+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Devouring shadows

Telaran

Default Devouring shadows

Any devs looking into this spell??

More and more mages are catching on to this idea...spamming devouring shadows and casting nothing else but a insta heal when they get low...8k+ hp mages that just hop around cast devouring shadows even after a stun interupt they do not die...is it intended that a Mage has a spamible aoe that crits for 1500+...as a rogue I understand that I don't have the best aoe in the game outside of sabdancer but even if I was sab dancer it takes 5 secs to get shrapnel charges up 1 second for deadly dance and 1 secod for another combo point then yet another second for det so 8 seconds for about the same dmg on a full valor target.

You guys can call it qq if you want but what does that say about mages I mean nothing but 3 spells...I thought I left wow for a game a 4 year old couldn't play
    Last edited by Walsingham; 09-16-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language
    Trapped<Ruined> level 50 rogue

Rift Disciple

You ARE aware that Devouring Shadows is a channeled spell, right?

Kind of like cabalist aoe? Or pyros firestorm? or any other aoe class that spams aoes?

Here's a CRAZY idea... spread out? I guarantee you wont be hit with an aoe if you're alone.

Sword of Telara

I emphatise with the OP somewhat here. CholroLocks (sp?) are dominating warfronts and a good one is pretty damn close to impossible to kill 1v1.

Considering the high survivability of the build, DS hits very hard.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by trapped34 View Post
    Any devs looking into this extremely ******ed spell??

More and more mages are catching on to this idea...spamming devouring shadows and casting nothing else but a insta heal when they get low...8k+ hp mages that just hop around cast devouring shadows even after a stun interupt they do not die...is it intended that a Mage has a spamible aoe that crits for 1500+...as a rogue I understand that I don't have the best aoe in the game outside of sabdancer but even if I was sab dancer it takes 5 secs to get shrapnel charges up 1 second for deadly dance and 1 secod for another combo point then yet another second for det so 8 seconds for about the same dmg on a full valor target.

You guys can call it qq if you want but what does that say about mages I mean nothing but 3 spells...I thought I left wow for a game a 4 year old couldn't play
    Um, sorry, but we can't "hop aorund cast devouring shadows", like pointed out it is a channeled spell, which means you have to stand still. To me it isn't as strong an AoE as the two I have with my 51pt Dom spec.

tbh i feel it is ok and shouldnt be changed. like someone already said, its a channeled spell and can be interrupted, or better yet people can just spread out minimizing the damage done to the grp.

Telaran

Let's all reread what I said...yes it's channeled hence shy I said after a stun and a interupt...I'm a mellee class devouring shadow has a pretty large radius if I jump on a Mage and he casts right on him there's no way of steping out with out getting at least 1 tick of it rogues right now have the lowest hp in pvp 1.5k is about a third of my total hp...plus the first tick comes right way and with the dr system works if that Mage happens to have his break free up I'm screwed I guess I could cleanse soul a 2 min cd oh and he can just void bolt/natures fury those spells seem to go through cleanse soul for what ever reason...I don't mind the dmg as much as I mind that the first tick isnt delayed and sence it's a spamable spell why risk getting interupted when you can just cast the tick hits move recast...
    Last edited by Walsingham; 09-16-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Rift Chaser

Deadeye shot > devouring shadows.

Also, as a rogue you've got arguably the best CD's to deal with a magic user (maybe behind void knight).

And you can spam purge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Kind of like cabalist aoe? Or pyros firestorm? or any other aoe class that spams aoes?

Here's a CRAZY idea... spread out? I guarantee you wont be hit with an aoe if you're alone.
    The problem is that a 51 lock does more single target damage with Devouring Shadows than most other classes, they're just doing more single target damage to a bunch of targets simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by InferiOmega View Post
    The problem is that a 51 lock does more single target damage with Devouring Shadows than most other classes, they're just doing more single target damage to a bunch of targets simultaneously.
    Theres a lot of specific skills and abilities that other classes have that I can complain about, but I dont think they should be changed. I also think devouring shadows is fine because of it's limitations and very situational usage.

To be honest.. I used to like it a lot more before the CAB flavor of the month happened. Now people are way more adept at staying spread out because of all the cabs Makes it a little harder. Sometimes I have to hard people with grave rot to get them to run into an area where I can aoe better or wait on a cab to do it..
    Last edited by Shhhh; 09-03-2011 at 11:32 AM.

It seems that rogues will cry about anything these days...
    Ex-1%

Telaran

Look it's fairly new and I see alot more higher ranked pres mages doing it...prime example is xano from w/e wf group seastone is in 9k hp Mage and will tank 3+ players at a time with just hitting devouring shadows and he will kill all 3 with that one ability it can be interupted 2 times and then he's immune and can channel freely...maybe devouring shadows doesn't have to be nerfed but interupts takin off the dr system...as of right now this devouring shadow spec bs is just coming up but in a few weeks when every Mage and their mom is doing it you'll come back to this post and be like I'm sorry your right it's some bull ish

Trion I can't move 5 meters to the left to leave a channeled AoE spell plz nerf lol
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Trion I can't move 5 meters to the left to leave a channeled AoE spell plz nerf lol
    If your not going to read the entire post don't bother posting troll

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You may not be able to when that spell is critting for 3500+ 3 times in two seconds on up to 8 players simultaneously with SL:D and Empowered Darkness running. Half the players out there would die to two ticks, and most use the stopcasting technique to inflate it further.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast