+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Please do something about mages pvp soul

Default Please do something about mages pvp soul

Heres a result of having 5 mages in the black garden all on one side.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/opmages.png/

Click the image to enlarge

I've noticed out of all the pvp souls mages benefit the most damage wise, Considering Tirion attempt to balance souls for PvE, then mages get the biggest PvP soul throwing the balance off entirely.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-02-2011 at 11:40 AM.

All I see is a really bad warrior failing to kill squishy mages..
    ~Quiescent

is this lvl 50?

cause thats pretty low dmg i can do that in the first 10 seconds of combat on whitefall escalation

**** i could life tap that much dmg before the match starts
    Last edited by Rift Stinker; 09-02-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    is this lvl 50?

cause thats pretty low dmg i can do that in the first 10 seconds of combat on whitefall escalation

**** i could life tap that much dmg before the match starts

Everyone died in about 2 seconds after jumping down from spawn.

If your really gonna play that game (notice what class is on the top of damage done):

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ewarfront.png/

Click to enlarge.

Also it doesnt matter how squishy they are if 5 of em aoe our entire group and kill us all in 2-5 seconds.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-02-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferather View Post

If your really gonna play that game (notice what class is on the top of damage done):

Click to enlarge.

Also it doesnt matter how squishy they are if 5 of em aoe our entire group and kil us all in 2-5 seconds.
    Move out of the aoe? If 5 anything aoe your entire group in a coordinated manner, you'll probably die.

Click to enlarge.

Also it doesnt matter how squishy they are if 5 of em aoe our entire group and kill us all in 2-5 seconds.
    ok look at the fking healing he recieved.

hes a pure dmg build with heals grow the fk up

mages r meant to do dmg.
    51 lock is amazing aoe and has big ticks to nab killing blows
    its only good with heals tho

that was the case.

Rift Disciple

Click to enlarge.

if you are dumb enough to keep dropping down into mass ae you deserve to keep dying

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    ok look at the fking healing he recieved.

hes a pure dmg build with heals grow the fk up

mages r meant to do dmg.
    51 lock is amazing aoe and has big ticks to nab killing blows
    its only good with heals tho

that was the case.
    So almost one shotting people with 5k crits from range is an ok playstyle?
    Your not all upset because I said you op are you?

and that was a 5k crit after my 50% reduction.....

And tbh doesnt matter how squishy you are since you deal magic damage which ignores armor making us both equally squishy.
    Last edited by Ferather; 09-02-2011 at 11:59 AM.

And tbh doesnt matter how squishy you are since you deal magic damage which ignores armor making us both equally squishy.
    Hmmm, That sounds like Stormcallers..

Few ways to screw stormcallers over, You can cure their target, or you can have a Dominator just grief them.

Doms can cast reflect on the their target right when lightning burst goes off, or throw up reflective presence.

Both pretty much screw the class over, They can also Deny his target as well.. another cute way to screwing over the Stormcaller.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

The +10% increased crit damage to players and 30% increased damage to players in your pvp soul is much more than any other pvp soul. All im saying is that PvE souls are being balanced and yet the mage pvp soul has the highest output damage wise than any other pvp soul. And I think Tirion missed this one out in their balance attempts.

Ascendant

The +10% increased crit damage to players and 30% increased damage to players in your pvp soul is much more than any other pvp soul. All im saying is that PvE souls are being balanced and yet the mage pvp soul has the highest output damage wise than any other pvp soul. And I think Tirion missed this one out in their balance attempts.
    Warriors do the most PvE damage, mages do the most PvP damage. whoda thunk it

Rogue pvp soul is similar...

Pretty much, if ya look at most classes, the actual Crit bonus damage is in their actual soul tree's, For example.. Inq/Shaman/Sent for Clerics

Rogues have it in Sin and the pvp Soul I believe

Warriors have it mainly under Champion.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

i have lvl 50 mage, rogue, and warrior. the warrior is easily the faceroller in pvp. if you are failing its you, not the mage kicking your ***.

Shield of Telara

Swing and a miss, you show your lack of education on the matter with incorrect numbers. Mages PvP soul gives us damage because really, mages are all about the highest single hit damage and highest AoE burst, with the trade-off being it takes a long time to set up, and there's nothing sneaky about how to do it. It's the equivalent of me complaining that a warrior came up to me, beat on me for 8 seconds and then killed me. Except that with some mediocre intelligence you can get out of the SC's AoE by simply moving, have you tried running away from a riftblade? It's pretty much impossible, if a warrior and a stormcaller met up 1v1 and just burst each other, the warrior will win every time, or he needs to(you guessed it) l2p. The only thing I'll agree that needs to be toned down is empowered darkness + devouring shadows spam.

Warrior's PvP soul has lots of tank-like abilities that can turn the tide of battle if played properly, I've seen it happen, it's too bad 99% of warriors only want to charge into battle, be able to take massive damage while being able to deal massive damage. Honestly, I'm a bit jealous of the warrior's PvP soul, I wish mine had a path to take that gave me team-oriented abilites(guard, taunt, etc.), but alas, I am a mage, and that is not what my class is meant to do.

I love playing my mage in WF. I can be at the top of the dps and healing list at the end of most games.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast