+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm not very satisfied with Void Life

Ascendant

Default I'm not very satisfied with Void Life

There's nothing wrong with the spell, itself. Let me start off with that. Void Life, as an individual spell, in a complete vacuum, is fine.

The issue comes with the rest of the Chloromancers's healing toolset when mainhealing a tank. Simply put, I either don't *need* to cast another spell other than Void Life, or I can't afford to. We were working on Zilas tonight (sadly, we've still got a ways to go, though healing wasn't an issue), and my tank was getting hit for upwards of 60% of his health. Now, with Void Life spam, this is manageable, but only barely. Were I to cast Nature's Touch, there would have been a good chance of my tank dying. So even though Nature's Touch is an HPS increase over Void Life, its cast is just too long and the risk of something happening is too high. Combined with its travel time and possibility of being interrupted by movement with no heal in between, Nature's Touch needs a change.

What I would suggest would be to reduce the cast time of Nature's Touch down to 1.5 seconds, but increase its cooldown to 8/10 seconds. This would change the spell from being rotational to being something that should be used in times of emergency because it may not be up when you need it.

Secondly, something needs to be done about Void Life spam. It's just boring, though effective. So my thoughts are to slightly increase the power of Void Life, but give it a cooldown of roughly 6 seconds. This makes it the new Nature's Touch, something to cast in rotation, but it provides much smoother healing.

Finally, increase the healing that Vile Spores gives through Lifebound Veil. Chloromancer Raid healing is fine; I don't think anyone would argue that point. The talent that gives Vile Spores a DoT would be a good place for the additional healing.

So in the end, we would end up with a more involving healing setup; Vile Spores for damage and overall healing, Void Life to stabilize a rapid surge of damage, and Nature's Touch to catch up when falling behind.

Rift Chaser

I agree with your complaint, although I'm not sure I like your suggestions. Nature's Touch should only be cast on an opportunity proc, or else you're right, it's too dangerous.

I was tank healing on Sicaron the other night, and basically spamming void life, with an occasional bloom when he got a little low.

As far as suggestions, I have none. Frankly I hate healing, although I've learned to enjoy it a bit as a chloromancer, but I don't know or care enough to give any suggestion on how a healing class or spec should work mechanically.

lgw

Why NT exists beyond Opp procs:
    You mentioned Sicaron. You cast it on the wind up of his 21s channel, so NT hits about 1s into the actual channel. Then you can Flourish/Bloom.

It's called smart healing - you preempt a damage spike of the boss with a healing spike of your own.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    You mentioned Sicaron. You cast it on the wind up of his 21s channel, so NT hits about 1s into the actual channel. Then you can Flourish/Bloom.

It's called smart healing - you preempt a damage spike of the boss with a healing spike of your own.
    This^

I went 51chloro/10dom/5ele just so opp. procs didnt mess up my timing with NT and Decay. And now I like having 60%+ crit so much I'm not sure I'll go back to 51chloro/xxlock.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Rift Chaser

OR, you can spam void life, do more healing over a 3 second channel than one NT, healing once every 3 seconds, so that if your tank gets absolutely crapped on, he won't die due to server lag from that NT being slightly delayed.

Another advantage of spamming VL is that you can interrupt the channel to cast bloom or flourish or the full heal if your tank takes spike damage. Can't do that with NT.

The only time I cast NT is when there isn't a lot of damage going on, purely for dps. I do that with nature's fury too (assuming it's a safe situation to do so). Other than that it's Ruin on cooldown, and spam voidlife, with bloom/flourish/full heal when my healing assignment drops more than VL can keep up with.

...I'm also dom/ele as my off-souls, but that is more so I can tank prince on molinar, plus the extra int from dom seems to give me more int/mana than going 0 archon and stacking pillaging (and thank god I hate stacking that crap).
    Last edited by Pyrocaster; 09-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.

lgw

I see, you don't use smart healing... as you obviously and completely ignored everything I wrote.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Ascendant

For consistent high-damage abilities, like Murdantix's Demonic Blast, sure, Nature's Touch is fine if you can get the spell in the air so that it hits a moment after those hits occur. But outside of that, Nature's Touch is not a reliable tool, and Void Life fulfills its job rather handily.

lgw

Bingo ! VL is for sustaind, NT is for spike.
    But why are you not satisfied with VL ? Why would you want three different tools that basically do the same, but miss other important tools instead ?
    Wildstar PVP inc

every time i use it i dye a lil bit sinced

Ascendant

Bingo ! VL is for sustaind, NT is for spike.
    But why are you not satisfied with VL ? Why would you want three different tools that basically do the same, but miss other important tools instead ?
    You're missing the point. NT is supposed to be for spike damage, but it's unreliable. For the cast of a single Nature's Touch, I could use a Void Life, get much quicker healing, and much safer healing. When you're fighting a boss that delievers a 6k hit on autoattack, you can't rely on Nature's Touch. Even in an AoE situation with Lifegiving Veil, a single cast of Nature's Touch will only do slightly more damage than a single cast of Vile Spores.

What I want is to not be able to simply spam one button while healing, yet that button is the absolute best that we have.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    You're missing the point. NT is supposed to be for spike damage, but it's unreliable. For the cast of a single Nature's Touch, I could use a Void Life, get much quicker healing, and much safer healing. When you're fighting a boss that delievers a 6k hit on autoattack, you can't rely on Nature's Touch. Even in an AoE situation with Lifegiving Veil, a single cast of Nature's Touch will only do slightly more damage than a single cast of Vile Spores.

What I want is to not be able to simply spam one button while healing, yet that button is the absolute best that we have.
    You're still missing the point.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Soulwalker

stand closer to the boss so your NT ruin and Bloom triggers on your tank faster, literally the missile speed is what truly has the massive delay on Natures touch.

Focus target another chloro healer and see if you can both time your Natures touches off their cool down at different times you can see his cast and estimate when yours is safe to cast that's what i do when i am healing.
    Last edited by virxo; 09-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread