+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro Mage Question: Mage Power or Group Power?

Default Chloro Mage Question: Mage Power or Group Power?

I have a mage but I don't actually play her that often. When I did play with her as chloro for groups I found that I was healing better with increased Intelligence and Spell Power.

Recently while leveling my new tank I had a chloro spec'd mage in a few random parties who always spammed the same message at the beginning of each dungeon. Something along the lines of:

"Welcome to Player Name's Castle~! I am a healing mage, which means the more DPS YOU DO the more healing you will receive."

Is this true? TBPH I'm writing this during an update so I can't really check to see what the ability actually says, I figured I'd waste time while it's updating. But I would think you know, when I play my Cleric, that I'm a better healer because I make the effort to increase stats that boost healing. When I play a Rogue or Mage, I'm a better DPS'er because I make the effort to increase stats that boost my DPS. When I play a Warrior, I'm a better tank because I make the effort to increase the stats that boost my tanking skill. So why should a party carry a healer if it's the healers job to heal?

Does my question make sense? I hope so. Anyway, if anyone could shed some light on the situation, that would be greatly appreciated.

Mostly untrue - most of our heals come from our own DPS. However if the mage had talented Radiant Spores and made use of Stream of Reclamation then you would be proccing bigger heals on yourself if you did higher DPS. Imo a stretch of the truth to motivate the team, but not something that's really true so to speak.

The other option is that he meant he would only heal people with decent DPS :P
    Last edited by Benlisted; 09-02-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benlisted View Post
    Mostly untrue - most of our heals come from our own DPS. However if the mage had talented Radiant Spores and made use of Stream of Reclamation then you would be proccing bigger heals on yourself if you did higher DPS. Imo a stretch of the truth to motivate the team, but not something that's really true so to speak.

The other option is that he meant he would only heal people with decent DPS :P
    I'm with you...thinking he is meaning that through RS they can receive "bigger heals" if they are putting out bigger damage...when it happens to proc
    Gnume, Dwarven Mage

Telaran

meh... some truth to it, spore does do some healing, but not really that much. might be more useful in a raid setting.

Rift Disciple

iso I really dont understand why people hate radiant spores so much, I basicly cast 2 spells healing radiant spores and void life.

RS is a great party healer

void life for tank and minimal party heals

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    iso I really dont understand why people hate radiant spores so much, I basicly cast 2 spells healing radiant spores and void life.

RS is a great party healer

void life for tank and minimal party heals
    I think RS scales better with super high sustained DPS in a raid setting than it does with spotty pvp dps, which could explain why some people (pvpers) dislike RS and others (pve raiders) swear by it. Simple enough to look at parses though.

+ Reply to Thread