+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pyro PVP Dead My Butt

Default Pyro PVP Dead My Butt

Getting scores like this one all night.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3...0901085926.jpg

If you look closely you will see I took among the most damage on my team and received the least healing as well.
    Last edited by Ozamet; 09-01-2011 at 05:32 AM.

You have soul sickness.

Rift Chaser

There are always exceptions, but overall, pyro is no longer as viable as it used to be.
    You can't get there from here, Alice.

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    You have soul sickness.
    1) That would be completely contradictory to the screenshot provided
    2) No I don't. Where the hell do you see soul sickness? Perhaps you are mistaking the powerstone icon for the sickness one.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi
    There are always exceptions, but overall, pyro is no longer as viable as it used to be
    I don't think that's a fair assessment anymore. Not tooting my own horn but I think Pyro just takes skill now vs LoL Squirrel boom.
    Last edited by Ozamet; 09-01-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozamet View Post
    Getting scores like this one all night.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/3...0901085926.jpg

If you look closely you will see I took among the most damage on my team and received the least healing as well.
    Compare that to the only game of PvP I've played in 3 days:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...-02_004041.jpg
    (You'll notice I took more damage then any other guardian)

OR the last PvP thread I made about 51 Lock before that:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...1-warlock.html

51 Lock makes me laugh at anyone who still runs SC/Pyro (serious).

Edit:

1) That would be completely contradictory to the screenshot provided
    2) No I don't. Where the hell do you see soul sickness? Perhaps you are mistaking the powerstone icon for the sickness one.
    I believe he is making fun of the fact you have 5k HP.

51 Lock runs with 9k.
    Last edited by ArchivistCarrion; 09-01-2011 at 07:10 AM.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchivistCarrion View Post
    Compare that to the only game of PvP I've played in 3 days:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...-02_004041.jpg
    (You'll notice I took more damage then any other guardian)

OR the last PvP thread I made about 51 Lock before that:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...1-warlock.html

51 Lock makes me laugh at anyone who still runs SC/Pyro (serious).

Edit:

I believe he is making fun of the fact you have 5k HP.

51 Lock runs with 9k.
    9k in R8

I'm R5

Rift Disciple

I am R5 and run 7k on my 51lock soul.

I demolish 51 WLs

Quote Originally Posted by Void Seraphi View Post
    There are always exceptions, but overall, pyro is no longer as viable as it used to be.
    your very wrong. pyro has the strongest spike dmg as long as you have the r8 gear that is. it has viable utility and imo is way better then the fotm SC. i use pyro more then i ever did now
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by Kommon View Post
    I am R5 and run 7k on my 51lock soul.
    I sit at 6.6k with 5/5 Vitality. If I wanted to I could run with 5/5 Vitality as I'm already running 10pts Warlock with my Pyro. It means giving up Hastened Withdrawal though which I would rather have over an extra 1k HP.

HW, Break Free, Flicker.

I killed several 51 Locks last night with my Pyro spec. 51 Lock is awesome for high rank pvp but is certainly not the only option for good burst. Infact I found 51 Lock to lack in utility. The purpose of my post is of similar nature to Bleeds. Pyro is obviously still viable AND competitive.

And if you watch Bleeds' videos you might notice in one of them he has 4.4k HP. It isn't about the total HP as much as it is what you get for the trade off. Lower damage specs will naturally want higher HP. It's all about your preference and playstyle. A 51 Lock isn't going to kite anything. You'll simply tank it through your cooldowns (3m) and attempt Mortality when in desperate need.

Bleeds Pyro/Dom (pwning w/ 4.4k-4.8k HP)

My Build

38 Pyro / 10 Warlock / 18 AM

EDIT: Hey Bleeds, you posted before me while I was typing. Long live Pyro! :P
    Last edited by Ozamet; 09-01-2011 at 07:54 AM.

lgw

Best regards from the Marksmen, Nightblades, Riftblades and Inquisicars - they want to thank you for your gracious Favour donation.
    I'll skip the Mages, because they can perfectly thank you themselves here.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

I sit at 6.6k with 5/5 Vitality. If I wanted to I could run with 5/5 Vitality as I'm already running 10pts Warlock with my Pyro. It means giving up Hastened Withdrawal though which I would rather have over an extra 1k HP.

HW, Break Free, Flicker.

I killed several 51 Locks last night with my Pyro spec. 51 Lock is awesome for high rank pvp but is certainly not the only option for good burst. Infact I found 51 Lock to lack in utility. The purpose of my post is of similar nature to Bleeds. Pyro is obviously still viable AND competitive.

And if you watch Bleeds' videos you might notice in one of them he has 4.4k HP. It isn't about the total HP as much as it is what you get for the trade off. Lower damage specs will naturally want higher HP. It's all about your preference and playstyle. A 51 Lock isn't going to kite anything. You'll simply tank it through your cooldowns (3m) and attempt Mortality when in desperate need.

Bleeds Pyro/Dom (pwning w/ 4.4k-4.8k HP)

My Build

38 Pyro / 10 Warlock / 18 AM

EDIT: Hey Bleeds, you posted before me while I was typing. Long live Pyro! :P
    not a good build, no backdraft?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cuts.xx.xx0R0f much better
    Last edited by Dubsack; 09-01-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubsack View Post
    not a good build, no backdraft?
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...cuts.xx.xx0R0f much better
    not a good build, no unbreakable bonds?

btw backdraft is a **** way to wastefully use up DR on 8 players. The stun barely lasts longer than your GCD, what do you expect to do to 8 people in 0.5 seconds hrm?

Lockdown is much better of an option coupled with cast cancelling firestorms. If you plan to AoE ever you will want to use Lockdown first as it also increases fire damage by 5%. If you Backdraft afterwards you'll get maybe a half a second stun out of it?

wasteful...

And goodluck burning anything down without Burning Bonds. It is probably the best utility spell Pyro has. 8 seconds of free reign on a target without a break free, keeps runners from running, awesome for letting you get around a corner to los.

Backdraft or not the fact that you skipped over Burning Bonds completely is fail. If you want to post; you should post from experience not from your @$$. <3
    Last edited by Ozamet; 09-01-2011 at 10:59 AM.

not a good build, no unbreakable bonds?

btw backdraft is a **** way to wastefully use up DR on 8 players. The stun barely lasts longer than your GCD, what do you expect to do to 8 people in 0.5 seconds hrm?

Lockdown is much better of an option coupled with cast cancelling firestorms. If you plan to AoE ever you will want to use Lockdown first as it also increases fire damage by 5%. If you Backdraft afterwards you'll get maybe a half a second stun out of it?

wasteful...

And goodluck burning anything down without Burning Bonds. It is probably the best utility spell Pyro has. 8 seconds of free reign on a target without a break free, keeps runners from running, awesome for letting you get around a corner to los.

Backdraft or not the fact that you skipped over Burning Bonds completely is fail. If you want to post; you should post from experience not from your @$$. <3
    i only run with premaids where burning bonds is meh also wasting a dr tick. backdraft is a great interupt and cant be without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubsack View Post
    i only run with premaids where burning bonds is meh also wasting a dr tick. backdraft is a great interupt and cant be without it.
    Well, to each his own I suppose. But if you're looking for an interrupt from Pyro when you only run with premades than you probably aren't running with a very well optimized premade. Let interrupts interrupt. An interrupt effect does not trigger DR where the stun does.

Save DR (stuns, roots, silences, etc) CC for ensuring a kill or saving a life.

If you MUST have Backdraft than take a point from Wildfire instead and ignore Combust. This way you still get Burning Bonds. Combust is garbage for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast