+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage - I must be doing something wrong

Default Mage - I must be doing something wrong

It's another one of those I can't figure it out, what's wrong with my rotation etc threads so leave if you're not interested in helping!

I traditionally run a storm/ele BS spec for ST and AOE dps. But everyone is claiming necrolock with soul purge is now the best ST dps.

My stats are with just a powerstone are:

1487 spell power
    866 spell crit
    321 focus

I just got done parsing my 35/31 necrolock at 1268 dps.

My storm/ele was at 1322 dps.

Here are the damage breakdowns.

Necrolock: http://i55.tinypic.com/igg29z.jpg
    Storm/ele: http://i51.tinypic.com/289zlw3.jpg

With necrolock, I pre-place grave rot > CDs > LL > Necrosis > Dark Touch > Void Bolt > Soul Purge until LL has 55 seconds left on it then refresh dots and refresh grave rot when deathly calling gets down to 1 during a soul purge cast.

I blipped a little on the storm/ele and did one too little cloudbursts on a BS rotation in resulted in a mini crit AB...

I must be doing something wrong -_-

I find that many mages can't run SC/Ele BS/AB properly and hence why people think it's a lot further behind ST DPS then it actually is.

However it seems like your Necrolock parse is one minute longer then your SC/Ele one which will effect the total DPS due to cooldowns.
    JD - Formerly Archivist
    ||P8 Mage||11/11 HK||
    Breaking Bads @ Seastone
    Recruiting 1 Warrior or Rogue Tank - Apply on the Website!!

Well the necrolock never broke 1.3k dps while my storm/ele fluctuated from 1.33k to 1.4k.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayakov View Post
    It's another one of those I can't figure it out, what's wrong with my rotation etc threads so leave if you're not interested in helping!

I traditionally run a storm/ele BS spec for ST and AOE dps. But everyone is claiming necrolock with soul purge is now the best ST dps.

My stats are with just a powerstone are:

1487 spell power
    866 spell crit
    321 focus

I just got done parsing my 35/31 necrolock at 1268 dps.

My storm/ele was at 1322 dps.

Here are the damage breakdowns.

Necrolock: http://i55.tinypic.com/igg29z.jpg
    Storm/ele: http://i51.tinypic.com/289zlw3.jpg

With necrolock, I pre-place grave rot > CDs > LL > Necrosis > Dark Touch > Void Bolt > Soul Purge until LL has 55 seconds left on it then refresh dots and refresh grave rot when deathly calling gets down to 1 during a soul purge cast.

I blipped a little on the storm/ele and did one too little cloudbursts on a BS rotation in resulted in a mini crit AB...

I must be doing something wrong -_-
    How many parses did you do. You cant base everything on 1 or few numbers of parses. Also zealot pet scales better in raid their auto attack is about 30% of their DPS and archon buff increases attack speed the AP and crit. Sometimes pets gets lucky you will get a lot of triple crits from the pet. Also zealot pet can consist of more than 40% of your DPS especially in 35/31 spec.

SC/ELE's single target is also way up there its just most of people couldnt get the rotation right. To be prefect honest I too just like you parses 100 to 200 dps higher running BS/AB on dummies compare to 35/31 yet I parse 200dps higher with 35/31 in raid pure single target than my SC/Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    How many parses did you do. You cant base everything on 1 or few numbers of parses. Also zealot pet scales better in raid their auto attack is about 30% of their DPS and archon buff increases attack speed the AP and crit. Sometimes pets gets lucky you will get a lot of triple crits from the pet. Also zealot pet can consist of more than 40% of your DPS especially in 35/31 spec.

SC/ELE's single target is also way up there its just most of people couldnt get the rotation right. To be prefect honest I too just like you parses 100 to 200 dps higher running BS/AB on dummies compare to 35/31 yet I parse 200dps higher with 35/31 in raid pure single target than my SC/Ele.
    Oh that's good to know.... I'm so hesitant to use necrolock in HK because of the dummy parses when SC/ele already parses so well.
    Last edited by Mayakov; 09-01-2011 at 12:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread