+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Caydin

Thread: What the Frack is going on?

Rift Chaser

Default What the Frack is going on?

Im pyro/ele in Hk and even got the synergy crystal and theres no reason it shouldnt be topping meters, our warriors are pushing past 3k dps on single target bosses like sicaron while Im stuck with **** dps. Fix the ****ing game...its getting old
    Last edited by Combustion; 08-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Rift Chaser

most mages here are upset they cant hit 2k, is the game really that unbalanced? we should be 3k easy.

Rift Chaser

BTW **** AOE, thats cute and all, give some other class the AOE damage, I only care about topping single target damage meters, and Im not respeccing or rerolling. Get some developer that isnt a ****** to fix the game. Is SWTOR almost out yet? Im so sick of the incompetence of these developers.
    Last edited by Combustion; 08-31-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

Why is there a crystal for elementalist? thats a trap and a joke! Why not just have a crystal for the viable speccs.....oh wait....we dont have any.

Rift Chaser

because the game is currently and has been, since the begining, on the road to a all cleric and warrior raid with two mages and a rogue doing the support. this game has alot of pluses but is the only one where a pure dps class just cant lead in single target dps and struggles on aoe ones on a consistant basis.

i agree mages and rogues should be head and shoulders above other classes in dps but it isnt going to happen. especially when you see trion in thier pod casts running around as warriors. (atleast the few i have seen they were all warriors)

dont get me wrong i like to see warriors and clerics be able to dps allowing them to do quests and solo content at a pace where a snail wont pass them. other games had this mindset making leveling one a job in and of itself. but now we are talking raid content where the dps classes should be superior. however they are not nor will ever be if the current trend continues.

while it is nice to give the player base choices as to all four classes can do x, y and z and trying to keep them somewhat equal it just is making a jack of all trades game mentality masterless and boring.

Sword of Telara

i r gamer

gamer so mad!
    Last edited by Corebot; 09-02-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Champion

We're ahead of Warriors with any fight that has AoE (Zilas, Matron, King/Prince, Garau) and they're ahead of us on fights that don't (Mudrantix, Sicaron, Grugonim, Darktide).

I guess you can consider that "balance" although I wish they would just make all the classes equal. No one is ever going to agree on the "I should do more DPS cause I'm melee" vs "I should do more DPS cause I wear cloth" argument, so just give everyone the same relative DPS and be done with it.

GSB: 5/5, RoS: 4/4, HK: 10/11
    GP: 4/4, DH: 4/4

Ascendant

Did you really quadruple post? How incredibly useless.

Rift Chaser

You're crying because you're not the top every time in your chosen spec in a game that demands switching specs. You even have five slots. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I also disagree with almost everything you said. Have a nice day.

BTW, SWTOR (while I've been waiting for it for a very long time) is a letdown. Carbon-copy typical MMO with nothing innovative.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    Did you really quadruple post? How incredibly useless.

Could be worse. He could have made 4 threads for this crap.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kavrae View Post
    You're crying because you're not the top every time in your chosen spec in a game that demands switching specs. You even have five slots. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

I also disagree with almost everything you said. Have a nice day.

BTW, SWTOR (while I've been waiting for it for a very long time) is a letdown. Carbon-copy typical MMO with nothing innovative.
    I got the Pyro Synergy Crystal, why would I want to play a specc that makes my crystal go grey? Sure I will probably end up playing some form of lock necro for murdantix, and of course I have to chloro on Sicaron until our raid is more geared, so yes theres some grey area, but the point is that I still consider myself a Pyro mage and I am, as well as any other good mages out there, sick to death of seeing other classes so far ahead on damage that it makes you think the developers must be smoking crack. I mean were not talking about 5-10% like we should be, were talking 2000 vs 3000 with a tight enrage, thats ****ing stupid.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-04-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by FireWraith View Post
    We're ahead of Warriors with any fight that has AoE (Zilas, Matron, King/Prince, Garau) and they're ahead of us on fights that don't (Mudrantix, Sicaron, Grugonim, Darktide).

I guess you can consider that "balance" although I wish they would just make all the classes equal. No one is ever going to agree on the "I should do more DPS cause I'm melee" vs "I should do more DPS cause I wear cloth" argument, so just give everyone the same relative DPS and be done with it.
    Dont be a fool, yes me and the other mage can fake the meter on zilas and do 4k from pyro and sc aoe haxx, but there have been weeks where we werent there and the warriors and rogues still killed those adds (maybe a second or 2 slower) and the Boss died faster! A raid leader could care less about some worthless meter padding on worthless aoe, the boss has an enrage, and if they could kill the boss faster without you there then your worthless. People know your worthless when you do 4k on an aoe fight, then get to a single target and do 2k, everyone knows your damage is fake and bloating the meters and when it comes to the important part your so far behind the warriors that the mage is a joke. In my Guild if you cant push around 2600-3300 you are replaced with someone who can, and no again, AOE does not count. We bring mages for chloro on sicaron, 1 archon, and for tanking on King molinar, besides that were worthless.
    Last edited by Combustion; 09-04-2011 at 11:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Mage, at least we're not rogue...

+ Reply to Thread