm just mad that bads are going to get it nerfed, which will get chloro and warlock both nerfed, and I use those souls in other, more focused specs.

/nerdrage_off
    Last edited by Sao like Mayo; 09-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sao like Mayo View Post
    I dont get what all the fuss is about? I played chlorolock way back in 1.2 for a little while when I was R1 or R2, then I realized that I hated the spec and switched out. Tried it again in 1.3, hated and respec'd. Was wondering if something magical had happened and it was different in 1.4. Hated, respec'd.

Maybe it's just me, but why the hell is everyone freaking out about this spec? It literally has not changed at all since the game came out. We have more health now, so what? Everything else does too.

It's not like chlorolocks are any good, so, idk. Just wondering why are people going nuts over this thing. It isn't a godmodespec by any means. Very easy spec to kill.

Guess I'm just mad that bads are going to get it nerfed, which will get chloro and warlock both nerfed, and I use those souls in other, more focused specs.

/nerdrage_off
    I agree, chloro/locks aren't the end all but they are a highly viable mage spec, one of many. It's a very versatile build. I'd say the only advantage it has over chloro/dom is AoE damage. It's also my favorite spec to target as SC because its also the only one that can live through a full electrified/shear setup and not have the AB or LB as a 90% overkill. Hell, sometimes I can get both off on them. It's no fun having someone die to an ice shear crit.

Koe

Coming from a Rogue, the only problem I have with chlorolocks is the very highly geared ones.

They have 9-10k HP base, 2 survivability CDs, healing, and much more damage than they should have with everything before that. I would be fine with the 9-10k HP base, 2 survivability CDs, and either the same healing and reduced damage or reduced healing and same damage. The fact is that, it's just too much in one spec.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Rift Disciple

Good point on the over 9k. I'm doing some endurance stacking myself so will see how high I get at full P8.

I agree, chlorolock isn't like the best spec or anything. It just has good survivability. I can't blame some people who get chain stunned to death by a rogue or something and want more defense. That's really what this spec gives. Single target is crap compared to most others. Clerics will LOL at u as u cast. aoe is decent with shadow spam

I think what were seeing is a lot of mages are tired of staring at the graveyard screen. They just want a spec they don't drop like a fly in. Personally there not too hard to drop with Dom or SC and especially 51 lock.

Just watch though. We got skipped in the nerf rotation in 1.4. 1.5 is rumored to buff rogues and nerf healing more. We will see.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaziestNoob View Post
    mage.. dead

so why do they hit harder with no cast bar? yet the DPS class has less dmg more time...

.... its fun being a mage. nerf bat break our knee's and we're still here. making you QQ
    Laughable crying about rogues. You'd have to be the worst chloro/lock in existence to lose to any spec of rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by LaziestNoob View Post
    mage.. dead

Honestly mage DOES dps. But totally depending on 2 mins Cooldown Skills.
    Im a Dom/Pyro with Heat Wave & Split Personality. I hit freakin hard.
    But when the 2 mins cooldown sets in im back to Glass with No Cannons.
    And i gotta wait 2 mins for it. Unless i use 1 at time then its 1 min.

My Chlorolock (which i dont use much) depends on the 3 mins cooldown of Defence and Healing skills.
    Again once its on cooldown im not so of a cannon only glass.

Mages in this game could do miracle. But when the Long Cooldown Skills sets in we are glass thats all so.. run!
    They should make it balance between cooldowns and damage.
    Not Super High Damage with Long Cooldowns or High Defence with Long Cooldowns.
    Lower the damage & Lower the cooldown are the way to go at least.

But meh.. its not gonna happen anyway. Time fly real fast.. no worries guys.. something good will be around the corner. In the meantime, just let RIFT keep you occupied tilll then.
    Last edited by Crazio; 09-03-2011 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Coming from a Rogue, the only problem I have with chlorolocks is the very highly geared ones.

They have 9-10k HP base, 2 survivability CDs, healing, and much more damage than they should have with everything before that. I would be fine with the 9-10k HP base, 2 survivability CDs, and either the same healing and reduced damage or reduced healing and same damage. The fact is that, it's just too much in one spec.
    The damage is actually pretty laughable. but you would never notice that as a rogue in a 1v1, because I'll admit, it sucks not having a heal in your spec. However, if you had a healer backing you, you can get out of a gimp sin spec and start doing some real damage. It is just the difference in class and build, it looks OP in a 1v1 but in group play they really are a waste of a raid slot. And last time I checked, Rift is a group based game.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Sao like Mayo View Post
    The damage is actually pretty laughable. but you would never notice that as a rogue in a 1v1, because I'll admit, it sucks not having a heal in your spec. However, if you had a healer backing you, you can get out of a gimp sin spec and start doing some real damage. It is just the difference in class and build, it looks OP in a 1v1 but in group play they really are a waste of a raid slot. And last time I checked, Rift is a group based game.
    I don't think 1.1k-1.5k Nature's Fury is laughable, or 800-1.1k Devouring Shadows ticks. Never been hit by a Vile Spores in a long time, so. As a MM, I have literally been bursted down before I could burst down a chloro.

I've watched good chlorolocks just sit there and tank 5 people. Out doing the PvP dailies, I regularly grab some popcorn and see how many people it will take to get certain chlorolocks down. They would probably go down if I joined in, but I literally just sit back and /em because it's too much.

I don't know if it's just MY opinion, but I don't think someone should be able to tank 5-6 people, DPS, and heal at the same time. Yes, they interrupted mortality.

Locx, a chloro on my side(guardian) literally sits at 10.5k HP self buffed with no CDs.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Laughable crying about rogues. You'd have to be the worst chloro/lock in existence to lose to any spec of rogue.
    an equally geared an well played nightblade can kill a chlorolock, granted with all its Cd's available but it can be done, coming from a well respected chlorolock and a rank3 rogue. Ive have been beating by a nightblade and have beaten chlorolocks with nightblade. Again its a Cd thing and well after your done your uselss for the next 2mins or so.

~on that same token i dont see any other spec from rogue that could beat it cept maybe a MM that gets all of his hits to crit and uses LOS to avoid any casted spell from the mage, but yeah thats about it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast