+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Arhon 51 point Rant and hopeful fix

Soulwalker

Default Arhon 51 point Rant and hopeful fix

I have played archon raiding with my guild since the beginning and am still the archon during raids. From when i had no idea of the spell rotation to doing 400 dps on Duke in GSB. Now better geared and playing it for months and months, it is not an acceptable soul. I have leveled my other chars and played there support specs and none of them are half as hard to play and have less viable soul points specs then the archon. It is the the hardest and least efficient soul there is. First off there is soul fire in the tree which gives 5% more fire damage. I have one fire spell. The second i dont count, lava field because it is a not a viable raid spell. The cast time, the area effect and heal increase of a possible 5% is not viable for tank get healed with 3 or more healers. Also there is a cd on this spell....that does almost no damage. I am proposing to remove the Soul Fire and put in a viable archon specc. Also remove lava field and put something like a streaming spell that casuses the players around to get a healing bonus. Also the whioole idea of is horrible, debuffing oneplayer to buff a raid. That player is now a target for DEATH, has limited capabilties and then no good dps or tool abilities. Archon is the only soul(of every soul in the game) that severely debbuffs the char to buff the raid. All other chars have beneficial buffs that help them and others, some more than the other, such as athe bard. So Trion, i want this tree to be corrected and put on par with other support roles.
    Healing flames - also uselessm please remove along with lava field
    My Proposed Ideas
    Replace Soul Fire (fire damage) perhaps with 5% increase to all spell damage (similarto the warlock tree) or make all spells earth base damaged and increase all damage from earth by 5%
    Remove Lava field - useless, my suggestion - a streamed channel ability that gives healing bonus to target around the mob.
    Purging Flames also worthless in raids, if someting needs to be purged, one of our many healers with be on it before i need to have this casted - please remove spell. Better tool spell along the line of archon - buff a player with reduced threat for 10 secs or mini flare, increase ap/sp by 7% for 10 secs
    Flowing sand - worthless, I never need to run away as archon. Please replace spell entirely, preferably with a dps spell so I can get my dps higher or something that reduces or immunes me to silences and stuns as I die so fast due to the debuffs
    All archon buffs - should last 10 mins, 4 min timeframe does nothing but reduce my dps, 10 mins and encounters can end. 4 and then I have one more thing to recast that does not help for 5-10 secs. Also please reduce debuff on mage to about half the debuff but keep the buff on raid the same so the class doesnt become obsolete. This will make my char viable raid dps and still have me debuffed enough so my other spells when cast will buff me to the point of underacceptable of normal standing.
    Fix draining power - 10 % more damage is nothing pls increase to 20 or at least 15%
    Flaring power - reduce the cooldown to 3 min, espcially since it also cause a warrior cd to proc. 3 mins is still a long time in a fight. its only 15% more damage, not a ton.
    Also make my buffs stack with other rogue buffs pls, they are not that overpowering to have to buffs up of the same kind. Or add some new merge feature where we only get 3/4 of the buff becuase there is another raid buff of the same up.
    One last request fix- a high tiered spell that actually does damage, perhaps leave a debuff on the mob after casting that reduces there skills or gives the raid 5% more hit and focus on that target.

I want you(Trion) to thoughtfully consider fixing my archon. I would like this to be my favorite role. Its the only soul that doesnt have all of its spec options for itself and other spells that cannot even be used.

I dont care if u use my suggestions for other spell replacement but I would like fixes in the tree to be looked at for an archon and its abilities, this needs to be fixed. smiles to all

Rift Disciple

This is a bad post from a bad player.
    Power Drain is 10% because it also reduces the target's damage by 10%.
    Soul Fire buffs Volcanic Bomb, Surging Flare, Searing Loltality, Burning Purpose, Leeching Flames(I'm pretty sure, anyway, Power Drain and other +% damage buffs/debuffs boost it), etc.
    And I don't even WANT to sort through the rest of the drivel.

Soulwalker

I love plaing an archon it is why i choose a mage but lava field needs to go ASAP it is uselees n almost too never used .flowing sand needs to go, and power in numbers should say spell power n spell crit not healing. Archon rock.

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Vage View Post
    I have played archon raiding with my guild since the beginning and am still the archon during raids. From when i had no idea of the spell rotation to doing 400 dps on Duke in GSB. Now better geared and playing it for months and months, it is not an acceptable soul. I have leveled my other chars and played there support specs and none of them are half as hard to play and have less viable soul points specs then the archon. It is the the hardest and least efficient soul there is. First off there is soul fire in the tree which gives 5% more fire damage. I have one fire spell. The second i dont count, lava field because it is a not a viable raid spell. The cast time, the area effect and heal increase of a possible 5% is not viable for tank get healed with 3 or more healers. Also there is a cd on this spell....that does almost no damage. I am proposing to remove the Soul Fire and put in a viable archon specc. Also remove lava field and put something like a streaming spell that casuses the players around to get a healing bonus. Also the whioole idea of is horrible, debuffing oneplayer to buff a raid. That player is now a target for DEATH, has limited capabilties and then no good dps or tool abilities. Archon is the only soul(of every soul in the game) that severely debbuffs the char to buff the raid. All other chars have beneficial buffs that help them and others, some more than the other, such as athe bard. So Trion, i want this tree to be corrected and put on par with other support roles.
    My Proposed Ideas
    Replace Soul Fire (fire damage) perhaps with 5% increase to all spell damage (similarto the warlock tree) or make all spells earth base damaged and increase all damage from earth by 5%
    Remove Lava field - useless, my suggestion - a streamed channel ability that gives healing bonus to target around the mob.
    Purging Flames also worthless in raids, if someting needs to be purged, one of our many healers with be on it before i need to have this casted - please remove spell. Better tool spell along the line of archon - buff a player with reduced threat for 10 secs or mini flare, increase ap/sp by 7% for 10 secs
    Flowing sand - worthless, I never need to run away as archon. Please replace spell entirely, preferably with a dps spell so I can get my dps higher or something that reduces or immunes me to silences and stuns as I die so fast due to the debuffs
    All archon buffs - should last 10 mins, 4 min timeframe does nothing but reduce my dps, 10 mins and encounters can end. 4 and then I have one more thing to recast that does not help for 5-10 secs. Also please reduce debuff on mage to about half the debuff but keep the buff on raid the same so the class doesnt become obsolete. This will make my char viable raid dps and still have me debuffed enough so my other spells when cast will buff me to the point of underacceptable of normal standing.
    Fix draining power - 10 % more damage is nothing pls increase to 20 or at least 15%
    Flaring power - reduce the cooldown to 3 min, espcially since it also cause a warrior cd to proc. 3 mins is still a long time in a fight. its only 15% more damage, not a ton.
    Also make my buffs stack with other rogue buffs pls, they are not that overpowering to have to buffs up of the same kind. Or add some new merge feature where we only get 3/4 of the buff becuase there is another raid buff of the same up.
    One last request fix- a high tiered spell that actually does damage, perhaps leave a debuff on the mob after casting that reduces there skills or gives the raid 5% more hit and focus on that target.

I want you(Trion) to thoughtfully consider fixing my archon. I would like this to be my favorite role. Its the only soul that doesnt have all of its spec options for itself and other spells that cannot even be used.

I dont care if u use my suggestions for other spell replacement but I would like fixes in the tree to be looked at for an archon and its abilities, this needs to be fixed. smiles to all
    Dude, almost nothing you write makes sense! Its like you never really read the tool tip of you abilities or thought about how the work in teams.

Archons are simply AMAZING. The group synergy is fantastic both in PvE and PvP. Of cause you could tweak or improve certain abilities.

From your post it seems you totally misunderstood the whole purpose of the Archon Soul

Regards

Acererak

PS: TRION should improve Aura Duration. 5 minutes are just too short a duration!
    Last edited by Acererak; 09-02-2011 at 02:43 AM.

idiot
    /10char

Archon is hard to play? funny, after i get all my auras and debuffs cast, i just hit my 1 macro for 5 minutes after which i cast my auras/debuffs again and start over, its rather boring. apart from the occasional flaring power cast, and keeping power drain up as much as possible.

and the 5 minute auras are fine, especially after playing a Bard and motif-spamming every 30 seconds.

but i stopped trying to read that after you said archon was hard to play so i

Soulwalker

I have played archon raiding with my guild since the beginning and am still the archon during raids. From when i had no idea of the spell rotation to doing 400 dps on Duke in GSB. Now better geared and playing it for months and months, it is not an acceptable soul. I have leveled my other chars and played there support specs and none of them are half as hard to play and have less viable soul points specs then the archon. It is the the hardest and least efficient soul there is.
    Archon is very far from hard to play, in fact I would say it's very easy to play. Keep the buffs up and use your macro for the short time buffs. Use other buffs (flaring power etc) in coordination with the rest of the raid (eg coordinate with them so everyone knows when it's triggered).

First off there is soul fire in the tree which gives 5% more fire damage. I have one fire spell. The second i dont count, lava field because it is a not a viable raid spell. The cast time, the area effect and heal increase of a possible 5% is not viable for tank get healed with 3 or more healers. Also there is a cd on this spell....that does almost no damage.
    As cyborg99 already stated:

Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99
    Soul Fire buffs Volcanic Bomb, Surging Flare, Searing Loltality, Burning Purpose, Leeching Flames(I'm pretty sure, anyway, Power Drain and other +% damage buffs/debuffs boost it), etc.
    Also remember that every time you cast a spell that debuffs the mob, like Pillaging Stones, you trigger the proc from Burning Purpose. So in a way +fire damage indirectly buffs your Pillaging Stone spell (if you know what I mean...)

I am proposing to remove the Soul Fire and put in a viable archon specc. Also remove lava field and put something like a streaming spell that casuses the players around to get a healing bonus.
    Well Lava Field already gives a healing bonus. Maybe you can tell us more about how you'd like the new spell to work? Channeled to promote mobile fights? Shorter cooldown?

Also the whioole idea of is horrible, debuffing oneplayer to buff a raid. That player is now a target for DEATH, has limited capabilties and then no good dps or tool abilities. Archon is the only soul(of every soul in the game) that severely debbuffs the char to buff the raid. All other chars have beneficial buffs that help them and others, some more than the other, such as athe bard. So Trion, i want this tree to be corrected and put on par with other support roles.
    Well, Archon is the soul that gives and keeps on giving. When you play an Archon you have to think about the raid and not only yourself. Also remember that the raidbuffs (that debuff you) are paired with mob debuffs that gives you stats back to negate the self debuffs.

My Proposed Ideas
    Well, I would not be entirely opposed to a dps buff but then again the Archon is not exactly the highest dps in the raid.

Again, maybe you can tell us more about the differences you are looking for?

Purging Flames is actually quite good but situational. You can use it on trash mobs to remove some buffs and make things a little bit easier, some bosses need cleansing (last boss in GP for example) and for purging duties it can be good to remove the need for healers to do it and let them focus on keeping people alive.

Again, it's situational.

And it's quite evil in PvP to remove hots and buffs from large groups of players.

In PVE raids it's not that much use no, prolly have some uses for PVP but I cannot say how much it's used.

I would not be opposed to longer timers on the buffs.

Like cyborg99 already said:
    Quote Originally Posted by cyborg99
    Power Drain is 10% because it also reduces the target's damage by 10%.
    It can be a ton depending on the dps in your raid and how well the raid utilizes it. Personally I would not mind having more uptime on Flaring Power but I am afraid it would mess with the current encounter mechanics. Someone who is a lot better on math than me can probably say more.

+hit/focus could be nice, but I feel it may be too situational. Either:
    a) The raid does not meet the hit/focus for the fight, then they should work on their gear
    b) The raid meets all hit/focus requirements, then the spell might be a waste of time
    c) The raid meets the reqs, but decides to drop hit/focus to improve sp/ap/crit/whatever. Well, I doubt this spell could have a 100% uptime so it would mostly likely be better if the raid already has the gear.

But sure, more buffs/debuffs can probably be useful.

smiles to all
    Smiles back bro, keep on truckin'

Telaran

It would be nice to get buff/debuff/aura timers increased to 10 minutes. Would help immensely in keeping them all up between pulls of trash mobs, and ensure you don't have to refresh everything mid boss fight.

Lava Field would be fine if it just had a not-completely-stupid cooldown, say 15s or so.

Champion

Lava Field needs adjusting, but that's the only thing IMO.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Champion

Uhmm. you notice that spell called pillaging stone? or searing vitality? Now look at your group buffs.
    Anyone who plays archon knows you keep up ALL your self buffs. PS, SV, Your resist ones, the spell haste one, even rock slide for the extra int. This counters the self-debuff to buff the raid by a large amount, escentially you only get a 'minor' penalty at worst.

And even then, If you actually RAID you'd know that other classed over-write some of your raid buffs, thus, you really only need to keep up 2 of your auras, and let the rest of the raid handle the ones that are overwritten. (BP & Spell haste)

So, I really cna't see why you say your a target for death... If anything your going to be the single most buffed character in the raid...

Are you saying you went from not knowing rotation and doing 400 dps to something higher or that you are currently doing 400 dps?

Also, SinisterDeath, you should be instructing your raid to not use any buffs that cause your auras to fall off as they are shorter duration and deprive you of bonuses like increased damage.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Champion

I switched my main to a 51 Archon a few weeks ago and love it. What you're saying makes me think you're playing a different game.

If I may suggest, go to Bluedot's website and find his Endgame Mage PvE Guide, updated for 1.4. Scroll down to the Archon part and read through it. I especially recommend the debuff/buff part.
    Last edited by Raptor7; 09-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Acererak View Post
    PS: TRION should improve Aura Duration. 5 minutes are just too short a duration!
    Good thing you don't play a Bard cos theirs last only 30 seconds.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Are you saying you went from not knowing rotation and doing 400 dps to something higher or that you are currently doing 400 dps?

Also, SinisterDeath, you should be instructing your raid to not use any buffs that cause your auras to fall off as they are shorter duration and deprive you of bonuses like increased damage.
    Well, you can actually keep your auras up, taking the debuff, and everyone else not get the buff. (At least I've had that work sometimes.)

But try telling the raid
    "Okay, I want you to take 5% less stats, so I can do 1% more dmg." :P

If anything, Archon Auras SHOULD out-do EVERY similar - buff slot of EVERY soul out there, Simple as that. No other soul is as much support as an Archon is, yet there dps is better/easier than an archons.

Also, shouldn't a raid-geared archon be doing 600 dps easy?

cast surging flare
    cast volcanic bomb
    cast earthen barrage
    cast leeching flame
    cast pillaging stone

enjoy your 900 dps with spamming one macro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast