+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: CC immune makes Dominator build useless in PVP

Telaran

Default CC immune makes Dominator build useless in PVP

When is the dominator build going to be returned to usefulness? As it is, in PVP, the CC spells are almost completely useless. 9 out of 10 casts result in "immune" making the dominator soul useless in PVP. Even when the oppenent isn't "immune" the stuns, roots and transmogrify last perhaps 1 or 2 seonds at most making it not even worth casting an instant.

As a mage I'm getting interupted and slienced every few seconds yet all my CC spells are a waste of points. This needs to be fixed.

Telaran

Added: I guess there is a specific build I'm talking about. It's the flag runner build. Sorry, not sure of the name of the build.

Shadowlander

Dominator is far from useless. Transmogrify is only one of MANY useful skills in that tree. A good dom can turn a fight very quickly.
    Briarcliff (PvP)
    Sinlai - 50 Mage - Rank 8

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary View Post
    Dominator is far from useless. Transmogrify is only one of MANY useful skills in that tree. A good dom can turn a fight very quickly.

You can be the best Dominator in the world but there's nothing you can do if your target is immune and/or tranfmogrify lasts 2 seconds at most.

I WRECK people as a Domi. Mass betrayal on a group just brutalizes any mana users in there. Stack a TI on top of it and you can put out some decent AoE DPS and bleed every drop of mana from clerics by the time it's over. Very very few people are smart enough to purge that debuff. Ive seen TI purged once in the last month. Domi has a 50% heal debuff, SP is pretty good burst, Storm shackle is very effective on melee people and idiots (i.e. it has a 99% chance for all hits to happen). Just dont be stupid with CC. I rarely see immune when I squirrel someone. I squirrel them and use the cast speed buff to shackle some overzealous warrior and laugh as he AoEs his own raid for me which often nets me a KB or two.
    Last edited by Vyxagallanxchi; 09-02-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Disciple

funny, i always fully dispel every debuff a domi puts on me. They can't do **** against dispellers, apart from transmogrify-mana wrench.

Shadowlander

I just started pvping (not just here, in general), but I figured control would be a good way to go. My question to those who make it work is how? Do you pvp with premades or just hop in there? In my first forays into the madness I found most of the cc spells I wanted to try took too long, and thus some warrior two shotted me before I got them off.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedRhapsody View Post
    I just started pvping (not just here, in general), but I figured control would be a good way to go. My question to those who make it work is how? Do you pvp with premades or just hop in there? In my first forays into the madness I found most of the cc spells I wanted to try took too long, and thus some warrior two shotted me before I got them off.
    hide in the group, dont stand out like a sore thumb

Quote Originally Posted by Atheena View Post
    When is the dominator build going to be returned to usefulness? As it is, in PVP, the CC spells are almost completely useless. 9 out of 10 casts result in "immune" making the dominator soul useless in PVP. Even when the oppenent isn't "immune" the stuns, roots and transmogrify last perhaps 1 or 2 seonds at most making it not even worth casting an instant.

As a mage I'm getting interupted and slienced every few seconds yet all my CC spells are a waste of points. This needs to be fixed.
    So basically because YOU can't do the dominator thing, it's broken? Figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicidium View Post
    funny, i always fully dispel every debuff a domi puts on me. They can't do **** against dispellers, apart from transmogrify-mana wrench.
    Yeah, because every Dominator puts this one single debuff on you and waits until you're done dispelling. That makes perfect sense and sounds like you really have faced some good Dominators!

Unless you're a mage yourself and have Deny at your disposal, I assure you a good Dominator alone will keep you busy dispelling until you're either oom or dead (given you really are stupid enough to try). And of course there are no other people in WFs who debuff or anything. Yeah, you really sound like you totally know what you're talking about.

Telaran

Dom is the only spec I use in Port Scion.... The massive amounts of damage can not be replicated by any other specs, coupled with the tight formations folks stay in to PvE in that mini game. I consider it a bad Port Scion if I have less than 300k damage, and I am not a high rank player.

On my lower level mage alt I quite enjoy casting a 2/2 microbursted Stormshackle on a squirrel, dropping haunting pain, and then charging up a talented lightning strike...

The hp makes um hurt if they don't move, the storm shackle kills them if they do, lightning strike just crits like a truck.

At higher levels transference really puts a downer on a rogue or warriors day, your presence charge consumers really hurt casters, also split personality and stuff.
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

Dominator is excellent against less-skilled players and mediocre to useless against skilled players.
    Last edited by Capri Moon; 09-04-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Moon View Post
    Dominator is excellent against less-skilled players and mediocre to useless against skilled players.
    BS.

Yes, there are some very rare occasions where you have the option to just stand there and sitting out various debuffs. Might work in a 1on1 if you have the means to survive that long.

In a WF however, you have the option of ignoring the debuffs and eating the dmg/drains or just stand there for their duration, which makes the used spell on you even stronger (taking a player out of the match for several seconds, win!).

Good Dominators make sure dispelling isn't an option (Exception: Deny). So it comes down to eating the drains or doing nothing and watch your team mates drop. Or eating the SS dmg or just standing their until it wears off - no better way to help a teammate get those vital few seconds to recover from a warrior's onslaught.

So explain to me, how exactly will you skillfully make this useless? I'm eager to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    BS.

Yes, there are some very rare occasions where you have the option to just stand there and sitting out various debuffs. Might work in a 1on1 if you have the means to survive that long.

In a WF however, you have the option of ignoring the debuffs and eating the dmg/drains or just stand there for their duration, which makes the used spell on you even stronger (taking a player out of the match for several seconds, win!).

Good Dominators make sure dispelling isn't an option (Exception: Deny). So it comes down to eating the drains or doing nothing and watch your team mates drop. Or eating the SS dmg or just standing their until it wears off - no better way to help a teammate get those vital few seconds to recover from a warrior's onslaught.

So explain to me, how exactly will you skillfully make this useless? I'm eager to know.
    Here's a hint: Trion made it so TI and betrayal are only triggered on damage and healing abilities.

Ok I'll make it easier for you: just dispel it, it wont trigger any drains/damage from Ti/mass betrayal.

Dominators can really turn the tides of a battle easily if well played but stating that their drains and whatnot CANNOT be countered simply ain't the truth.
    Your (not so)friendly neighborhood Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vvix View Post
    Here's a hint: Trion made it so TI and betrayal are only triggered on damage and healing abilities.

Ok I'll make it easier for you: just dispel it, it wont trigger any drains/damage from Ti/mass betrayal.

Dominators can really turn the tides of a battle easily if well played but stating that their drains and whatnot CANNOT be countered simply ain't the truth.
    True. If you stand there doing nothing though, you have just CCed yourself.

You can dispel TI/MB/SS, but the counter to that is to drop Hunting Pain before TI/MB. That is 10 stacks that will cover TI/MB/SS and lessen the chance of a dispel. Honestly though, I never drop HP on someone unless I have encountered them before and know they will dispel. HP takes time to cast and does pretty bad damage, so I doubt many Doms use it regularly.

In most cases, a target will get overwhelmed w/ Dom debuffs. They will either not be able to dispel them all, or effectively CC themselves 1 GCD for each Debuff the Dom throws on them as they dispel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast