+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Two chloro mages in the same party? How does it work?

Soulwalker

Default Two chloro mages in the same party? How does it work?

I have recently been trying out healing with my mage and I have noticed that the random party generator occasionally pairs me with a mage running as support.

I was wondering how do two chloromancer mages work together in this game?

Big questions if I cast synergy on the tank, if the other mages turns on life bound veil will it also heal the tank?

What if I cast synergy and then the other mage cast synergy over my synergy?

Is it best for the support mage to run life giving veil instead of life bound veil?

One Mage needs to use Lifebound Veil and cast Synthesis on the tank. The other uses Lifegiving Veil. The tank can only have 1 Synthesis on at a time so the last one cast will be the one on him and the other Mage will just be losing out on heals that the group could be getting.

Same thing applies with Radiant Spores. The two should coordinate who is casting RS (if at all) and who is going to be healing tank with Synthesis...communication goes a long way.

Oh, and the mage's will not be healing each other since when you have a LGV/LBV up you can't receive the benefit from another mage.
    Last edited by Gnume; 09-02-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

One chloro needs to cast synergy, while the other group heals via Lifegiving Veil.
    Synergies overwrite one another.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jackslash View Post
    I have recently been trying out healing with my mage and I have noticed that the random party generator occasionally pairs me with a mage running as support.

Big questions if I cast synergy on the tank, if the other mages turns on life bound veil will it also heal the tank?

Is it best for the support mage to run life giving veil instead of life bound veil?
    2 cholormancers is less than efficient. He won't heal you and you won't heal him, but everyone else will get heals from both of you.

If you cast synergy on the tank and the other mage uses LBV he will not heal the tank.

If you cast synergy and then he casts synergy on the same tank, you will not heal the tank because the other mage bumped yours off.

It would be better for the other mage to run LGV because then he is Main AOE healing everyone except you. While you Main heal the tank and lightly AOE heal everyone except the other mage.

Synergize is an Elementalist spell you cast on your Pet ... There is no Synergy

Chloromancer casts Synthesis! ;)
    Last edited by Gnume; 09-02-2011 at 09:39 AM.
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gnume View Post
    Synergy is an Elementalist spell you cast on your Pet ...

Chloromancer casts Synthesis! ;)
    Ahh, you're right, in my defense I had just read it in the OP so ithe wrong term was fresh in my mind.

Telaran

just have the support mage go dps. No rule said they have to stay support.

Soulwalker

Thanks guys, that clears it up!

pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jackslash View Post

Well i always run lifegiving simply because it heals everyone and me for alot more. I dont encourage anyone using LBV ever except for healing flag runner.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Well i always run lifegiving simply because it heals everyone and me for alot more. I dont encourage anyone using LBV ever except for healing flag runner.
    what dungeon has you running flags?

stay on topic

LBV with the extra Synthesis bonus is actually such a potent ability that its use is often unnecessary. Since there is no runoff ability most of the Synthesis heals end up as wasted overheal.

Rift Disciple

I want to heal again before LBV/LGV was changed... for nostalgia purposes of course.

But more on topic: Your questions have been answered already, the only thing I can suggest is have your buddy go LGV on bosses with aoe and stay DPS for the trash to speed up the dungeon crawl.

IF you have some trouble healing the tank solo you might find void life spam more efficient to NT+VL+VL rotation.

Running dungeons I keep RS up 100% and because im bored, generally run in and corrosion trash lol. RS isnt great but its more healing then you had without it imo.

+ Reply to Thread